Phantom connection broken
4028 9 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

Hi,
i have a problem with connection to DJI phantom vision plus. After update firmware:

settings

settings

I have conected wifi Phantom in DJI aplication, green LED is lighting but connection is broken:

connection error

connection error

connectzi

connectzi
2014-12-8
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

switch it all off, power on the wifi extender, then remote, then phantom.  Then search for wifi on mobile device and connect.
I find that if I change the sequence I get the same thing.
2014-12-8
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

umpa Posted at 2014-12-9 04:41
switch it all off, power on the wifi extender, then remote, then phantom.  Then search for wifi on m ...

I try this sequance but still nothing
2014-12-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What type of device are you using and when you go back to the WIFI settings on the device does it show connected to the WIFI or not?

You can try turning on "airplane mode" and then turn WIFI on and connect.  I've seen some devices that would switch back to cell connection when it detected that it couldn't connect to the internet via the Phantom.  On many devices there is a setting that changes the behavior.

Also, if this is an Android, what version; there have been reports of issues with Lollipop (the most recent)?
2014-12-10
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

I try it on Nexus 4 (Android 5.0) and HTC Desire 500 (Android 4.2.) and oon both devices is same problem.  Then I upgrade software that work it correctly.
2014-12-10
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

On Android devices be sure to turn off "Avoid unstable connections" under the WIFI Advanced settings.  If this setting if on then Android will disconnect as soon as it detect that it cannot connect to the internet.

Android 5, it appears to only work if you had Android 4.x and had the above setting off before upgrading.  The setting appears to have been removed from the UI but must still be there since it appears to remain after upgrade.
2014-12-10
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

have U tried re-binding the wifi extender and drone?
2014-12-10
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

How can i rebinding extender? I reset it, only.
2014-12-11
Use props
tmgrood
lvl.2
United States

frybert@trebesi Posted at 2014-12-11 16:43
How can i rebinding extender? I reset it, only.

Just look up Binding on Google. There are a couple good videos on how to do it.
Make sure you don't make the mistake I did which no one ever mentioned, after scanning the QR label on the box, make sure you tap on the check mark in the upper right hand corner of the app.
That saves your settings.
2014-12-11
Use props
frybert
lvl.1

Czechia

it solved - i rebind camera and its ok. Thanks
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules