problems with 360 panorama merged in lightroom mini 3 pro
1370 12 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bkfc
lvl.2
United States

With my mini 2, I've been able to shoot a raw 360 panorama and in lightroom, use merge>panorama>spherical and get a result that aligned similar to the auto-stitchjed version provided by the DJI fly app.

With my mini 3 pro, using the same method as above, I get an unusable result. It almost looks like the orientation is confused? see examples below.

Is anyone else having similar issues with Mini 3 pro 360 panorama images merged using lightroom?

360 pano autostitched from DJI app

merged with DJI app

merged with DJI app

Same 360 pano stitched in lightroom (merge>panorama>spherical)
360-pano-lightroom stitch.jpg

2023-8-19
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Does Lightroom has option to correct manually the pitch & yaw of the image, if yes then you can do it manually,
else try stitching in PanoramaStudio Pro, trial version is available & works best on mini 3 pro DNG files.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our co-pilots here about the said 3rd party editing software. You may also want to edit your Panorama footage using different software to check it further. Should you have any inquiries or concerns about the product, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-19
Use props
bkfc
lvl.2
United States

Ranjan Posted at 8-19 19:32
Does Lightroom has option to correct manually the pitch & yaw of the image, if yes then you can do it manually,
else try stitching in PanoramaStudio Pro, trial version is available & works best on mini 3 pro DNG files.

Thanks for the response,

As far as I can tell, lightroom has no options to correct pitch and yaw on merge panorama.

I'm able to stitch it using hugin but the lightroom workflow is MUCH better (it works flawlessly for mini 2 360 panoramas)
2023-8-20
Use props
bkfc
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-19 21:41
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our co-pilots here about the said 3rd party editing software. You may also want to edit your Panorama footage using different software to check it further. Should you have any inquiries or concerns about the product, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thanks for the response,

I'm able to stitch the mini 3 panorama using Hugin but the Lightroom workflow is MUCH easier.

This is more of a Lightroom + Mini 3 pro question. Merge 360 panorama works with mini 2 360 panoramas but not mini 3 360 panoramas. Is anyone else who uses Lightroom seeing same?
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bkfc Posted at 8-20 16:48
Thanks for the response,

I'm able to stitch the mini 3 panorama using Hugin but the Lightroom workflow is MUCH easier.

You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any inquiries about the unit. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-8-24
Use props
Wonga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74285 ft
Switzerland

Thanks for the response,

Hi
Yes, I am using Lightroom and/or Photoshop. And I have the very same issue with my DJI Mini 3 with JPGs. With DNG my Lightroom quits.
Has this been solved by anyone yet?

I have latest firmware from Sept 2023 on my Mini 3.

Thanks
2023-9-23
Use props
Wonga
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks for the response,

Hi
Yes, I am using Lightroom and/or Photoshop. And I have the very same issue with my DJI Mini 3 with JPGs. With DNG my Lightroom quits.
Has this been solved by anyone yet?

I have latest firmware from Sept 2023 on my Mini 3.

Thanks
2023-9-23
Use props
Wonga
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks. Thats only for Windows. Will try PanoramStudio first
2023-9-23
Use props
Wonga
lvl.1
Switzerland

PanoramaStudio Pro worked fine with the DJI Mini 3 images. Great results in a few minutes.
Panovolo has been working on a result, but is still calculating after 2 hours. Thus not working for me.
2023-9-23
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Wonga Posted at 9-23 09:03
PanoramaStudio Pro worked fine with the DJI Mini 3 images. Great results in a few minutes.
Panovolo has been working on a result, but is still calculating after 2 hours. Thus not working for me.

Good to know, PanoramaStudio Pro works well for drone panoramas.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_FJPyq3XE9QFa
lvl.1

Netherlands

bkfc Posted at 2023-8-20 16:48
Thanks for the response,

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem! Had no issues with the mini2 360 pano's. But the mini3 360's either won't merge, or merge wrong like your example
2-20 03:08
Use props
bkfc
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_FJPyq3XE9QFa Posted at 2-20 03:08
Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem! Had no issues with the mini2 360 pano's. But the mini3 360's either won't merge, or merge wrong like your example

Thanks for the response. At least I now know it's not just an issue on my computer.

Hugin works but it's a lot more cumbersome than Lightroom. I'm guessing it has something to do with the metadata that the mini 3 adds but I still haven't figured out the solution to getting it to work with Lightroom.
2-20 10:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules