HDMI out from DJI RC?
14503 18 2023-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sivaci2754
lvl.1

India

This may be a question asked frequently, but from what I have seen from web searches, there was no definitive answers to this question, and the specifications from the DJI website did not help. I want to purchase a drone, preferably Air 3 or a Mavic 3 classic. They come with DJI RC / RC 2 and N1. Is there any way to get HDMI out from these RCs? Dont have any friends who owns these drones. Thanks
2023-8-20
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-21 04:03
None of the controllers you list support HDMI out.  You would need to purchase the RC Pro if you require HDMI out.

However, if you decide to purchase the Air 3 instead of the Mavic 3 Classic, the RC Pro is not compatible with the Air 3
2023-8-21
Use props
DIY_Quad
lvl.4
United States

Yup, no easy way to get HDMI out from DJI controllers that I had to do this;
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=233756
2023-8-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, sivaci2754. Thank you for reaching out. RC-N1, DJI RC, and RC-N2 do not support HDMI output. DJI RC 2 does support HDMI output. However, the output function has not been compatibility tested, so there may be issues like unstable transmission or lag during use. It is recommended to test it before live streaming to ensure stable transmission before using this feature. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-30
Use props
fans9a3ea4a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116827 ft
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-30 07:41
Hi, sivaci2754. Thank you for reaching out. RC-N1, DJI RC, and RC-N2 do not support HDMI output. DJI RC 2 does support HDMI output. However, the output function has not been compatibility tested, so there may be issues like unstable transmission or lag during use. It is recommended to test it before live streaming to ensure stable transmission before using this feature. Thank you for your understanding.

I tested with 3 different types of USB-C to HDMI converters and it only worked with one. With this one the video quality was good, no too laggy, but when I disconnect the HDMI cable the RC-2 gets stuck and restarts, so the connection with the drone is gone. I'd say it's an issue with the driver in the RC-2.... But in any case, I think it's too risky to use it at the moment. I hope DJI fix it somehow, it's not good that an external device is able to restart the controller.
2023-10-16
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

You can connect DJI RC to HDMI with a special type of USB adapter, but it requires driver installation on the RC.
2023-10-29
Use props
Glass Man
New

United States

I can confirm this works with the RC that came with my new DJI Air 3, it's the RC with the built-in screen.   I used my Apple USB-C to HDMI device that I usually use with my iPad to play iPad videos on my TV.  But instead, I plugged that Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter into the slot on the bottom of the DJI RC.   I plugged an HDMI cable into that Apple adapter, and connected the other end of the HDMI cable to a GUERMOK HD Audio/Video Capture device.  This capture device has a female HDMI socket on one side, and a USB-C plug on the other end.   I plugged that capture device into an iPad Pro.   On the iPad I installed a free app called Orion that is intended to make your iPad into a computer monitor. It worked great with minimal lag between the controller and the iPad.  The purpose of this setup was to allow a second person to monitor the video while I was flying the drone.
Don't be fooled by the apparent black color of the RC (in the picture in the next post). It's not the RC Pro - it's just the normal gray RC that comes with the Air 3, wrapped in a protective rubber sleeve, along with an attached cover/glare shield.

2023-11-14
Use props
Glass Man
New

United States

2023-11-14
Use props
Helivideo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11222717 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

Tuxtard Posted at 10-29 00:22
You can connect DJI RC to HDMI with a special type of USB adapter, but it requires driver installation on the RC.

Thanks.
Can you give more details about this?
2023-11-21
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Helivideo Posted at 11-21 15:01
Thanks.

Sure, I'll make a video to explain it better.
2023-11-22
Use props
aaWWaa
New

United Kingdom

Anyone tried USB to USB portable monitor?

2023-11-26
Use props
djiuser_MeAXfUonseBk
New

India

send some detail about that
2023-12-13
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Helivideo Posted at 11-21 15:01
Thanks.

I created a new topic with the explanation video.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=303348
2023-12-14
Use props
Visualeyes
lvl.1

Australia

Is there any way to turn off the OSD on the HDMI output from RC2?
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Visualeyes Posted at 12-19 15:57
Is there any way to turn off the OSD on the HDMI output from RC2?

Hi, Visualeyes, The DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI pure camera image output. However, we will forward your feedback as a suggestion to the related department. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-19
Use props
mini3djirc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3793 ft

Italy

how did you put in full screen that rc?
1-1 11:20
Use props
Dingaling
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15807 ft

United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 2023-10-29 00:22
You can connect DJI RC to HDMI with a special type of USB adapter, but it requires driver installation on the RC.

Driver installation on the RC?  Did you find a driver and manage to install it?
1-6 09:28
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Dingaling Posted at 1-6 09:28
Driver installation on the RC?  Did you find a driver and manage to install it?

Yes, more info here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=303348
1-9 03:19
Use props
djiuser_bAzMsmqQioF0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1895525 ft

United States

Hi Friends,  This appears to be a viable solution for getting Clean video from the DJI RC-N1 or DJI RC-N2 controllers.   I've ordered one and will report back with details once I have tested it.   

What is it?  Its a rasberry pi controller that takes the signal from your RC-N1 or RC-N2 via USB-C and outputs to HDMI.  CLEAN HDMI, without sound

Cosmostreamer.   
Comes in two flavors:
- DIY, plans and a license to use it - $150
- Ready to use: $300

Features
For drones which are works with DJI Fly application
Only DJI RC-N1 or DJI RC-N2 controllers are supported! Not working with DJI RC, RC2 or DJI RC Pro.
Tested with drones: DJI Mini2, DJI Mini3, DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI Air, DJI Air 2, DJI Air 2S, DJI Air 3
Video receiving from DJI Fly drones (video only, no audio!) and output on HDMI

The demo videos are no very high in production quality, but I've seen enough to give it a try.  
youtube -

Website: [url]https://cosmostreamer.com/products/djiflydrones/[/url]

1-24 16:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules