Does Air 3 waypoint missions load on board the aircraft?
831 6 2023-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_773hLbVjKFQI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286736 ft
Sweden

I need to know if waypoint missions on the Air 3 are flown independently by the drone, i.e. onboarded on the drone before the mission starts (like the waypoints 2.9 on Mavic 2), or if the mission is flown by Virtual Stick Commands via the controller.

Specifically, I need to know which is the correct answer for Air 3 drones operating in the European Union.

Thanks!
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_773hLbVjKFQI
lvl.2
Sweden

Sorry for the typo, I mean the old waypoints 2.0 for Mavic 2
2023-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_773hLbVjKFQI
lvl.2
Sweden

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-24 16:53
Easy enough to test.  Program a short mission, launch it, then turn off the RC.  If the mission aborts & the drone performs an RTH then you have your answer.

Yes it's easy to test, for someone who owns an Air 3. I'm asking before making a puchasing decision.

Btw I love your videos!!
2023-8-24
Use props
djiuser_773hLbVjKFQI
lvl.2
Sweden

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-25 01:57
Sorry I thought you already had an Air 3.  I am intrigued learning of a potential embedded LTE module. Thank you!

From what i've seen, this module is only available for mainland China :/
2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for patiently waiting. The DJI Air 3 waypoint mission comes with the app and it is not an on-board feature. If you use the same remote controller for another drone with the same DJI Fly app, the waypoint mission can be used with both units. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_773hLbVjKFQI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 19:44
Thank you for patiently waiting. The DJI Air 3 waypoint mission comes with the app and it is not an on-board feature. If you use the same remote controller for another drone with the same DJI Fly app, the waypoint mission can be used with both units. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Hello, I don't think we quite understand each other. What I'm referring to is, when the mission is started, it's uploaded to the drone. Not carried out by virtual stick commands from the controller while being executed.
Just like the Mavic 2 in fact, using Waypoints 2.0.
If this were not the case, how coyld there be an ootion to complete the missiin even without a sugnal from the transmitter?
All my question was trying to clarify, was if there is any difference for the EU version.
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules