Seeing horizontal lines scrolling in video
19253 14 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snowglyder
New

United States

I haven't seen this before, but several of the videos on my last flight have thick horizontal lines scrolling over the video in the recordings. Reminds me of "tracking" issues in VHS. It would've been good shots otherwise, so I'm pretty upset. Anyone experience this? My buddy thinks maybe because the sun was out, but I have taken video in brighter days and it did just fine. Maybe a lose connector to the camera? I'm going to look more into it after work today, but figured I'd see if anyone else has seen this.
I'm within my return period from Amazon so I might just do that if I can't figure out what's going on. Up until now I've had dependable video.

Video to demonstrate. http://youtu.be/HPhHtE51YYM

2014-12-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Those are prop shadows.  They don't happen consistently, but sometimes, just the right angle with the sun in front, you might get them.
2014-12-8
Use props
snowglyder
New

United States

Just did a Google search and came up with this mention on a review: "you will also get the "shutter glare" effect when the sun filters through the rotating props and creates horizontal glare striping." Maybe it's normal and I just didn't experience it until now.

From this review: http://provideocoalition.com/jfo ... antom-2-vision-plus
2014-12-8
Use props
snowglyder
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-12-9 05:05
Those are prop shadows.  They don't happen consistently, but sometimes, just the right angle with th ...

Thanks for the reply! I should've refreshed the thread before posting my previous comment.
2014-12-8
Use props
jbedard
New

United States

i get the exact same thing.  i've discovered that i only get these lines when i push the right stick extreme forward quickly.  It tilts the phantom too much and result in those lines across the video (presumably from the shadows described in these additional responses to your message).  I avoid these lines, i simply gradually change direction instead of push the stick to an extreme too quickly.  
2014-12-28
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I bought one of these, it's light weight and works very well and it's easily removed when you want to put on the lens cap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/33135121 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2014-12-28
Use props
fans6a26a38b
New

Malaysia

Dude we have some problem.. Do u  solve it?
2017-4-9
Use props
elomda
New

Australia

Having the same issue but through HDMI output.. any update on this?
2017-7-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

elomda Posted at 2017-7-13 21:50
Having the same issue but through HDMI output.. any update on this?

No, his problem was prop shadow, yours might be different. Post a video so we can see the problem.
2017-7-13
Use props
elomda
New

Australia

Here is a video of my issue,  YouTube link is a bit compressed but Dropbox has complete unedited video from the recording off the hdmi output on the transmitter.

Here are the links below:

https://youtu.be/ftnkRA-LyQw

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dgnbdmz3n0mlh1/Capture0035.mov?dl=0
2017-7-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

elomda Posted at 2017-7-14 14:14
Here is a video of my issue,  YouTube link is a bit compressed but Dropbox has complete unedited video from the recording off the hdmi output on the transmitter.

Here are the links below:

Your problem is completely different, you have a hum loop in the feed to whatever is recording the output of the HDMI feed. You would not get this effect on the recording on the SD card in the aircraft.

Just guessing here, but I imagine you have the HDMI feed going to a mains powered recording device of some sort. It is the mains connection that is causing the hum loop. But I also wonder why you want to do this, because you are recording the FPV output of the aircraft, with all its glitches and limitations. Why not use the recording on the SD card in the aircraft, it has none of these problems?

2017-7-14
Use props
Legacy
New
France

Hi, by the look of your footage, it seems to me that you may be talking about the lines coming from top to bottom of the screen, this is the white autobalance kicking in. I would advise that you switch off autobalance of whites and set them at -1 or -2. The footage will come out darker but without the flickering and changes and can easily be edited in post-processing. Hope this helps.
2017-9-25
Use props
mazymus
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever solve it?  
2017-10-30
Use props
mazymus
lvl.1
United States

mazymus Posted at 2017-10-30 18:50
Did you ever solve it?

I get them too on bright days. I wonder its because the shutter is going so fast, that it's actually capturing the super fast shadows from the blade. Maybe ND filter will cause the shutter to slow down, and in essence "blur" the super fast frequency shadows cause by the propellors

2017-10-30
Use props
fanse3377b9b
New
United States

Coming it late to this feed, but I recently had a similar issue. Can you guys take a look at this video and let me know if you think it is a prop shadow issue. It does seem to make sense, but I noticed other odd things happening while in flight. For example the screen would flash white on my iPhone8 Plus and the controls would seem to be a little off, but then it would seem to correct itself. Very odd.

It wont let me post the a link in this feed.
2018-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules