1222 13 2023-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ashley Ogilvie
lvl.2

South Africa

Hi All,

My Drone crashed and here is the explanation recieved from DJI

This accident is caused by user error. Below is the analysis result for your reference: The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode. T=02:36, h=-11.1m, d=99.6m, battery 81%, the pilot pushed up the pitch stick, pulled down the throttle stick. T=02:37, h=-12.4m, d=87.2m, battery 81%, the aircraft crashed when flying to the down front. Incident -32.6975037, 25.7517713 Ambient light too low. Vision system and obstacle sensing unavailable. Fly with caution.

Can anyone help me understand this explanation better?

My RC disconnected from my drone and I thought my drone flew away, I found it a few days later.

Thanks
2023-8-23
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, better to post flightlog.

If you do not know how to retreive your flightlog goto this link for instructions

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Then share the link to the uploaded log here on the Forum.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if you have any objection to the data analysis results? Or is there something you don't understand? Can you provide us with your case number or the serial number of the drone to check it?
2023-8-23
Use props
Ashley Ogilvie
lvl.2

South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-23 07:19
Hi there, may I ask if you have any objection to the data analysis results? Or is there something you don't understand? Can you provide us with your case number or the serial number of the drone to check it?

Yes I object. I not agree with or fully understand the response, If my drone disconnected from the RC and I lost the control of it, why would the report state that I caused it to crash? I do not believe I caused the drone crash.

Secondly, there was enough light so I do not understand why it says there was not enough ambient light.

Is the report saying the drone crashed because there was not enough light or user error. It is not a clear or proper explanation.

Serial Number:3YTBK9D003067X

If you can please assist?
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ashley Ogilvie Posted at 8-23 22:25
Yes I object. I not agree with or fully understand the response, If my drone disconnected from the RC and I lost the control of it, why would the report state that I caused it to crash? I do not believe I caused the drone crash.

Secondly, there was enough light so I do not understand why it says there was not enough ambient light.

Upon checking, the case is created by your dealer. We recommend you contact the dealer for further explanation and assistance. If they refuse to help, you can contact us and provide the corresponding screenshots.
2023-8-23
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ashley Ogilvie Posted at 8-23 22:25

hi,

Just share your flightlog to get more info about what happend to your drone.
With more details you can argue with the dealer.

cheers
JJB
2023-8-23
Use props
Ashley Ogilvie
lvl.2

South Africa

Pleomax Posted at 8-23 06:53
Hi, better to post flightlog.

If you do not know how to retreive your flightlog goto this link for instructions

I only have a .DAT file which is 3.3GB and cannot open it or extract it in order to get the correct Flight log for the crash incident. I have the file on a google drive link if that helps?

I've tried opening it with different apps or converting it but I am not winning.
2023-8-24
Use props
Ashley Ogilvie
lvl.2

South Africa

JJB* Posted at 8-23 23:32
hi,

Just share your flightlog to get more info about what happend to your drone.

I only have a .DAT file which is 3.3GB and cannot open it or extract it in order to get the correct Flight log for the crash incident. I have the file on a google drive link if that helps?

I've tried opening it with different apps or converting it but I am not winning.
2023-8-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ashley Ogilvie Posted at 8-24 00:38

Hi,

Flightlog.txt are om your mobile device or on the RC.

If you can replay the video in the fly app than there is a flightlog.txt.
how to find a flightlog, see link in post #2.
cheers
JJB
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_0PdWA1aoITie
New
Flight distance : 621565 ft
Argentina

Good afternoon, I have a similar case today where after 3 minutes it directly fell to the ground, flying into view at a moment the legend Transmission signal blocked and that's it. After a couple of hours I was able to find it, unfortunately it was damaged. Downloaded the flight log and it does NOT indicate any problem
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_0PdWA1aoITie
New
Flight distance : 621565 ft
Argentina

djiuser_0PdWA1aoITie Posted at 9-24 14:13
Good afternoon, I have a similar case today where after 3 minutes it directly fell to the ground, flying into view at a moment the legend Transmission signal blocked and that's it. After a couple of hours I was able to find it, unfortunately it was damaged. Downloaded the flight log and it does NOT indicate any problem

Flight time        Altitude        Home Dist        Type        Notification
A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors Started
B        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        En vuelo
C        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Return-To-Home altitude to 40m (131 ft). This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyData Recorder File Index is 90. This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetySetting new Maximum Flight Altitude to 500m (1640 ft)
D        00m 01s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
E        00m 03s        2.0 ft        1 ft        Tip        This is a normal message with no risk and no impact on safetyPunto de origen actualizado. Altitud de RPO establecida en 40m (Code: 3000001)
F        00m 04s        3.3 ft        1 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS
G        00m 30s        194.6 ft        4 ft        Mode        Mode changed to PANO
        00m 57s        195.2 ft        2 ft       

90% Battery
H        01m 39s        195.5 ft        3 ft        Mode        Mode changed to P-GPS
I        03m 10s        141.4 ft        345 ft        Tip        Señal débil. Ajusta las antenas. Aeronave no conectada al control remoto
J        03m 10s        141.4 ft        345 ft        Warning        La señal de transmisión de imagen puede estar bloqueada. Orienta el control remoto hacia la aeronave y ajusta las antenas para lograr una intensidad de señal óptima o vuela a una mayor altitud (Code: 80004)
        03m 10s        141.4 ft        345 ft       

81% Battery at maximum distance
2023-9-24
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Netherlands will screw you right over.

If you are In UK - Use Heliguys!

Matt
2023-9-24
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

I have been using Airdata for over three years. It is well worth the cost per year for my Gold Membership. A lot of information and several ways to download the fight logs in different formats as well as an HD flight player with information. I can even download the file and convert into a Dronelink mission and run the DL Virtual Mission viewer and/or run it in Goggle Earth Pro. It would at least have the flight up to the point of disconnection. The free version does give you CSV and KML downloads. You may want to look into it. Enjoy.
2023-9-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_0PdWA1aoITie Posted at 9-24 14:13
Flight time        Altitude        Home Dist        Type        Notification
A        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Mode        Mode changed to Motors Started
B        00m 00s        0.0 ft        0 ft        Tip        En vuelo

If you want help with analysis of the flight data, you'll have to post it.
To do that ...
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
That will give a report you can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.
Or post a link to the summary report that Airdata gave you.

2023-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules