Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiliMedPy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121198 ft

Paraguay

Hello everyone.

I had an event with a MAVIC AIR 2.

I was doing some aerial shots in a field and in flight I get a "gimbal overheating" alert or something like that.

As it worked well, I continued the flight until it had to return due to lack of battery.

Unfortunately the battery did not give me time and upon reaching the landing zone, the drone fell from a height of approximately 10 meters. Luckily nothing happened to the drone, nothing broke, it was intact, but the gimbal stopped working, after that I get error 40011 and the gimbal does not respond or stabilize, but when the drone is turned on it manages to calibrate and move (typical DJI movement) also when it is off it has free movement on its axis.
Visually it does not seem broken or loose. What could have happened to the gimbal? Should I replace it entirely or just replace the wires? I clarify that there is transmission from the camera to the APP.

I would appreciate everyone's help
2023-8-24
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23370489 ft
United States

Check the gimbal for dirt/sand... Does it grind a bit when you move it by hand? If so, get a can of air and blow it out.
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. If Error Code 40011 "Gimbal Calibration error. Restart aircraft" appears in DJI Fly, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Check whether the gimbal protector has been removed before powering on. If not, remove the gimbal protector and restart the aircraft.

2. Check whether the DJI Fly app is the latest version. If not, update the app to the latest version.

3. Remove the microSD card from the aircraft (if any). Go to Settings > Control > Gimbal Calibration in the DJI Fly app.

4. Check whether the aircraft firmware is the latest version. If not, update the firmware to the latest version. If the firmware has been updated to the latest version, we recommend that you connect DJI Assistant 2 ( the corresponding version to customer's drone model) on PC and refresh the latest firmware.

You may also try to use a different mobile device to further isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules