1142 10 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just took some photo's with my Air 3.  None of the Panorama's stitched correctly.  360 didn't.  Wide angle didn't.  I have the latest firmware and am using the RC 2 controller with the latest update.
Anyone else having this problem?
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please try the following solutions and check if the issue persists.  

1. Please avoid shooting when the wind is strong. While taking a panoramic shot, keep the aircraft still. Please try shooting in an environment without wind and then check if the stitching is still abnormal.
2. Try shooting in an environment without wind after gimbal calibration and IMU calibration.
3. Please format the microSD card or use another mobile phone for shooting. Before formatting the microSD card, please back up the data.
4. Refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software and try shooting again.

Please let us know if the issue still persists. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-19
Use props
fans20b63dac
lvl.3

Canada

One thing I find helps is doing a gimbal calibration, which should be under Control>Gimbal under the 3 dots menu at the top left on camera view
The auto calibration worked well for me
Hope this helps
2023-8-23
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Yes, we have seen it too....in a very calm environment, without any wind, without water (terrain only), from 30 panorama, around 7 were stitched with HIGH errors....needed to stitch it in PTGUI, seems that the drone is moving fast for pictures and some of them appears blurred in areas. This makes stitching a lot harder.
Probably DJI need to add a refinement in making the picture when drone ended the movement.
2023-8-24
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So, I did all the suggestions, and upgraded to the latest firmware, refreshed the update.  Formatted my SD Card. Used a different SD card.  IMU and gimbal calibrated. And still not getting the correct stitching.
2023-9-1
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

panovolo Posted at 8-25 04:08
Can't comment about quality of in-drone stitching, but suspect the algorithm is much simplified as "proper"  stitching is a very computationally intense task. If you use Windows you can try Panovolo, the beta version is now available for download.

I tried PanoVolo and have to say it is GREAT!
Thank yoU!
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_Mm7F6bX7DTXY
lvl.1

Albania

Hi, it's my second DJI Air 3 drone and both suffer the same issue. Photos in panorama mode are not aligned. I'm using the latest update and photos are saved in the drone internal memory.
1-24 08:33
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I noticed this on some 360 Spheres. I’m not going to waste all the time stitching them myself. The DJI software usually does a great job quickly so hopefully then can fix this soon as I believe it is a software processing issue. My MA2 has worked great for several years so I’m sure this can be remedied on the Air 3.
1-24 09:31
Use props
djiuser_Mm7F6bX7DTXY
lvl.1

Albania

Can anyone explain the pink/purple color on every shot and still with very average wind the panorama stitching is a disaster?
Air 3 no nd filters, auto mode.
1-30 01:20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_Mm7F6bX7DTXY Posted at 1-30 01:20
[view_image]
Can anyone explain the pink/purple color on every shot and still with very average wind the panorama stitching is a disaster?
Air 3 no nd filters, auto mode.

Large areas of water or blue sky can be difficult for any stitching software.
It cannot identify distinct points to match between adjacent images.
The in-drone stitching software is very basic and commonly shows problems with water horizons.
2-3 03:59
Use props
GOREPOT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13478 ft
Spain

same problem
2-25 12:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules