2062 28 2023-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeeH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72300 ft
Malaysia

Questions about the DJI Malaysia Warranty:

1. Does the 1-year warranty provided by local authorised resellers in Malaysia cover flyaways?

2. Is the Care Refresh extended warranty option available in Malaysia?
2023-8-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. To address your query, you may need to contact the local authorized resellers for further assistance if they cover flyaways. At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers in the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Online Store. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Thank you.
2023-8-21
Use props
JeeH
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Diana Posted at 8-21 13:24
Hi, there. Thank you for bringing this up. To address your query, you may need to contact the local authorized resellers for further assistance if they cover flyaways. At the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers in the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and Mainland China. You can check whether DJI Care Refresh is available in your country on the DJI Online Store. To ensure that you can enjoy the services normally, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Thank you.

Dear Diana,

Tried to contact one of the official distributors in Malaysia which are also the service center, but up until today yet to get any feedback from them. Possible for DJI to provide this information regarding what cover under the warranty for the Malaysia market? Or any other country that does not have care refresh as well, what does the normal warranty actually cover?
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JeeH Posted at 9-16 07:37
Dear Diana,

Tried to contact one of the official distributors in Malaysia which are also the service center, but up until today yet to get any feedback from them. Possible for DJI to provide this information regarding what cover under the warranty for the Malaysia market? Or any other country that does not have care refresh as well, what does the normal warranty actually cover?

Hi. Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us with information on the official distributor you have contacted? I'll check with our relevant team if we have further details regarding your inquiry. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-16
Use props
JeeH
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Diana Posted at 9-16 15:50
Hi. Thank you for your response. Could you please provide us with information on the official distributor you have contacted? I'll check with our relevant team if we have further details regarding your inquiry. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Diana,

The following is the DJI Facebook profile I enquire about the warranty https://www.facebook.com/DJIMYOfficial?mibextid=ZbWKwL .
2023-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JeeH Posted at 9-16 18:00
Hi Diana,

The following is the DJI Facebook profile I enquire about the warranty https://www.facebook.com/DJIMYOfficial?mibextid=ZbWKwL .

Hi JeeH, thank you for your reply. May I double confirm if your drone flew away and can not be recovered?
If this is the case, kindly report this to our support via email for further assistance.
You can contact us at http://www.dji.com/support through the email option.
2023-9-17
Use props
JeeH
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-17 01:33
Hi JeeH, thank you for your reply. May I double confirm if your drone flew away and can not be recovered?
If this is the case, kindly report this to our support via email for further assistance.

Hi Susan,

I'm just curious about the warranty coverage in the Malaysian market, that's all. I also really wish that DJI could extend the availability of the new Care Refresh 2.0 into the Malaysian market as well.
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JeeH Posted at 9-17 03:49
Hi Susan,

I'm just curious about the warranty coverage in the Malaysian market, that's all. I also really wish that DJI could extend the availability of the new Care Refresh 2.0 into the Malaysian market as well.

I see. Please rest assured, if you purchased the drone from the authorization channel in Malaysia, you enjoy the standard warranty service. If the drone flies away unfortunately, you can contact us for assistance directly, if the drone is within the warranty period, we will provide with data analysis and a free replacement will be offered if it is confirmed the issue is not the pilot.
For repair service, you can contact the local authorized repair center directly.
Regarding your feedback about the DJI Care Refresh, we will also take note of it, we hope the DJI Care Refresh will be expanded for more countries/areas as well.
2023-9-17
Use props
JeeH
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-17 01:33
Wrong thread.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I am sorry, I may not understand your answer clearly, is there anything further I could help you with? Or please let me know if I misunderstood your inquiry, thank you.
2023-9-18
Use props
JeeH
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 9-18 17:35
I am sorry, I may not understand your answer clearly, is there anything further I could help you with? Or please let me know if I misunderstood your inquiry, thank you.

Hi Susan,
I want to direct a question for my other post but mistakenly posted it here and am unable to delete it. I can only amend the message, which is why I amend and state as wrong thread. I apologize for the confusion.
2023-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JeeH Posted at 9-18 18:49
Hi Susan,
I want to direct a question for my other post but mistakenly posted it here and am unable to delete it. I can only amend the message, which is why I amend and state as wrong thread. I apologize for the confusion.

I see, thank you for your clarification, If you need me for the new question, you can send me the link, I can go check it.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_ydMft93zFwdt
New
Flight distance : 43159 ft
Malaysia

Hi. Will the warranty cover the damage caused by discennection mid-air and then lost control . The gimbal seems to vibrate and recording becomes shaky. Tq
2-13 19:30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_ydMft93zFwdt Posted at 2-13 19:30
Hi. Will the warranty cover the damage caused by discennection mid-air and then lost control . The gimbal seems to vibrate and recording becomes shaky. Tq

Hi there, if the issue is caused by a manufacturing defect rather than personal damage, the device would be covered under warranty. Thanks.
2-13 23:39
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi, I had a big issue with my new DJI mini 4 pro. (I'm european and bought it in Malaysia for my vacation.)

The signal got cut of while flying over the mangrove and it dived. I retrived the drone corpse at low tide, and contacted the support cause I couldn't find the warranty on the website while it clearly malfunctionned. After filling a repair form they told me to send it to Hungary.  But, just learned that European warranty is global while other country warranty are limited to the country in which you bought the product. So, the shipment will be on me and I fear the warranty won't work if not repaired in Malysia.

The sellers told me their was a repair center in Kuala Lumpur. Is that true ?
It will be easier for me to bring the drone directly to them so they can performs all the test to make sure it malfunctioned and get me free repair or a new one.

So, the question is, can I send it to Kuala Lumpur for repair and will the warranty work if I send it to Hungary ?

Thank you !

For those who are interrested on what happened :

I wanted to film a sunset, did a first flight to check the aera and the signal. Everything was allright.
Then I proceded to change the battery and wanted to reposition the drone on the same spot.
As I commanded it to descend over the mangrove, the signal suddenly cut out and the drone continued to go down as I was desperately commanding it to go up.
It was in normal mode but proximity sensor couldn't avoid the dive.

As explained, I checked the signal on the same spot before sunset and it was perfect.
On the last 10s, we don't see the moment of the dive (Does that prove the signal cut of?)
2-14 19:17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 2-14 19:17
Hi, I had a big issue with my new DJI mini 4 pro. (I'm european and bought it in Malaysia for my vacation.)

The signal got cut of while flying over the mangrove and it dived. I retrived the drone corpse at low tide, and contacted the support cause I couldn't find the warranty on the website while it clearly malfunctionned. After filling a repair form they told me to send it to Hungary.  But, just learned that European warranty is global while other country warranty are limited to the country in which you bought the product. So, the shipment will be on me and I fear the warranty won't work if not repaired in Malysia.

Hi there, I feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. It is not our intention in any way to add more frustrations to our customers. Regardless of whether you purchased the drone in Europe or Malaysia, DJI does not provide global warranty, you can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where you purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, you can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. Thus the drone you purchased in Malaysia cannot apply for warranty service in Hungary/Europe and only supports paid maintenance. Per checking, DJI currently does not have an official maintenance center in Malaysia, but there are AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERs. If you would like to process warranty service, you can also follow this link for further confirmation: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. Thank you.
2-14 22:55
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-14 22:55
Hi there, I feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. It is not our intention in any way to add more frustrations to our customers. Regardless of whether you purchased the drone in Europe or Malaysia, DJI does not provide global warranty, you can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where you purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, you can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge. Thus the drone you purchased in Malaysia cannot apply for warranty service in Hungary/Europe and only supports paid maintenance. Per checking, DJI currently does not have an official maintenance center in Malaysia, but there are AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERs. If you would like to process warranty service, you can also follow this link for further confirmation: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers. Thank you.

Hi, thank you so much for your fast reply !

I'm effectively fairly frustrated, let's say salty in reference of sea water ahah

As far as I understand, I have to find an "Authorized service center" here in Malaysia and my problem might be partialy solved ?

Partialy, cause I will have to cancel the repair request after (I'm not sending this little guy to Hungary to pay for repair/replacement)

Tried the link but doesn't work : "404 page not found".
Currently in Melaka, can also go to KL on saturday if there is an Authorized service center there.

I think the drone is beyond repair :
The drone dived inside a mangrove with cobra, python and varan... Had to plan meticulously to retrieve it safely (safety first). So it was under sea water for at least 4 hours, all electrical component are corroded, even the gold coating on micro SD connector were eaten. Sea water also got inside main and auxiliary sensor, bobine are also a little corroded... Battery is doomed, will never try to charge it again. Also, the camera glass was polished. Only the plastics parts can be saved. For electrical reason it might be dangerous to connect a battery or even to fly it. So, I didn't even try.

Bought on the 27/01, malfuctionned and died on the 09/02, just before CNY, couldn't even film firework over cities. I expected the drone to have a durability of 3 to 5 years. As a reference, I used the same phone charger for more than 7 years. 7 years of carrying around and everyday use.
2-14 23:44
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 2-14 23:44
Hi, thank you so much for your fast reply !

I'm effectively fairly frustrated, let's say salty in reference of sea water ahah

I completely understand how frustrated you are. If you send your drone to an ASC in Malaysia, which is consistent with the place of purchase of your drone, you can apply for warranty services. Is it convenient for you to test this link again to see if it can be opened normally and query the locations of different ASCs: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers.
Please know that water-damaged products usually will not be repaired but instead, we will recommend replacing the drone under the repair case, therefore, the quotation may be the replacement fee for the drone. However, the exact assessment and cost will need to be evaluated when the local team receives the drone. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is under warranty. I hope this information helps.
2-15 00:36
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-15 00:36
I completely understand how frustrated you are. If you send your drone to an ASC in Malaysia, which is consistent with the place of purchase of your drone, you can apply for warranty services. Is it convenient for you to test this link again to see if it can be opened normally and query the locations of different ASCs: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers.
Please know that water-damaged products usually will not be repaired but instead, we will recommend replacing the drone under the repair case, therefore, the quotation may be the replacement fee for the drone. However, the exact assessment and cost will need to be evaluated when the local team receives the drone. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is under warranty. I hope this information helps.

As weird as it is, the link still didn't work but when searching myself I found the exact same adress and it worked.

So I found 3 Authorized Service Centers in Kuala Lumpur.

Will contact them directly and see If I have to sent the drone or can bring it.

Hope the incident will be fully coverd by warranty.

Thank you

For those who need, here is the actual list of ASC in KL (16/02/2024):

GKS UAV (Paradigm Mall)
Lot 42 Level 1F, Paradigm Mall, SS 7, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
10am to 10PM,Monday to Sunday
018-3153733
gksuavservices@hotmail.com
Support Product

GKS UAV (West Malaysia)
# 3.43 @ Block C, 10 Boulevard, PJU 6A, Lebuhraya Sprint, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
11am to 6.30pm ,Monday to Saturday
011-28881511
gksuavservices@hotmail.com
Support Product

Visioncraft Industries Sdn Bhd (Aonic/ Poladrone)
L1-Futurise Center, Persiaran Apec, Cyber 8, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor
10 am- 6pm
support@aonic.com
Support Product
2-15 17:29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 2-15 17:29
As weird as it is, the link still didn't work but when searching myself I found the exact same adress and it worked.

So I found 3 Authorized Service Centers in Kuala Lumpur.

The users need to select the country first to check the corresponding authorized repair center.
Thank you for your understanding on this matter. Kindly note that if you will send the drone from Europe/Spain to Asia/Malaysia, you will need to shoulder the shipment and clearance fee both ways.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance during the service, we will try our best to help.
2-15 20:29
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-15 20:29
The users need to select the country first to check the corresponding authorized repair center.
Thank you for your understanding on this matter. Kindly note that if you will send the drone from Europe/Spain to Asia/Malaysia, you will need to shoulder the shipment and clearance fee both ways.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance during the service, we will try our best to help.

It's been 20 days since I contacted DJI support, still nothing resolved:

1) The sales people wouldn't give me any help and brushed me off.

2) DJI tried to get me to send the malfunction to Hungary when it said I'd bought it in Malaysia, this was clearly to avoid the warranty and get me to pay for the repair. After explaining for a week that I wouldn't send anything outside Malaysia for repair, I finally got some information about Authoriezd Service Center on this forum.

3) I contacted the ASC, while in the meantime, "coincidentally", DJI support gave me the address of the same ASC and started asking me for files to prove the drone malfunctioned.

On Monday 19 February, I've sent the requested files : Sync files on RC, Flight record, last Log).
Got a response on the 25 February, while they said it would take 1 to 3 business daysso should have been between the 20 and the 22.

The response : "The DJI relevant feedback can not judge the responsibility with the current data you provided."

So DJI take 6 days for nothing. At this point it's clear they just want to wait for me to go back to France so the warranty can't apply.

And in the same email, they ask to send them more files... I sent them. No response.

So, to be clear, user experience is a big 0 out of 10. Your product malfunctioned, the signal cut itself off and then it dived. Went from maximum signal to zero signal. Obstacle detection didn't work either.

And, overall, DJI try to scam me.

It malfunctioned within 15 days of my purchase, I want a replacement for this defective product.
2-29 23:13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 2-29 23:13
It's been 20 days since I contacted DJI support, still nothing resolved:

1) The sales people wouldn't give me any help and brushed me off.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the experience you came across. Could you please provide us with the case number or any relevant details regarding the issue? This will help us to investigate the matter further and assist you accordingly. We look forward to hearing back from you.
3-1 00:11
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Thor Posted at 3-1 00:11
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about the experience you came across. Could you please provide us with the case number or any relevant details regarding the issue? This will help us to investigate the matter further and assist you accordingly. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi, the case number is: CAS-15636879-K6Z1X9

As for the details concerning the diving, it's all in this topic on this forum
3-2 22:02
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 3-2 22:02

As for the details concerning the diving, it's all in this topic on this forum

Thanks for the information provided. We are deeply sorry for the delay. We will forward this issue to the corresponding team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your patience in advance.
3-2 23:45
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 3-2 22:02

As for the details concerning the diving, it's all in this topic on this forum

Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team that the log you provided didn't include the DAT file of the day of the accident on February 9, could you please export the FLY024 data and send via email for our team to analyze?
3-3 22:12
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 22:12
Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team that the log you provided didn't include the DAT file of the day of the accident on February 9, could you please export the FLY024 data and send via email for our team to analyze?

It took DJI from the 19/02 till 04/03 to open the files and look at the date ?

(I checked. Date are effectivelly wrong, but there is still 11 flights. Only the date are wrong. If remote controller can't even update date and hours while being connected on the web and having set country, the issue might be more serious than I thought.)

So, I sent all the files present in "MCDatFlightRecords". If DJI needed the whole "FlightRecord" files, they should have asked for it and not specifically for "MCDatFlightRecords".

Well, it's enough proof that DJI didn't even open the files I provided on the 19/02 BUT still stated that : "The DJI relevant feedback can not judge the responsibility with the current data you provided." And asked other files.
3-4 03:56
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 3-4 03:56
It took DJI from the 19/02 till 04/03 to open the files and look at the date ?

(I checked. Date are effectivelly wrong, but there is still 11 flights. Only the date are wrong. If remote controller can't even update date and hours while being connected on the web and having set country, the issue might be more serious than I thought.)

We are deeply sorry for the delay. We will forward your feedback to our team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your patience in advance.
3-5 19:28
Use props
djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT
lvl.1

Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-5 19:28
We are deeply sorry for the delay. We will forward your feedback to our team and ask them to reply to your email asap. Thanks for your patience in advance.

Is that the  average customer service from DJI when a product malfunction ?
Putting the fault on the customer cause you ask for the wrong files ?

It isn't my fault if your product didn't record enough data to proce the malfunction.

So by default it's the customer fault?
No can do, got to a mangrova to retrive the drone cause of YOUR warranty policies, kindly asked for 3 weeks, running in circles with your bad customers service.

Then they try to avoid acountability by claiming as they cannot prove it's your fault, it's mine. You are crazy. At least lacking common sense.

Ask for the right data, provide a mean for me to send them or if you can't ask directly to bring the drone to an Authorzed Service Center. I was about to get the drone to one asap after the first exchange on this forum but then DJI support started to propose to do it online. Don't propose something you cannot do to customers.

Just to be as clear as possible, your drone dived itself, it will therefor repair itself free of any charge.

Here is the last mail I received a few minutes ago:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your patiently waiting!

Because the flight data files you provided can not be analyzed for the drone crash reason, the specific reasons are the aircraft data can not be exported, and the DJI Fly app data missing. We are sorry to tell you that your DJI Mini 4 Pro aircraft crash is the customer's responsibility. We can not provide a warranty service, it is a paid repair.

It is advised to contact the DJI Malaysia repair center to repair your drone, they will surely help you:

The local service center information in Malaysia:
Address:3.43 @ Block C, 10 Boulevard, PJU 6A, Lebuhraya Sprint, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Contact Person:GKS Service
Phone Number:+60 11-2888 1511
Email:gksuavservices@hotmail.com
Working Time: Mon-Sat 11am - 7pm

We will also send an email to the DJI Malaysia repair center to handle your case as a priority.

If you need any assistance during the repair, please feel free to tell us. We are always here to support you.

Thanks for choosing DJI products and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Carina
DJI Technical Support
Online Service: Click Here  (Mon-Sun 00:00-24:00)
3-7 03:25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8R4XtW0GSTwT Posted at 3-7 03:25
Is that the  average customer service from DJI when a product malfunction ?
Putting the fault on the customer cause you ask for the wrong files ?

Hi there, we notice that your case has been escalated and our team will contact you soon. Hope you can wait for the email update patiently.
3-8 02:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules