Please DJI let us turn on the camera with the remote.
1928 15 2023-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oooseun
lvl.1

United States

There's no technical limitation to this. It's win win. All the competitors have this feature.

It's an $80 device. Please. I have purchased the device in anticipation that DJI will improve it's functional over time

And while we're at it, please consider letting multiple cameras connect to a mobile device.
2023-8-18
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

In OA4 it is a function for Wake Up by Bluetooth for the remote control.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller (hereinafter referred to as “remote controller”) connects to Osmo Action 4 via Bluetooth. You are allowed to control the camera remotely to capture footage using the remote controller. The remote controller supports single-camera and multi-camera control modes so that you can shoot with up to 16 cameras simultaneously. The built-in satellite positioning modules enable you to record accurate data in motion. When used with DJI Mimo, you can add a host of collected data to enrich the video, such as speed, route, direction, and elevation. Effective remote control distance: 25 m. After the initial pairing between the Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller and the camera, there is no need to pair them again. The remote controller will quickly connect to the camera once powered on.

1. Quick Switch Button
Press once: switch between shooting modes when connected to the camera.
Press and hold: power on or off the remote controller.

2.  Link Button
Press once: power on the camera when the camera is in sleep mode and connected to the remote controller. During the linking process, press once to cancel linking.

Press and hold: link the remote controller and the camera.

3. Shutter/Record Button
Press once: take a photo or start/stop recording. When the camera is in sleep mode, press once to start SnapShot.
Press and hold: power off the camera. When the camera is in sleep mode, press and hold to power on the camera.

Note: both scenarios refer to situations when the remote controller is connected to the camera.

4. Button Combinations
Press and hold the shutter/record button and link button for four seconds: switch between single-camera control mode and multi-camera control mode and start linking.
Press and hold the quick switch button and shutter/record button for four seconds: view the firmware version of the remote controller.
Press and hold the quick switch button and link button for four seconds: forget the Bluetooth connection and start linking.
2023-8-19
Use props
Oooseun
lvl.1

United States

johansenfoto Posted at 8-19 01:53
In OA4 it is a function for Wake Up by Bluetooth for the remote control.

Are you saying you can power the camera on with the remote?

Can you detail how?
2023-8-19
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Oooseun Posted at 8-19 07:13
Are you saying you can power the camera on with the remote?

Can you detail how?

Idk, just check the menu in camera. But it is probably only wake-up.
2023-8-19
Use props
Oooseun
lvl.1

United States

yeah i'm well aware you can wake the camera up. But this post isn't about waking them up it's about turning them on.
2023-8-21
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

For turning on via remote the camera should have all the time Bluetooth on, that means never really of, just in sleep mode. This would drain the battery..
2023-8-21
Use props
Oooseun
lvl.1

United States

Yes it will, that's okay. The current wake limit seems to be 30mins. Maybe they could give us the option to keep the camera in sleep mode for options of longer periods. Power draw is certainly something Gopro and Insta have solved so it's not technically infeasible. I think the best is for the user to be able to customize how long a camera is latently listening for bluetooth commands for.

Lots of things are bluetooth connected, and the osmo action has bluetooth 5.0 which sips power. BLE uses between 0.01 and 0.5W, definitely on the lower side for a camera like this. The battery is  1770mAh/6.81Wh so it'll last more than a day even if it stayed connected the entire time.

2023-8-21
Use props
Gerdpeterw
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Oooseun Posted at 8-21 10:41
Yes it will, that's okay. The current wake limit seems to be 30mins. Maybe they could give us the option to keep the camera in sleep mode for options of longer periods. Power draw is certainly something Gopro and Insta have solved so it's not technically infeasible. I think the best is for the user to be able to customize how long a camera is latently listening for bluetooth commands for.

Lots of things are bluetooth connected, and the osmo action has bluetooth 5.0 which sips power. BLE uses between 0.01 and 0.5W, definitely on the lower side for a camera like this. The battery is  1770mAh/6.81Wh so it'll last more than a day even if it stayed connected the entire time.

I second that ! GoPro sleeps (and can be waken up via remote) for 8 hours. I think DJI should match that or give us an option in the camera settings for how long the camera should sleep before shutting down completely (Off, 30 min, 1h, 2h, 4h, 8h).
TY !
2023-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

15 minutes is their camera limit, they should offer  it understanding we all know it wil ldrain a battery, tehn make a stronger one LMAO
2023-10-15
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 10-15 07:03
15 minutes is their camera limit, they should offer  it understanding we all know it wil ldrain a battery, tehn make a stronger one LMAO

I have the remote and it will maintain the connection for a full 30 minutes while "asleep", but I agree, it should be configurable for a longer period.
2023-10-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

so I take a shot, then  by 30 minutes nothing happens I walk over to the camera 2 hours later reset up.   that works

If I take the shot and keep  waking to each 30 minutes to finally take the shot, to find hte battery drained

Action 3 we asked to  extended the 15 minute, we also asked to  extended the  auto power offer. way to go DJI!
2023-10-16
Use props
jbrujah
lvl.1

Germany

YES !!!! please give us the option to have the camera remain in sleep mode for MORE then 30 minutes, all the way to NEVER going to sleep. Also, the remote should reestablish the connection to the camera, while the camera is in sleep mode, currently this is not possible. Example, if I turn off the remote and then turn it on, while the camera sleeps, it will not connect.
1-25 12:14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jbrujah Posted at 1-25 12:14
YES !!!! please give us the option to have the camera remain in sleep mode for MORE then 30 minutes, all the way to NEVER going to sleep. Also, the remote should reestablish the connection to the camera, while the camera is in sleep mode, currently this is not possible. Example, if I turn off the remote and then turn it on, while the camera sleeps, it will not connect.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. This will be definitely cascaded to the concerned team for their further review and optimization of our products. We really appreciate the time and efforts you have invested in providing these suggestions and ideas to us. Please stay tuned for more updates through our official website. Thank you!
1-25 16:02
Use props
djiuser_EgT0MURbpuG9
New

United States

I'm returning my OA4 cameras because of this issue.

Features missing:

1. scheduled video capture
2. turning it on from stand by from phone
2-22 18:15
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Would also like to see this feature. GoPro uses BLE and I can wake my GoPro up after days via the app/or remote without issue.

For adventure riding and action stuff, I don't want the camera to be recording constantly. I was to press a button and have it recording. Sometimes the camera will be out of arms reach, for example when on a motorcycle, or mounted on (not in) a car etc..
3-18 06:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules