Remote ID error
7912 8 2023-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dj0077
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

To DJI Team:::: A relase of all error meanings could be such as stress free and more enjoinment of this drone.
I was suffereing from the dreaded remote id error and spent countless time searching for an answer to no avail until a bulb lit up!!!
I realized the issue appeared soon after flying with the newly purchased battery plus!!!
So it seems that maybe by the battery serialk number or other form, the fly app recognizes that a battery plus is installed in the drone and for so now weights more than the 249kg. then maybe it checks for registration and if the drone is not registered then it will spit the REMOTE ID ERROR.

I did a few test, first I went back to the regular battery and still was giving me the error which may be because once the drone recognized the battery plus it may be blacklisted.
Then I did erased and reset the drone using the regular battery. after rebooting there was no more id error. I need to do more testing but so for it indicates that the error was due to the battery plus.
Just wish tech support was aware of this as all they told me to do was to reflash the firmware and of course that did not work.

2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. FAA regulations do not require users to register ≤0.55 lbs (250g) aircraft purely for recreational use, so such users are not required to comply with RID regulations. However, since the Mini 3 series supports Battery Plus in the United States, the take-off weight of this model will exceed 0.55 pounds. According to the requirements of FAA Remote ID regulations 89.501, if the manufacturer produces a drone with a maximum take-off weight of more than 0.55 pounds, The aircraft must have standard Remote ID functionality; and per § 89.310(d), the aircraft with built-in standard Remote ID cannot be disabled by the user. Therefore, in order for DJI to comply with the requirements of the FAA Remote ID regulations on manufacturers, the Mini 3 series has to have a built-in standard Remote ID function and cannot be turned off.

Note: According to the FAA Remote ID regulations - § 89.101 (a) (1), users who use drones for commercial flights, regardless of the take-off weight of the aircraft, must register the aircraft and comply with the Remote ID regulations.
2023-8-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

I don't think remote id error have anything to do with the plus Battery. Many ppl using the plus battery and it is fine. My mavic 3 pro that's been registered show red error tip left saying remote id error. But it still flies so who cares. Usually it goes away after a while. I don't even let it stress me out. Is your drone able to fly with the error or not? If it doesn't allow you to fly then contact dji support. If it flies, who cares about the remote id error. No biggie
2023-8-26
Use props
dj0077
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 8-26 18:48
I don't think remote id error have anything to do with the plus Battery. Many ppl using the plus battery and it is fine. My mavic 3 pro that's been registered show red error tip left saying remote id error. But it still flies so who cares. Usually it goes away after a while. I don't even let it stress me out. Is your drone able to fly with the error or not? If it doesn't allow you to fly then contact dji support. If it flies, who cares about the remote id error. No biggie

Well in my case with the Mini 3 pro...it seems so. I flew it yesterday with the regular battery and not a single occurrence of remote id error. I would like to talk to one of those flying with the battery plus "and the latest firmware" to verify if in fact they do not get the remote id error after doing so. As for your mavic 3, I see that the error may be triggered by something else as the mavic in itself it weights more than the 249g.
While the control id error may not bother you or some others, me and maybe other user do get annoyed by it. If or when I invest over 1k in a piece of equipment, gadget or device, I do expect it to be issue free for at least some good time. seen any error or issue right off the box would be expected when purchased at a very deep heavy discount or something from harbor freight i may say where the cost if 25-50% below name brand.

While technically, every drone would fly right off the box without registering, I will like to know if those who do fly drones over 249g off the box do get the remote id error. And consequently, if such error goes away once registered.

2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_sWt7Zmg3t0O9
New

United States

dj0077 Posted at 8-27 07:20
Well in my case with the Mini 3 pro...it seems so. I flew it yesterday with the regular battery and not a single occurrence of remote id error. I would like to talk to one of those flying with the battery plus "and the latest firmware" to verify if in fact they do not get the remote id error after doing so. As for your mavic 3, I see that the error may be triggered by something else as the mavic in itself it weights more than the 249g.
While the control id error may not bother you or some others, me and maybe other user do get annoyed by it. If or when I invest over 1k in a piece of equipment, gadget or device, I do expect it to be issue free for at least some good time. seen any error or issue right off the box would be expected when purchased at a very deep heavy discount or something from harbor freight i may say where the cost if 25-50% below name brand.

My DJI Mini 4 Pro also randomly comes up with the same remote ID error you discribed, which goes away and sometimes returns. My 4 Pro is registered as required by the weight I purchased it new with the plus battery from DJI and don't have any of the regular batteries in the bundle I bought. I tend to align with your well thoughout analysis and it would be useful to hear from other similar users. Perhaps more importantly we should hear from DJI.
2023-11-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_sWt7Zmg3t0O9 Posted at 11-25 16:06
My DJI Mini 4 Pro also randomly comes up with the same remote ID error you discribed, which goes away and sometimes returns. My 4 Pro is registered as required by the weight I purchased it new with the plus battery from DJI and don't have any of the regular batteries in the bundle I bought. I tend to align with your well thoughout analysis and it would be useful to hear from other similar users. Perhaps more importantly we should hear from DJI.

Hi there. Before flying in the current area, please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. Ensure the GPS signal is normal. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information. For DJI RC and DJI RC 2, the location can be enabled by the following method: Profile > Settings> Notification and Privacy> Mobile Device GPS Info. Thank you for your understanding. You also need to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. Have a nice day.
2023-11-25
Use props
jonathan velazquez
lvl.1

United States

I think implementing a simple Bluetooth dongle and updating the firmware would be a nice way to deal w this faa rid implementation. Should prob be given to anyone who got this kit  free as it was not the way it originally functioned.
2023-12-13
Use props
isruniversal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413353 ft
United States

might be too hard of restrictions when taking off in controlled airspace. Mini 2 won't connect under controlled airspace took it out of controlled airspace and it connected no problem. Going to test DJI FPV out of controlled airspace. Hope it works. I think this is like a GEO fence thing. DJI , FAA gotta understand some shots drones don't need to be high, most drone shots are around the 100-200ft range, easily within visual line of sight. Why do I need RFID to film a house?
1-1 17:04
Use props
johnfitz
New

United States

how do you " erased and reset the drone"
1-19 11:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules