Go App - Altitude Angel disagree on risk area borders/details.
234 0 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kilrymont
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14275 ft
United Kingdom

Just as said, Leuchars aerodrome has definite airfield status despite no longer being RAF. That's not in question, BUT the borders as shown by DJI in their Go app for older machines shows different status of what can/can't be done when compared exactly with the map borders shown in the Altitude Angel app.
I refer to the areas outwith the actual airfield and the details reportedly allowable or otherwise.
"Go" gives advice that there's a 60m flight max altitude which given the distance from Leuchars seems understandable, but the AltAngel similar admits of no such 60m limit, seemingly not permitting flight there.

Alt Angel is "local" in U.K. terms, whereas DJI tries to be global. The latter seems more possibly wrong, but I wonder how many other instances exist where one app might say NO where the other says "YES" and fliers consulting only one might come off badly if the app they took guidance from turns out to be wrong.

SURELY - it should be easier than ever before for communication between bodies advising the public to GET THEIR ACTS ALIGNED so that it should not matter which app is consulted, one might feel confident in the information provided.  Because right now I feel confident in - neither because I've no idea which one might be wrong.

In cases like this there's no case for maybe. Information is correct or it's wrong - and we need to know exactly who to believe.
2023-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules