Battery recommendations
1567 7 2015-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I was looking to buy a second battery for my Phantom 2, and was wondering if anyone had any particular recommendations? Is it best to stick with 'official' DJI batteries, or are there viable - and cheaper - alternatives out there? From a quick search, 'compatible' batteries can be found. I've seen alternative batteries for 60 Euros on Banggood (I'm in Europe), with good reviews (the one with the LCD display I've seen a few places), also one that looks physically the same as the original one on Aliexpress for a few Euros more. Anyone have any experience with these or similar after-market batteries, or are they all to be avoided like the plague?

2015-9-1
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I prefer to fly only with OEM DJI batteries. If you want to go 3rd party, Limefuel batteries have favorable reviews. You can find them here:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OM7BT70/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00OM7BT70&linkCode=as2&tag=ph079-20&linkId=HICZOHBUICF7RBBW

eBay: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575117260&toolid=10001&campid=5337655149&customid=&icep_item=281725770911&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-1
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Hello, thanks for the tip. In fact I'd already spotted those, they look good. Unfortunately to get one sent to Europe works out even more expensive (by a considerable margin) than buying an original DJI battery from a local supplier :-(
What do you mean when you say an OEM DJI battery? Isn't that just the 'official' batteries sold by DJI? I assume that DJI, like a lot of manufacturers, subcontract the fabrication of their batteries to another company, I guess like a lot of people I'd be keen to find out if the subcontractor sold the same batteries through other channels, without the 'official' DJI moniker (and at lower prices)!
2015-9-1
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

I  fly with stock so to be sure the smart part functions properly. 3rd party may be ok but to much $$$ for me to play with 3rd's.
2015-9-1
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

duncan.lamb, by OEM, I mean batteries sold by DJI or authorized DJI dealers. I wouldn't recommend trying to save a few bucks on buying a battery that looks like an OEM battery or that a seller claims is the same thing. The price tag on watching your Phantom drop from the sky and smash on the ground will be much higher than the difference in an OEM battery and look-alike battery.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-1
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Well that's my fear too, of course, tempting though the alternative batteries might be - and it's more than just a few bucks difference. Of course the corollary of that is that the more bucks difference there is, the less likelihood that you're going to get a battery that's up to scratch, and indeed seeing your Phantom drop out of the sky when the cheap 3rd-party goes flat without any warning is something that no saving on a battery price will compensate!
2015-9-1
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

What I was really looking for was first-hand experience from users who had bought third-party batteries, to see if they were satisfied or not with the performance. Probably the wrong place to ask about alternatives to the 'genuine' article, seeing as this is the forum hosted by DJI!
2015-9-2
Use props
duncan.lamb
lvl.1

France

Received the battery from Banggood two days ago - charged up, is accepted by my Phantom 2 no problem. Only flown with it once so far, but it works fine, can't spot any difference compared to the genuine DJI battery so far (apart from the LCD screen, which is actually quite useful).
2015-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules