892 3 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
United States

In Canada, the FPV drone must to registered.  Owners of registered drones are compelled by law to keep a flight log.  My many other DJI drones keep a flight record in their flight app (Go, Go4 & Flight) which I transcribe to an Excel spreadsheet.  The DJI FPV and Avata drones do not as they are not controlled via an app.
Is it possible to create an automated flight log from an FPV or Avata drone?

To me, it should be possible to connect an FPV or Avata drone to the Flight app download the flight info, and create log entries.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for reaching out. You may synchronize the flight records using the DJI Fly and then export them from your phone. Below are the details:
How to synchronize flight records:
1)Please make sure that the DJI FLY App is version V1.3.0 and above.
2)Connect the DJI Goggles to the DJI Fly app through the following methods:
Method 1: You can connect the DJI Goggles to a smartphone via an OTG cable and a Type-C or Lightning cable.
Method 2: You can connect the DJI Goggles to a smartphone via a Type-C to Type-C PD Cable or Type-C to Lightning cable.
3)When the “sync flight data to the cloud automatically over Wi-Fi and view it on other devices” prompt appears, it is recommended to turn on the automatic synchronization flight record function; it can also be set manually, the main interface [profile]>[Settings]>[Sync Flight Data]>[Auto-flight Records]. As shown below:

Flight Record and Simplified Data Export:
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the PC, and then export the "flightrecord" folder.

iOS device:
Connect mobile device that has been connected to the DJI FPV Goggles V2 to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder.

For the flight log, you may export them by following the steps below:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from the official website. Download link:
(https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/dji-fpv).
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series). Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series) recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
2023-8-27
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-27 17:20
Hi, Hummingbird.UAV. Thank you for reaching out. You may synchronize the flight records using the DJI Fly and then export them from your phone. Below are the details:
How to synchronize flight records:
1)Please make sure that the DJI FLY App is version V1.3.0 and above.

Thanks, Gamora, worked for me.
2023-8-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Related questions, what controls when the goggles will download logs to a phone?
Or is there a way of forcing the download?
I ask because sometimes it starts straight away with a message that reads
"Synchronising flightrecords from goggles to your local device x% complete. "
and  sometimes it does not.
Also sometimes it appears to stick at a percentage and I am never sure if it has lost connection through a cable disconnect or if it is doing something else.
Just now it appears struck at 75%.

What is the source of the "Black Box Data"?
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules