monitor LUT? and some grading questions.
614 4 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9cba87a2
lvl.2

Netherlands

Hello!
I prefer to use the d-cinelike color/gamma profile for the highest possible dynamic range. But like all my other "normal" recordings (non-drone, tripod/handheld stuff), i'd like to have a monitor lut on top of that for a normalized picture while still recording in log format. How do i select that?

Also, is there an official lut or IDT available for d-cinelike to transform it to intermediate profiles like ACES? Or rec709? Or better yet, can i select d-log instead of cinelike? many grading apps can deal with that natively. This would greatly improve the grading workflow. Why is are there 2 dji color profiles anyway?

2023-8-19
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.2

Netherlands

no options for this?
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean the monitor LUT for DJI FPV or other aircraft or anything else? Could you please expand on your request?
2023-8-23
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.2

Netherlands

Sure thing. I mean a monitor lut to convert d-cinelike to rec709 for the DJI FPV (goggles v2)

A monitor lut is typically used to have a more convenient image while recording, and still have the log format to work with in post production.
2023-8-23
Use props
Rickvdvulkaan
lvl.2

Netherlands

Well this has been a wonderful conversation
2023-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules