Daily Live JH School Broadcast
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leonardbrit
lvl.1

Ukraine

vHi - first time poster and not an OBS expert. Several years ago, I moved into our school's library/tv production position. We broadcast two live shows each day. Our IT Dept. set up the OBS at the beginning of my tenure, and they will update it and tweak it as needed, but one thing has plagued all year. Our designated Camera 2 loses its signal at least once a week during one of the broadcasts. Our student staff has learned how to transition to one camera mid-show when this happens, but would love for this to be remedied. Most of the time, once the computer is restarted, the Camera 2 signal will return immediately or the next day.

I know you are going to need more information (please know I will probably be lost on very technical jargon), but for now, we use two Canon Vixia HFG50 cameras to live stream. We also record both shows because one them is used each day for the lower grade to view during homeroom. IT initially thought it was the camera, so we replaced it several months ago, but it still kept happening, and we also replaced the cables.

Then it was thought that the cables had microtears or the connectors were bad. So, we bought a third set of new cables with adapters that now let us angle our cables better to avoid microtears. This did not remedy it. We still lose the signal at least once a week, twice this week.

We have a 2-year old Dell tower, and we keep the OBS updated.

I've perused the forum a bit, but I haven't found anything related to our issue.

Any assistance would be valued. I don't have a log file because we had to restart to get ready for the next live show, but I will post one the next time it happens. But, any general thoughts?

Thank you!
2023-8-23
Use props
Leonardbrit
lvl.1

Ukraine

hello, who's alive?!
2023-9-6
Use props
Leonardbrit
lvl.1

Ukraine

As a platform for sharing important updates, news, and achievements, it plays a vital role in keeping students, parents, and staff informed and engaged. Such broadcasts not only contribute to a sense of belonging but also provide valuable insights for my ey projects like https://essaysrescue.com/handmadewriting-review/ focused on education and effective communication within school environments.
2023-9-8
Use props
andyvotty
lvl.1

Ukraine

Based on the information provided, it seems that you are experiencing signal loss issues with your Dell tower while using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for live shows. Despite trying different sets of cables and adapters, the problem persists. While it is difficult to pinpoint the exact cause without a log file or further information, there are a few general thoughts and troubleshooting steps that you can consider.

1. Check hardware connections: Ensure that all cables and connectors are securely plugged in. Sometimes, loose connections can result in intermittent signal loss. Double-check the connections at both ends of the cables, including any adapters or splitters being used.

2. Test with different equipment: To rule out any potential issues with your current setup, try using different cables, adapters, or even a different capture card if applicable. This will help determine if the problem lies with the specific equipment you are currently using.

3. Update drivers and software: Make sure that all drivers for your Dell tower's hardware components (e.g., graphics card, network adapter) are up to date. Additionally, ensure that OBS is running the latest version available. Outdated drivers or software can sometimes cause compatibility issues leading to signal loss.

4. Check for software conflicts: It is possible that other software running on your system could be interfering with OBS and causing signal loss. Try temporarily disabling any unnecessary background applications or antivirus/firewall programs to see if it resolves the issue.

5. Monitor system resources: OBS can be resource-intensive: https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/604229/college-essay-writing-service-how-to-choose-faq-our-top-5/ , especially during live streaming or recording sessions. Monitor your system's CPU, GPU, and memory usage while OBS is running to ensure that they are not being maxed out. Insufficient system resources can lead to performance issues and signal loss.

6. Adjust OBS settings: Review your OBS settings to ensure they are optimized for your specific setup and internet connection speed. Pay attention to video encoding settings, bitrate, resolution, and frame rate. Experimenting with different settings may help alleviate the signal loss problem.

7. Consider network issues: If your live shows involve streaming over the internet, it is worth checking your network connection. Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection with sufficient upload bandwidth to handle the streaming requirements. You can also try connecting your Dell tower directly to the router via an Ethernet cable instead of relying on Wi-Fi.

8. Seek community support: Since you mentioned perusing forums, continue seeking assistance from the OBS community. Post a detailed description of your issue, including any relevant system specifications and OBS settings. Other users or OBS experts may have encountered similar problems and can provide specific troubleshooting steps or advice.

Remember that these suggestions are general in nature and may not address the specific cause of your signal loss issue. Providing a log file or seeking assistance from the OBS community will likely yield more accurate and tailored solutions to your problem.
2023-9-22
Use props
andyvotty
lvl.1

Ukraine

you welcome
2023-9-22
Use props
andyvotty
lvl.1

Ukraine

When it comes to academic writing, EssayUSA stands out as a reliable source of inspiration and knowledge. With a vast collection of essay examples,: samedayessay.com review: https://us.rankmywriter.com/samedayessay-com-review provides invaluable insights for students and writers. Explore EssayUSA to enhance your writing skills and excel in your studies.
2023-10-25
Use props
andrewgrue
lvl.1

Ukraine

Great job! Thanks!
2023-12-19
Use props
neiljiohu
New

United States

thanks for your share