Mini 2 SE Map Making App's or Software
5577 20 2023-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pizzano
lvl.1

United States

I'm looking for a simple map making app that supports the Mini 2 SE..........some thing like the "Maps Made Easy" app.......All though MME supports the Mini 2 and many other DJI craft, the SE does not appear on their list......and it seems the DJI Fly app does not provide way point or grid tracking elements sufficient enough to build a simple profile like MME can provide.......?
So, I wonder if DJI will ever release (allow) a 3rd party application for the SE......?.....my bad, should have done homework better.....but I love that SE as it stands...!

2023-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. The DJI Mini 2 SE only works with the DJI Fly app and we don't have any guarantee that the unit works with other 3rd party applications since we haven't tested it on our end. I will take this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-25
Use props
Pizzano
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-25 16:20
Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. The DJI Mini 2 SE only works with the DJI Fly app and we don't have any guarantee that the unit works with other 3rd party applications since we haven't tested it on our end. I will take this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank You for the quick response........I previously owned a Parrot for recreational purposes. It had some 3rd party mapping capability. But, as you know, Parrot no longer sells or supports their inexpensive recreational quads.......Thus, my purchase of the Mini 2 SE since it was in my budget and which is, IMHO, a far better machine, support and software/App functions, (finally, an inexpensive) recreation utility UAV.

I thought, given the costs coming down on very good hardware, simple photogrammetry/mapping software/app's would follow suit, as was/is the case with the Mini 2.........Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks Again....!
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Pizzano Posted at 8-26 08:21
Thank You for the quick response........I previously owned a Parrot for recreational purposes. It had some 3rd party mapping capability. But, as you know, Parrot no longer sells or supports their inexpensive recreational quads.......Thus, my purchase of the Mini 2 SE since it was in my budget and which is, IMHO, a far better machine, support and software/App functions, (finally, an inexpensive) recreation utility UAV.

I thought, given the costs coming down on very good hardware, simple photogrammetry/mapping software/app's would follow suit, as was/is the case with the Mini 2.........Guess I'll have to wait and see.

You are most welcome. Rest assured that we will forward this feedback of yours to our relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pizzano Posted at 8-26 08:21

I thought, given the costs coming down on very good hardware, simple photogrammetry/mapping software/app's would follow suit, as was/is the case with the Mini 2.........Guess I'll have to wait and see.

The quick response you got was just their standard copy and paste response for any requests like this.
It means, your suggestion will be ignored and you'll never hear anything about it.
I've seen hundreds of replies just like it without anything ever happening.
You're not going to get mapping capability for your cheapo Mini 2 (DJI won't give the Mavic 3 the ability to do mapping).
2023-8-27
Use props
Pizzano
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 8-27 23:34
The quick response you got was just their standard rcopy and paste response for any requests like this.
It means, your suggestion will be ignored and you'll never hear anything about it.

Labroides........I apologize for not making myself understood very well.

I'm looking for simple/uncomplicated, app's/firmware/software, DJI, 3rd party........that functions and delivers simple Ortho Mosaic photogametry. Which, companies like Drones Made Easy, provide......3rd party.
They have a product that is compatible with many of DJI's "cheepo's", as well as the high end.....Free or paid subscription.
That product "Maps Made Easy" caters to the "hobby", as well as the commercial. Allows for data retrieval, pre-planning and planning strategies, grid and telemetry (way-points), over-lap layouts,  photo preferences/quality like filming speed, storage and "cropping" methods.
All, at a cost that relates to the times.................Enrty level photographers/cartographers. Constant 3rd party protocol compatible with SDK, NDVI, Esri AES-256 video that streams comfortably with OcuSync.

I guess something like the Mini 2 has been able to use for some time.........at, what could be considered "professional" level end product delivery......hobby guys like me, strive for on a budget ( we have other expensive hobbies as well....lol).

Sorry I didn't  make my self more clear........1

2023-8-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Pizzano Posted at 8-28 18:36
Labroides........I apologize for not making myself understood very well.

I'm looking for simple/uncomplicated, app's/firmware/software, DJI, 3rd party........that functions and delivers simple Ortho Mosaic photogametry. Which, companies like Drones Made Easy, provide......3rd party.

I couldn't have made my reply any clearer .... but it sounds like the message didn't get through.
Makers of programs like Maps Made Easy require an SDK to be released by DJI to allow them to make their programs work with a particular drone.
DJI haven't and won't be releasing an SDK for your drone despite the polite, but completely meaningless response you received.
That same response has been seen several hundreds of times here, but nothing has ever happened as a result.

2023-8-28
Use props
djiuser_AaaR01jjf6lY
New

Mauritius

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. The DJI Mini 2 SE only works with the DJI Fly app and we don't have any guarantee that the unit works with other 3rd party applications since we haven't tested it on our end. I will take this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Hi DJI,
It would be grateful to be able to get an app for mapping, will it be possible and for how long should we wait?
Thank you very much
2023-8-28
Use props
Pizzano
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 8-28 21:24
I couldn't have made my reply any clearer .... but it sounds like the message didn't get through.
Makers of programs like Maps Made Easy require an SDK to be released by DJI to allow them to make their programs work with a particular drone.
DJI haven't and won't be releasing an SDK for your drone despite the polite, but completely meaningless response you received.

Thanks for that.........A little look at history has me more optimistic..........:

The Mini 2 was released here (US) on November 23, 2020. DJI released it's SDK up-grade to include that and a few other models on December 29, 2021. Just like now, many DJI users of the Mini 2 cried for a year waiting for that SDK release........GIven, there is very little difference btw the Mini 2 & Mini 2 SE and the 2 SE is the less expensive alternative to the now discontinued Mini 2.......Which some influential UAV market analysts believe will be the future trend within all of the less than "professional" product lines available to the 'Hobbyist.........(less than 250gr models)

So, The Mini 2 SE was just released here on March 22, 2023, my conversations with rep's from Drones Made Easy have suggested that a year or so from actual product release is not uncommon for DJI SDK authorization........DME works exclusively with DJI.....but no word yet on the 2 SE.......they see no reason other than DJI currently dealing with the US over political  security issues, that may be slowing down some of the product development.......They, themselves are ready now to implement an app for the 2 SE once the SDK is released............I'll continue to stay positive and informed......and not concern myself with issues others  may have with the "cheap" less than "professional" models now being able to perform ( and in some cases out-perform) the more expensive and less cost effective models they have invested in.........especially since we are only considering "amateur", simple, entry level, get your feet wet, uncomplicated map making applications........

To qualify my background with UAV....... I am a civil engineer/land surveyor......been flying all kinds of craft since 1989 and have spent a total of 8yrs working with aerial topographic/mapping survey "drones".....the big boy stuff. Mostly when this technology was in it's infant stages. I'm semi-retired now and just want to have fun playing around with this new (inexpensive) and amassing mini quad environment.......I now have no need or use for money making ventures or any cost associated with "professional" capital outlay or the time and effort required to be profitable......just want to relive the fun I had back in 1989.......Thanks for the input Labroides.  
2023-8-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Pizzano Posted at 8-29 08:02
Thanks for that.........A little look at history has me more optimistic..........:

The Mini 2 was released here (US) on November 23, 2020. DJI released it's SDK up-grade to include that and a few other models on December 29, 2021. Just like now, many DJI users of the Mini 2 cried for a year waiting for that SDK release........GIven, there is very little difference btw the Mini 2 & Mini 2 SE and the 2 SE is the less expensive alternative to the now discontinued Mini 2.......Which some influential UAV market analysts believe will be the future trend within all of the less than "professional" product lines available to the 'Hobbyist.........(less than 250gr models)

Drones Made Easy have suggested that a year or so from actual product release is not uncommon for DJI SDK authorization........DME works exclusively with DJI.....but no word yet on the 2 SE.......they see no reason other than DJI currently dealing with the US over political  security issues.

Back in the past, DJi would release an SDK for consumer drone models and users were able to use Litchi for waypoint flying or mapping apps like DroneDeploy and others, to enhance the functionality of their drones.
The Phantom 4 pro and Mavic 2 pro were popular and very capable drones fro professional level mapping, as well as excellent consumer drones.
You could buy their advanced consumer drones for recreational or professional use.

But since then, DJI has had a change of policy direction and released a line of much more expensive "enterprise" drones for the professional sector and abandoned the idea of allowing consumer drones to share that functionality.
The Mavic 3 series would be excellent mapping drones and since it was released nearly two years ago, users have been begging DJI to release an SDK for the model.
DJI communications on the matter are poor to non-existant but what little has come out is that they have no intention of releasing an SDK.
The non-appearance of an SDK for the model confirms this.

2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_AaaR01jjf6lY Posted at 8-28 23:46
Hi DJI,
It would be grateful to be able to get an app for mapping, will it be possible and for how long should we wait?
Thank you very much

Hello there. We don't have a timeframe regarding this request. Please note that after the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-9-1
Use props
MARiordan
lvl.1

Brazil

Pizzano, I made the same mistake of not checking if the Mini SE could accept mapping software. However, I discovered that I can fly it manually, taking photos more or less as mapping software would, then upload the photos to a map-making site for "stitching". It's more work, but it worked!
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_eOvlnSUByGtH
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12920 ft
Greece

MARiordan Posted at 12-25 10:25
Pizzano, I made the same mistake of not checking if the Mini SE could accept mapping software. However, I discovered that I can fly it manually, taking photos more or less as mapping software would, then upload the photos to a map-making site for "stitching". It's more work, but it worked!

map-making site?????can you tell more infos?
2023-12-25
Use props
CHRISTIAN KARTEY QUARCOO
New

Ghana

Hope it ll be attended to sooner. A lot of us are in the same mess.

No SDK for 3rd party. MINI 2 SE
Thanks
2023-12-31
Use props
SHADOW28
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12920 ft
Greece

CHRISTIAN KARTEY QUARCOO Posted at 12-31 10:58

I agree.We need SDK for mini 2 se.There are a lot people who ask for it many months and DJI do nothing
2023-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

CHRISTIAN KARTEY QUARCOO Posted at 2023-12-31 10:58

Hi there, CHRISTIAN. Thank you for reaching out. Mini 2 SE does not support SDK as of the time being. Rest assured that this request was already been raised to our relevant team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
1-1 23:02
Use props
Gary Mxxxxx
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-1 23:02
Hi there, CHRISTIAN. Thank you for reaching out. Mini 2 SE does not support SDK as of the time being. Rest assured that this request was already been raised to our relevant team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Just to add would also like to use for mapping
1-20 05:46
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Gary Mxxxxx Posted at 1-20 05:46
Just to add would also like to use for mapping

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that we will record this request of yours. You may subscribe to our official website to access the latest news and updates. Have a nice day.
1-22 03:22
Use props
rndmsfree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86388 ft

United States

Labroides Posted at 2023-8-27 23:34
The quick response you got was just their standard copy and paste response for any requests like this.

@labroides waypointmap.com supports the Mavic 3.  It's in early development, but it's live.
1-22 11:43
Use props
djiuser_ZPqOyP2r8YR9
New

Iran

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-8-25 16:20
Hi dji
I am an engineer and i need to use a mapping app for mini 2 se. Please check  some apps and allow us to use them.is it possibe for you to  enable 3rd party app support?
4-20 12:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_ZPqOyP2r8YR9 Posted at 4-20 12:53
Hi dji
I am an engineer and i need to use a mapping app for mini 2 se. Please check  some apps and allow us to use them.is it possibe for you to  enable 3rd party app support?

Hi there. We are sorry to inform you that DJI does not sell any products in the region and cannot provide services for you. Thank you for your understanding.
4-22 00:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules