Mini 3 pro & goggles 2 mc 2 experiences?
1118 7 2023-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

I have been searching the forum for experiences with the goggles 2 motion combo icw the mini 3 pro.
I don't seem to get a consistent picture of the user experience and potential issues.

I read that some people don't like the fit on their noose and read of fogging issues?
Are these issues for most of you, or individual issues?

In terms of experiences, I am new to any goggle and wondered if you have all info on the goggle that you have on the fly app?
I sometimes would like to have a better view than with the screen on the controller plus line of sight.
In sunny conditions my attention gets drawn a lot to the screen to see what I'm recording and sometimes loose line of sight because I need to have so much attention with the recording.
Also when I stand in the shade, my attention seems too devided sometimes despite better visibility.
My girlfriend normally tries to keep line of sight but having a reasonable idea of where it is gives me a better feeling and sense of control.

Is there information on the goggles screen with respect to the environment?
I think I would like the, presumed, better view on the drones recording/image but I am slightly concerned that it may shut me off even more from the drones environment (I understand that my environment is shut off more ).

Or is it just for fun/racing?

I was thinking of buying the Goggles 2.

Regards Han
2023-8-18
Use props
Jack Hart
lvl.2
United States

I have a Mini Pro 3 with the googles Integra and the Motion 2.  Here are some of my observations:

Setting up the whole rig can be a pain.  I had all sorts of trouble until I discovered that the cable I was using between googles and smart phone FLY App was the wrong type.  After that, things went smoothly.

The googles fit fairly well with no light leaks, and the only fogging I get is when I come from an air conditioned house into 90% relative humidity outdoors.  It takes a few minutes for the fogging to go away.

As with any new system there is a lot to learn and different buttons to push.  I suggest going over the buttons of the Motion 2 a few times with your eyes closed to make sure you can find them when you first fly.
First flight, you may experience a little vertigo and motion sickness if you're not already used to googles.  Sit in a chair, have the googles on your forehead and the motion 2 close at hand. Launch the drone visually and lock it in hover.  Then lower the googles and begin your flight.  

Flying with the googles is a totally different experience than with the RC controller.  The RC Controller is far superior for most photography.  I tend to fly the googles much closer and much lower, and sometimes get so involved that I forget where I am.  All in all, I give the googles and motion controller a big thumbs up, but I'm thinking about buying an Avata to use with them since it seems far better suited to the type of flying the googles and motion controlller inspire.

Here's a video to give an idea of the type flying the googles and motion controller inspire.  Hope this answers some of your questions.

2023-8-18
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Jack Hart Posted at 8-18 04:15
I have a Mini Pro 3 with the googles Integra and the Motion 2.  Here are some of my observations:

Setting up the whole rig can be a pain.  I had all sorts of trouble until I discovered that the cable I was using between googles and smart phone FLY App was the wrong type.  After that, things went smoothly.

Yes it does answer some questions.
Thanks!

I took away:
Overall another very nice experience, I understand but more for fun than ultimate practical for photography/shooting video.
(But hey… we all need fun every now and then, don’t we?)

No real issues with fog (but I think those complaints referred to the goggles 2… )

Saw some videos in the meanwhile on head tracking.
That looks useful to see more around you (around the drone that is)?
A bit of a shame that obstacle detection is lost in that case as I understand…

2023-8-18
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-18 04:49
I purchased the Goggles 2/MC2 Combo, but ultimately returned it & purchased the Goggles Integra/MC2 Combo instead.  For my face, I had no issue with the fit of either goggle.  I never flew in a ultra high humidity situation so I had no fog issues with either.  I ordered the Goggles 2 at first for the wider FOV, adjustable diopters, DNLA/Audio streaming capability, & removable antenna.  They worked well & I was able to fly out 2-3 miles over open territory.

It only required a couple flights before I decided to order the Integra combo.  The issue it, no GPS in the Goggles 2 means you *MUST* attach your phone via USB to fly.  With the Goggles 2 you have both a battery cable & a phone cable dangling.  You can tidy it up with velcro cord wraps but I wanted the untethered experience offered by the Integra Combo with the built-in GPS & battery.  The slightly narrower FOV is not an issue & it turns out I can see the screen perfectly without needing any of the included diopter lenses.  I doubt I would have ever used the DLNA streaming or change antenna so they weren't big issues.  

Thanks!
I had no clue there was a difference with gps.
In the meanwhile I have found some videos on the “2” but none show a cell needs to be attached.
It seems you can use it without.

What is the benefit of having gps in the goggles? I guess I’ll be standing still or sit when using them?
In the vids of the goggle 2 I didn’t see the square like left in the fly app where you can see the direction and position or the aircraft vs you. Is that available when you have gps? (I think we call it the compass).

The appeal of the “2” was for me also the ability to adjust the diopters (learned something today ;) ).
No loose lenses and stuff…
2023-8-18
Use props
Jack Hart
lvl.2
United States

Head tracking:  works as advertised  but vertigo inducing.  I  find it hard to use without falling over.  Be sure to be seated the first time you try it.  Believe me, obstacle detection will be the least of your worries.

With the googles Integra, there is an internal GPS and  a GPS generated  "H" symbol on the screen that marks the position of home.  Googles 2 have no internal GPS, so they must have a smart phone with GPS plugged in to provide that info.  

Adjustable diopter is just something more complicated to break.  Once the proper lenses are inserted into the Integra, no further adjustment or attention is required.  Inserting the lenses takes about 30 seconds.
2023-8-18
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Jack Hart Posted at 8-18 10:36
Head tracking:  works as advertised  but vertigo inducing.  I  find it hard to use without falling over.  Be sure to be seated the first time you try it.  Believe me, obstacle detection will be the least of your worries.

With the googles Integra, there is an internal GPS and  a GPS generated  "H" symbol on the screen that marks the position of home.  Googles 2 have no internal GPS, so they must have a smart phone with GPS plugged in to provide that info.  

Ow!

I thought that orientating using head tracking was perhaps a solution for the environment of the drone.

Did I get misled in the videos of the goggle 2? No smartphones attached but still the homepoint in the screen visible!
2023-8-18
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-18 13:18
The Integra goggles have a built-in GPS.  The Goggles 2 do not.  Due to RID requirements in the USA, attaching a phone to provide GPS data is necessary to fly.  For you in the Netherlands that will not be an issue.  I only had a few flights with the Goggles 2 before I sent them back for the Integra.  I had the "H" indicator, but I had to attach my phone for GPS in order to take off.  I think this would show even without GPS as it could just use the original Home location as determined by the drone.  The Avata showed the "H" when used with the Goggles 2.   

I own the original DJI Goggles & Goggles RE.  I could not focus with them until I purchased custom lens inserts.  I assumed the Goggles 2/Integra would have the same issue.  To my surprise, I barely had to alter the Goggles 2 diopter from 0, and with the Integra goggles I can focus on the screen perfectly fine even with no diopter lens installed (I am moderately near-sighted with mild astigmatism).  I really like the Integra goggles.  In the USA the GPS is a must.

Aha

You need it to take off?
Is that a way to register who is droning where.?

Searched a bit:

What is it? Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties through a broadcast signal.

Why do we need it? Remote ID lays the foundation of the safety and security groundwork needed for more complex drone operations. Remote ID also helps the FAA, law enforcement, and other federal agencies locate the control station when a drone appears to be flying in an unsafe manner or where it is not allowed to fly.

Man! They are watching you!
2023-8-18
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-19 05:57
Indeed they are.  Big Brother intrusive USA government on full display.   I don't have a problem with RID, with the exception of the data being unencrypted & available to everyone.  In particular, the location of the pilot.   What could possibly go wrong?  It should be limited to law enforcement & the FAA.  Any politician who supports the "openly broadcast pilot location" provision should be forced to wear a tracker that constantly broadcasts their location to an app available to anyone.

Man!

To everyone interested?
I was naive enough to think only to the, what is it at your place, FAA?
that would indeed be sufficient in my book.

So when a burglar wants to know when you leave to drone, he can on see on public media that it is the case? Wow.

But perhaps your wife knows how to handle a burglar?

Just pops into my mind:
I recently made an appointment with an old colleague from Polen, lovely guy, and asked him if they felt threatened by the Russian “issue” with ukrainien. He said, let them come, he had several arms including automatic’s and was trained to use them.

For us here in the Netherlands that is so unknown!

I understand it though (although it would not be my thing, but more and more I get the feeling that I am naive about it)
2023-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules