M button does not work on Fuji X-S10
782 8 2023-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
100-00
lvl.1
Poland

M button does not work with Fuji X-s10 camera, for both Taking photo and C1/Fn1 button mapping.

The hardware button itself is operating correctly, because it can be used for entering sport mode. There's problem with communication with camera. Other buttons (record, aperture manipulation) work fine. Camera is connected with supplied usb-c cable.

It's essential feature, that needs to be fixed. Main use case is mapping to auto focus lock, crucial when operating gimbal.

Fuji firmware version: 3.01 (newest)
Ronin RS3 firmware version: 01.04.00.00 (newest)

2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will consult your issue with our engineers first.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. About your issue, here is the response from our engineers:
1. Regarding the M button cannot trigger the C1 or Fn1 button function of the Fuji XS10 camera, because the  M button of the DJI RS3 mapping function does not support the Fuji XS10, so it cannot be realized.
2. May we confirm whether the M button can trigger the photo function of the XS10 camera?  
2023-8-30
Use props
100-00
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-30 05:26
Hello, there. About your issue, here is the response from our engineers:
1. Regarding the M button cannot trigger the C1 or Fn1 button function of the Fuji XS10 camera, because the  M button of the DJI RS3 mapping function does not support the Fuji XS10, so it cannot be realized.
2. May we confirm whether the M button can trigger the photo function of the XS10 camera?

1. I understand that is this considered as a bug? I suppose all buttons are expected to work, regardless of camera brand.
2. No, it's not possible take picture with M button or in any other way. Compatibility page clearly states, that taking photo is supported:
2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

100-00 Posted at 8-30 10:42
1. I understand that is this considered as a bug? I suppose all buttons are expected to work, regardless of camera brand.
2. No, it's not possible take picture with M button or in any other way. Compatibility page clearly states, that taking photo is supported: [view_image]

Thanks.
If so, please perform the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Before you capture the photo by using the button, did you take off the control cable and switch the camera mode to the photo mode then plug the control cable in again to trigger the function.
2, If Step 1 does not work out the issue, please reset the gimbal parameter and try to capture the photo by virtual joysticks in the DJI Ronn App
3. If Step 1&2 does not work, please record a video in which show us the Step 1 and 2 can not trigger the function properly.
2023-8-31
Use props
100-00
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-31 01:59
Thanks.
If so, please perform the troubleshooting steps below:
1. Before you capture the photo by using the button, did you take off the control cable and switch the camera mode to the photo mode then plug the control cable in again to trigger the function.

When I attach the cable to camera in photo mode, indeed I can take a picture. But of course, mapping M button still does not work.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

100-00 Posted at 9-2 12:48
When I attach the cable to camera in photo mode, indeed I can take a picture. But of course, mapping M button still does not work.

Sorry for the late response. About the mapping issue, we confirmed that it does not support Fuji XS10 currrently. If you need the function, we will forward it to our engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-5
Use props
100-00
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 00:40
Sorry for the late response. About the mapping issue, we confirmed that it does not support Fuji XS10 currrently. If you need the function, we will forward it to our engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes, please forward it to the engineering team.

I'll be waiting eagerly for solution.
2023-9-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

100-00 Posted at 9-5 08:32
Yes, please forward it to the engineering team.

I'll be waiting eagerly for solution.

Noted. We have forwarded your advice to them.
2023-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules