Camera Exposure Settings Locked
1074 7 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flynamic UAV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1450262 ft
United States

While using timed shot intervals on the Mavic 3 Enterprise in Pilot 2 App when i start shooting (1 second intervals) i am not able to make any changes to the camera's exposure compensation. The camera exposure controls become greyed out....Shooting in Aperture Priority at fixed ISO 100  F/3.5 - letting the camera control the shutter speed.

Is there a way to allow exposure compensation chages using the controller joystick when flying using the interval timer?

It is common that the scene lighting changes as the drone moves around the subject and positive or negative expsure compensation is required.

Thanks hive mind!

camera ev controls not available

camera ev controls not available
2023-8-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

No you can't change this while it's taking a photo. You can if you set the interval higher than 1s. In aperture priority mode, the camera controlling the shutter speed is your exposure compensation. So unless the sun comes into the frame you shouldn't have to adjust this value. This would be similar to having it in AF Continuous but also wanting manual control. That's not apples to apples but it's close.

If you really need it then set your timer to higher than 1s and be quick with your adjustments. It still can't be changed while the photo is taking.
2023-8-27
Use props
Flynamic UAV
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-27 15:01
No you can't change this while it's taking a photo. You can if you set the interval higher than 1s. In aperture priority mode, the camera controlling the shutter speed is your exposure compensation. So unless the sun comes into the frame you shouldn't have to adjust this value. This would be similar to having it in AF Continuous but also wanting manual control. That's not apples to apples but it's close.

If you really need it then set your timer to higher than 1s and be quick with your adjustments. It still can't be changed while the photo is taking.

Interesting thanks. So the limiting factor is the interval time being 1 second or faster...
I do need to change this while flying as i'm orbiting a cell tower. When the sun is low in the sky one side of the tower is bright and requires -ve exposure compensation and the other side of the tower is super dark when facing the sun and requires +,ve exposure compensation beyond the adjustments the aperture priority mode is making itself. Thanks for your input.
2023-8-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13538875 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flynamic UAV Posted at 8-27 15:19
Interesting thanks. So the limiting factor is the interval time being 1 second or faster...
I do need to change this while flying as i'm orbiting a cell tower. When the sun is low in the sky one side of the tower is bright and requires -ve exposure compensation and the other side of the tower is super dark when facing the sun and requires +,ve exposure compensation beyond the adjustments the aperture priority mode is making itself. Thanks for your input.

Nope sorry I was wrong. I just tried it myself and you can't change EV while the timer is running. I guess I was thinking of changing the focus.
2023-8-27
Use props
Flynamic UAV
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 8-27 17:00
Nope sorry I was wrong. I just tried it myself and you can't change EV while the timer is running. I guess I was thinking of changing the focus.

Yes you are now right, in testing today the Ev value can not be changed while shooting regardless of the shutter interval. Here's hoping they fix this in a future update. ARE YOU LISTENING DJI?
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Flynamic UAV. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-9-2
Use props
Flynamic UAV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-2 04:30
Hi, Flynamic UAV. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.

Thanks woulds love for this feature to be fixed in a future update - changing the EV while taking photos is a basic photo feature that my Phantom and any camera is able to do easily. I look forward to your update.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Flynamic UAV Posted at 9-2 16:37
Thanks woulds love for this feature to be fixed in a future update - changing the EV while taking photos is a basic photo feature that my Phantom and any camera is able to do easily. I look forward to your update.

Hi, Flynamic UAV. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed from our relevant team that Mavic 3T does not support adjusting exposure compensation during timed interval shooting this is to ensure the stability of camera photography. It is recommended to stop first the camera from shooting, and then adjust the exposure compensation. We will also provide feedback on this functional requirement to engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules