Tilt axis violently spinning during calibration.
695 2 2023-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TactiCol
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just purchased the DJI RS3 after having to return 2 x DJI RS3 mini (One pan issue and 1 touchscreen issue).

I am having a significant issue with the tilt axis spinning violently back and forward when using calibration. Camera is balanced and firmware updated to the latest version.

This is very concerning and it's bashing the NTG Rhode Mic atop my ZV-E10 (which wasn't cheap) when it does this. Worried about damage to camera equipment too.

I've pretty much lost faith in the DJI range of Gimbals at this stage. Technology at this price point should not be throwing peoples expensive and sensitive equipment around in such a violent fashion. There should be protections built in to prevent the Gimbal behaving in such a manner.

Luckily the Gimbal is new and I've got the option of returning it via Amazon without issue. I'm thinking about just looking at a different brand at this point given my spate of bad fortune with DJI products so far.

What would people recommened were I to go with an alternative gimbal or are there any possible solutions folk could propose to sort this gimbal.

Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can offer.
2023-8-23
Use props
TactiCol
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just to add to the above when placing my ear close to the tilt axis, I can hear what almost sounds like a simmering pan of water in the distance. There is no other noise from any of the other axis motors. I think it will have to be returned at this stage in all honesty.
2023-8-23
Use props
TactiCol
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Gimbal was returned. New one arrived today. Seems to be fine on initial setup with camera balanced and operating as it should be. 4th time lucky hopefully. It's a damning indictment of DJI support that I have returned 1 gimbal and received a replacement faster than they have acknowledged this thread. It would be fair to say I won't be in any sort of rush to buy another product of theirs any time soon.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT MATTERS !!

For me, it is oft the deciding factor in whether to stay loyal to a brand or look elsewhere. Take note DJI. If you want my continued custom then do more to earn it.
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules