GIMBAL JUDDER ON OSMO 6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Videoscots625
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi everyone - I've not been able to use the Osmo 6 with DJI Mimo satisfactorily because  of a  gimbal judder. I use an iPhone12 pro Max.

I've tried two scenarios:
1: iPhone 12 mounted and balanced on Osmo 6; NOT USING DJI MIMO, so I don't have all the controls such as focus/zoom.  However the iPhone 12's own inbuilt gimbal does a great job in its own right, but of course, without the finesse of Mimo controls. Nice steady, vibration free shots, such as on a ship at sea.

2: iPhone 12 mounted and balanced on Osmo 6 USING DJI MIMO: Gimbal does not appear to function at all well, handheld is shaky, even when only slightly zoomed in.

Is there a tweak / workaround somewhere to let me get to use the Osmo 6 satisfactorily?

Thanks for your advices!

Mike M

2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please upload a short video showing the issue when you are using the DJI Mimo app? Also, please try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app to further isolate the problem. Furthermore, you may refer to the tutorial below on how to properly set up your Osmo mobile 6. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-8-20
Use props
NotroStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775420 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I'm having a similar problem. I managed to narrow it down to a zoom issue. I've noticed that the vibration comes up whenever I change the zoom level (To what ever x amount). If the wheel gets some sort of vibration or perturbation it affects the video result giving this vibration. In the video I share (hope you can see it) you can tell that when the gimbal gets a sudden gust of wind it generates a very unpleasent vibration. Video
1-2 06:13
Use props
NotroStudio
lvl.1
  • >>>
Chile

I've managed to "solve" this. Actually it's a workaround. The problem is in the zoom option enabled for the wheel controller. Disabling this option solves the judder problem. I hope that some firmware update solves this problem.
1-11 05:13
Use props
NotroStudio
lvl.1
  • >>>
Chile

After doing a lot of tests, i've reached the conclusion that the problem is in the Mimo App. When recording using the phone camera app, there are no problems.

I could reproduce the problem easily by recording on the 3x augmentation option inside the Mimo App. While recording the video shows smooth and steady, but right after recording, when checking the video it turns out to be extremely shaky.
2-27 11:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

NotroStudio Posted at 2-27 11:37
After doing a lot of tests, i've reached the conclusion that the problem is in the Mimo App. When recording using the phone camera app, there are no problems.

I could reproduce the problem easily by recording on the 3x augmentation option inside the Mimo App. While recording the video shows smooth and steady, but right after recording, when checking the video it turns out to be extremely shaky.

Hi, NotroStudio. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below:

⦿ Check whether the mobile phone system permissions have been enabled in the DJI Mimo app.

⦿ Reset the Bluetooth and try to reconnect to DJI Mimo.

⦿ Ensure that the app version for DJI Mimo and the gimbal firmware are up to date.

⦿ Please roll their foot gently from the heel to the ball of their foot when walking (Avoid shooting in windy environments as much as possible).

⦿ If a high resolution and frame rate are used for shooting, the mobile phone will automatically disable EIS, and the anti-shaking effect will decrease. Please lower the resolution and frame rate for shooting to see if the issue occurs again.

⦿ After recording videos with an Osmo Mobile Series product, go to the Playback interface in DJI Mimo and find a video with the vibration issue. Tap “” in the bottom right corner to download the video, then tap “Stabilization”. After that, export the video and the issue will be improved.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2-27 16:30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

NotroStudio Posted at 2-27 11:37

I could reproduce the problem easily by recording on the 3x augmentation option inside the Mimo App. While recording the video shows smooth and steady, but right after recording, when checking the video it turns out to be extremely shaky.

How is it going now?
3-10 01:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules