Do 5ghz wifi routers cause problems with the phantom?
1154 3 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

Do 5ghz wifi routers cause problems with the phantom?  I was woundering because I was looking for a new router and noticed a lot of them now are using 2.4ghz and 5ghz. My 2.4ghz router doesnt cause any problems. Thanks.

2015-8-31
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

They don't normally give you any issues as you connect to a router via its SID and telling your wifi unit to connect.  Once in a while someone may run into a problem if their phone has in the set up to connect to the strongest signal with internet. That is a feature that can be disabled on most phones. That have that feature..
2015-9-1
Use props
sunny1994
lvl.2

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-9-1 05:38
They don't normally give you any issues as you connect to a router via its SID and telling your wifi ...

I was wondering if the 5ghz routers could interfere with the remote? What do you think?
2015-9-1
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Any WIFI on the same frequency can cause issues, this is why p2 owners who fit a gopro are told to turn off the wifi on the gopro as its on the same frequency as the transmitter, how much interference depends on the signal strength and channel number.

That said, if your out flying in a field or away from houses then the risk of interference is zero, as most routers have a range of about 50ft or so.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules