Geozone Map Glitches
538 3 2023-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

Why do all the zones disappear when I zoom in even slightly on the map on a browser? Trying to plan shoot is extremely difficult when the map does this...and if you don't realize you're zoomed in too much when planning, you may show up on site and realize you're locked out of flying there.

An example of an area in NY that contains a bunch of zones which makes it easy to see the issue:

Using the Goezone map on Safari.
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will forward this to our relevant team for attention. Please note that since it consumes too much time for mass data loading, all GEO Zones will be hidden when zooming in or out to a certain extent. If you want to zoom in all the way on a specific area without disappearing the color, you may check this map on this link https://www.dji.com/global/flysafe/geo-map . We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-8-24
Use props
droney_baloney
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-24 20:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will forward this to our relevant team for attention. Please note that since it consumes too much time for mass data loading, all GEO Zones will be hidden when zooming in or out to a certain extent. If you want to zoom in all the way on a specific area without disappearing the color, you may check this map on this link https://www.dji.com/global/flysafe/geo-map . We appreciate your understanding and support.

Too much data to load a few vectors? Sounds like BS to me. They all load when zoomed out. As you zoom in, there's less that needs to be loaded. And the software on drones as NO problem with processing the same information.

That is the link I was using and have been using for years.

Fix this issue.
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

droney_baloney Posted at 8-25 04:40
Too much data to load a few vectors? Sounds like BS to me. They all load when zoomed out. As you zoom in, there's less that needs to be loaded. And the software on drones as NO problem with processing the same information.

That is the link I was using and have been using for years.

Thank you for your kind response, droney_baloney. We will surely forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules