Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupted files on Inspire 1
850 3 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r.maluf
New

Brazil

Hey guys, how are you?
I'm writing because I need some help with some issue that's driving me crazy. Last week, when I returned home from a job I had this unpleasant surprise: from the 37 clips made, 10 were corrupted, and 2 others crashed at the beginning. Fortunately I've managed to recover them all, using windows and some prompt lines. Saved the job, at least.

Anyway, what I'm here for is to understand WHY this is happening and how can I prevent it from happening again!! Specially because next week I'll participate shooting a movie with my I1, and can't afford to lose any footage!

Important info:
1. All movies were shooten and then finished, I didn't shut down the aircraft before "finishing the movie" (#1 cause of corrupted files)
2. I use an Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, and never had problem before.
3. Everything is updated.
4. I use an iPad Air, with original lightning cable
5. I've made 4K, 1080/60fps and 1080/30fps movies. Had problems with all resolutions.
Anyway, I'm really glad for any help/instructions/tips/hints/whatever

2015-8-31
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb its giving me the same issue, i think its the memory card that are failing...
2015-8-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Usual issues:

1. Faulty memory card
2. Do not erase files piecemeal. Cumulate movies, when ready to erase, reformat card. When data rates are high (4K), file fragmentation can result in write errors.
2015-9-1
Use props
btdross
New
Flight distance : 228392 ft
United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-8-31 18:17
Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb its giving me the same issue, i think its the memory card that are failing. ...

Hi Leoamartinez,
Have you been able to confirm that it is the card that is at fault?  I've been having very similar issues, using the same card.

Did you contact Sandisk directly about it?

Thanks in advance!
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules