Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video jittering / not usable
776 24 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
haxpure
lvl.1

Austria

Hello,

sometimes i have the problem that my vidoes are jittering like crazy.
It starts in the middle of a recording.
Tried to factory reset and tried different settings but no luck.
Is there anything that i can try or do i need to write the support?

2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Ley me ask, this only happens on the motorcycle only,

I am  trying t osay possible its a  electronic interference with the  the plugs, if I put my camera on my snow blower  it does that
2023-8-27
Use props
haxpure
lvl.1

Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 8-27 07:10
Ley me ask, this only happens on the motorcycle only,

I am  trying t osay possible its a  electronic interference with the  the plugs, if I put my camera on my snow blower  it does that

I only use it on the motorcycle.
Sometimes it works 3-4 recordings without a issue.
The setup is always the same
99% of the time its perfectly stable
2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

haxpure Posted at 8-27 07:12
I only use it on the motorcycle.

In order to find the issue you must test out things   DJI can not fix issues if its your bike that is causing the  interference. or the interference is the camera, the only way to find this  out is to test.  WHen dji comes in here they will ask you to test.
2023-8-27
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

haxpure Posted at 8-27 07:12
I only use it on the motorcycle.

But it doesn’t seem like it’s on the bike. It’s seems like it’s either on your chest or on your helmet.
2023-8-27
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

osmonauta Posted at 8-27 07:22
But it doesn’t seem like it’s on the bike. It’s seems like it’s either on your chest or on your helmet.

Its mounted on the chin.
I meant that i use it only while riding.

Last weekend i recorded for 2 hours without any issues.
This weekend it got shaky arround the 1 hour mark.
2023-8-27
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

Could this be an issue with the memory card maybe? Tried reformatting or maybe a different card?
2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

iinteference with products and vehicle does not mean it has to be on th bike but within a distance.  for example I turn a light on and I am 4 feet from it Yep interference.. so  like said figure out the issue
2023-8-27
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 8-27 09:48
iinteference with products and vehicle does not mean it has to be on th bike but within a distance.  for example I turn a light on and I am 4 feet from it Yep interference.. so  like said figure out the issue

But why would it work for countless hours without issue and then come random and stay for the rest of the recording?

Im always on the bike with exactly the same setup
2023-8-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

All I was saying is if the bikes electronics had interference wit hteh camera, if  this ran for hours on  end and its random, then it can be something more then that. so that I can not answer or think of an issue that can cause it.
2023-8-27
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 8-27 15:26
All I was saying is if the bikes electronics had interference wit hteh camera, if  this ran for hours on  end and its random, then it can be something more then that. so that I can not answer or think of an issue that can cause it.

The recording i uploaded was over 1 hour long without glitches before this happened.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, haxpure. Thank you for reaching out. Please see the possible causes and solutions for this issue:

Possible Cause of Issue:
1. The jitter frequency is high. The EIS function is unable to give a timely response or stabilize.
2. If the camera is directly connected to a platform, such as a vehicle, and there is no appropriate buffering, the EIS effect will also be affected.

Solution:
1. Take photos while holding the Osmo Action series product in your hands.
2. Carry the camera on your body or a helmet by connecting it with accessories.
2023-8-28
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

Wow... I don't even know what to say
2023-8-28
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-28 04:09
Hi, haxpure. Thank you for reaching out. Please see the possible causes and solutions for this issue:

Possible Cause of Issue:

It is mounted in the helmet with a chin mount. It has no direct connection to the bike.

And like i said. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all and other times it happens after some time.

2023-8-28
Use props
skysailor64
First Officer
United States

Can you borrow another OA3 camera and use them in parallel to see if they both exhibit the same problem?  If they don't then seems like it would be a camera issue.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans6f22ef47 Posted at 8-28 09:33
It is mounted in the helmet with a chin mount. It has no direct connection to the bike.

And like i said. Sometimes it doesnt happen at all and other times it happens after some time.

Hi, fans6f22ef47. This is normal. You are wearing the helmet and you are riding the bike which is somehow still connected to the bike which produces a high jitter frequency that is why the EIS function is unable to give a timely response or stabilize.
2023-8-30
Use props
Fishycomics
Captain
United States

Best thing to do is  have time to do tests:

Stationary the camera

1 Keep EIS on see if it happens
2 turn off EIS see if it happens

As you say it happens then   get wit h the repair.
2023-8-30
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-30 07:59
Hi, fans6f22ef47. This is normal. You are wearing the helmet and you are riding the bike which is somehow still connected to the bike which produces a high jitter frequency that is why the EIS function is unable to give a timely response or stabilize.

Then why is it working for hours of recorded material without issues? I always have 100% the same setup. Same bike, same helmet etc… i also feel like when i stop recording and start it again its gone
2023-8-30
Use props
osmonauta
Captain
Hungary

I think DJI Gamora is confused. DJI itself is advertising the OA3 as the perfect motorcycle camera. They even advertising the helmet chin mount which "...delivers a stunning first-person perspective... even on rugged terrain"

https://www.dji.com/handheld/activity/moto

Considering everything what DJI says on that page, I think it's an issue with your unit. ...and you don't even perform stunts like that dude in the video.

2023-8-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans6f22ef47 Posted at 8-30 08:24
Then why is it working for hours of recorded material without issues? I always have 100% the same setup. Same bike, same helmet etc… i also feel like when i stop recording and start it again its gone

Hi there. As mentioned, the jitter frequency is high. The EIS function is unable to give a timely response or stabilize. You may try refreshing the firmware version, resetting the camera then holding the Osmo Action series product in your hands, or carry it on your body or a helmet by connecting it with accessories then have a try. If the issue still persists, please provide us with the parameters settings, firmware version, camera log, and tested time for further analysis. Please upload the needed information to Google Drive or Dropbox then send the details via PM. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you find a solution?
2023-10-23
Use props
SeehawerB
First Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I could imagine that this could be a resonance between the selected stabilization function and the stimulating vibration of the motorcycle. The stabilization on the OA3 works with an inertial sensor. The software then responds to the signals from this sensor by shifting the image content. Such systems can resonate under certain conditions if they are not correctly tuned by software. Mathematically, these are poles in the transfer function. This could then be improved in a future firmware update.

I personally struggled with the stability functions of the OA3 for a long time because they don't work properly when mounted behind the windshield in the car - keyword "tilting horizon". When I switched off the stabilization completely as a test while driving, I was able to see how good the picture was. I would recommend trying this out. I'm now very happy with the image quality of the OA3. The vibrations of the car are not noticeable in the video footage, even without stabilization.
2023-10-24
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

Have you tried to switch off Electronic Image Stabilization?
2023-10-25
Use props
fans6f22ef47
lvl.1

Austria

rogiervdheide Posted at 10-25 11:50
Have you tried to switch off Electronic Image Stabilization?

I send it back. Bought it at amazon. They offered a full refund for the problem. Bought the Osmo 4 instead
2023-11-3
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

fans6f22ef47 Posted at 11-3 09:59
I send it back. Bought it at amazon. They offered a full refund for the problem. Bought the Osmo 4 instead

Happy to read it has worked out well!
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules