2421 12 2023-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac3fd2ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18222 ft
Italy

Hi,

I'm experiencing audio drift between recordings done with the DJI Mic and the GoPro Hero 10.

I use the backup recording functionality in the DJI Mic to record an audio track, while recording a video with the GoPro Hero 10. Video is recorded at 4K, 25 fps. I then import both recordings in Final Cut Pro.

When recordings are 3 minutes or longer, drift becomes pretty noticible.

Is there any solution to this issue?
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you be able to transfer the audio files for us?
2023-8-23
Use props
fansac3fd2ab
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-23 04:13
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you be able to transfer the audio files for us?

Where can I upload a pair of example files? One video, one audio, almost 2 GB total.
In the meanwhile, I attach a couple of screenshots from Final Cut Pro showing the timeline with those example files. I need to de-syncronize the beginning:

DJI_audio_drift-01.png

if I want to have audio synced after about 2 minutes:

DJI_audio_drift-02.png
2023-8-23
Use props
fans2fd94c46
lvl.1
United States

Happening to me too. DJI Mic 2 system. All recordings are drifted out of sync over time.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansac3fd2ab Posted at 8-23 07:56
Where can I upload a pair of example files? One video, one audio, almost 2 GB total.
In the meanwhile, I attach a couple of screenshots from Final Cut Pro showing the timeline with those example files. I need to de-syncronize the beginning:

Thanks for your reply. May we know which one is the out-of-sync audio?  
How did you record the audio?
Record it with TX alone or attach RX with your device and record it?
You can upload it to a cloud drive and share the link with us.
2023-8-24
Use props
fansac3fd2ab
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-24 02:14
Thanks for your reply. May we know which one is the out-of-sync audio?  
How did you record the audio?
Record it with TX alone or attach RX with your device and record it?

It's all explained in my original post, but I reiterate.

I record video+audio with a GoPro Hero 10, 4K@25fps.
I record audio with DIJ Mini 2, I only use the TX with its backup functionality.

The two audio tracks (from GoPro and DJI Mic) are out of sync.

Since many people are reporting out-of-sync audio between DJI Mic and a variety of devices, I suspect the DJI Mic audio is the culprit, but I can't be sure.

I'll update you as soon as I upload the files somewhere.
2023-8-24
Use props
fansac3fd2ab
lvl.1
Italy

Here's a link to a ZIP archive that includes both the MP4 video and audio file from the GoPro, as well as the audio file from the DJI Mic. A prior post of mine provides a preview of these files by displaying them on a timeline.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t ... ze5zamw9oj&dl=0
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansac3fd2ab Posted at 8-24 07:59
It's all explained in my original post, but I reiterate.

I record video+audio with a GoPro Hero 10, 4K@25fps.

For the first combination, did you connect the DJI Mic receiver to other recording devices (such as mobile phone or camera)? Will it happen on other devices also?
For the second combination, Please follow the steps below:
1. Check whether the DJI Mic’s firmware is the latest version. Please tell us your firmware version.
2. Check whether the transmitter has been connected to an external microphone.
* If so, disconnect the external microphone for independent testing and determine the component which is malfunctioning .
3. After formatting the transmitter’s internal storage using the receiver, conduct an independent recording test.
* Before formatting, please back up the audio file in the transmitter’s internal storage.
4. Check whether the same issue occurs on both TX.
2023-8-25
Use props
dgarage
New

United States

This seems to be an issue DJI is incapable of solving, which tells me it's likely a hardware issue. Been reported for a year or so now. The issue is 100% with the internal recording on the transmitter. It works for a while after formatting, but starts to have skips in the recording. The skips causes the internal recording to drift out of sync. This happens on both transmitters and on the latest firmware. This may be as simple as a storage performance issue, it seems to work fine after a fresh format for a little bit before degrading again. Ultimately the DJI Mic system is a great idea and could be a replacement for much more expensive systems, but it is not a reliable system for any work where you can't re-shoot (i.e. events).

This is the same issue with a ton of people reporting it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D914%26typeid%3D914

2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_IA5ZH7LGvzoW
New

Switzerland

dgarage Posted at 2023-11-9 09:20
This seems to be an issue DJI is incapable of solving, which tells me it's likely a hardware issue. Been reported for a year or so now. The issue is 100% with the internal recording on the transmitter. It works for a while after formatting, but starts to have skips in the recording. The skips causes the internal recording to drift out of sync. This happens on both transmitters and on the latest firmware. This may be as simple as a storage performance issue, it seems to work fine after a fresh format for a little bit before degrading again. Ultimately the DJI Mic system is a great idea and could be a replacement for much more expensive systems, but it is not a reliable system for any work where you can't re-shoot (i.e. events).

This is the same issue with a ton of people reporting it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D914%26typeid%3D914

I experienced the same issues.
The occassional glitch in the recording suggesting onboard memory is not reliable.
And a general drift - I am not sure if this is technically something that is solvable though as in pro audio and video a lot of money is spent on syncing clocks
1-20 08:21
Use props
djiuser_dacair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91368 ft
Romania

Can anyone confirm that the latest firmware (v02.00.72.87) solve the skipping on Tx internal recordings?
2-14 02:26
Use props
Nico Cee
New

United States

I too am experiencing this with every wedding I shoot. It randomly happens during speeches or the ceremony causing me to cut the audio and re align it, which then results in a couple missing seconds of audio.. I use the mics on their own with the transmitter not plugged into the camera and this happens. I can't be sure if this happens when my transmitter is plugged in. Is there a fix for this? I see everyone has tried everything but maybe DJI can FINALLY RESPOND AND HELP US OUT. If they don't have a fix I will be buying a new product from someone else completely.
4-4 18:44
Use props
Magic O
New

Germany

I have the Same problem with only one DJI mic, it happened several times : Video ( Sony) and sound are out of sync.
It’s not happening all of the time and only with one of the microphones!?
4-6 01:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules