If there is a new FW update can DJI add M2 handling?
925 7 2023-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just putting it out there in case there might be a new FW update in the next few months.

DJI, could you please add the flight characteristics of the Mavic 2 to the next FW? Or if you're planning on bringing out the M4 soon, please make that fly like the M2.

The M3 fly's like it's got lane assist on all the time and it can't spin on it's axis. Its does this weird arc thing which is getting right on my moobs!

There was a post on here and the person created a motion graphic showing the issue, but can't find it. I think he was either Italian or French.

I live in hope...

Phil

2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Good day! I appreciate you bringing this up. Your comments and recommendations will be forwarded to the relevant team to be reviewed. Please keep an eye on our official website for updates. We value your understanding and patience.
2023-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The M3 fly's like it's got lane assist on all the time and it can't spin on it's axis.
If your drone can't rotate on its axis, there's something wrong with it.
But more information would be needed to understand what the problem is.

2023-8-17
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What's amazing is there seems to be only a handful of people who seem to have identified that the M3 (well, all 2022 onwards Mavics) fly in a completely different manner to the older ones, where the drone will not fly forwards at any great speed when yawing from a hover. Further to this, the modern mavics are unable to spin during forward flight to carry on travelling in the same direction, but facing the other way.

These threads come up every now and then people who can't identify the problem then say everything is fine.

Here is a perfect example showing a comparison between old flying and new flying. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2902437

We want DJI to give us the option to have this stupid 'banked turns' to be switched off, so we can fly exactly as we tell the drone to fly.
2023-8-17
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CloudVisual Posted at 8-17 23:53
What's amazing is there seems to be only a handful of people who seem to have identified that the M3 (well, all 2022 onwards Mavics) fly in a completely different manner to the older ones, where the drone will not fly forwards at any great speed when yawing from a hover. Further to this, the modern mavics are unable to spin during forward flight to carry on travelling in the same direction, but facing the other way.

These threads come up every now and then people who can't identify the problem then say everything is fine.

Yes, it amazes me too. I had much more convidence with the 2 than the 3, along with the issue of it being really y skittish in the air. With the 2, I could literally wang it back at full speed, spin it round mid air, air brake and land it at my feet. I wouldn't even attempt that with the 3, unless I wanted to spend a few hours in A&E.

Don't get me wrong, other than that I actually think the pictures off it are amazing, so as Mick would say,  'You can't always have what you want'

Well done for finding the earlier post, this descibes the issue perfectly.

DJI please comment and give it some thought.
2023-8-18
Use props
fansa785a041
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006972 ft
United States

It's pretty bad that this has been discussed since November with no comment on the matter. I saw they've made a toggle on the enterprise drone but not other models in the series. They took atti mode away, and now they've dumbed down the flight process to the point of costing professionals.

A director looking over your shoulder doesn't care about active track or turn assist. A "pro" tool should have pro settings, meaning the ability to toggle certain features on/off. This is an area where DJI needs to read the room.
2023-8-23
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa785a041 Posted at 8-23 04:28
It's pretty bad that this has been discussed since November with no comment on the matter. I saw they've made a toggle on the enterprise drone but not other models in the series. They took atti mode away, and now they've dumbed down the flight process to the point of costing professionals.

A director looking over your shoulder doesn't care about active track or turn assist. A "pro" tool should have pro settings, meaning the ability to toggle certain features on/off. This is an area where DJI needs to read the room.

Agreed.  Notably the Mavic 3 Enterprise has the option to change this characteristic and turn this off.
2023-8-23
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just bumping this back on the forum in case DJI are working on the Mavic 4.

Please look at the flight characteristics and match it to the M2 not the M3, as it fly's like Joe Bidens mind!
3-2 02:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules