Using waypoints on dji mini 3 pro
5384 11 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8iF9Fvv0qRTz
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hey guys,

I am working on a project that requires me to record a video of a construction site over time and then merge it into a single video which shows progresion over time. The problem is, that the drone doesn't support waypoints on it's own (besides hyperlapse which isn't what I'm looking for). So what are my options? I've found about dronelink and litchi app, but I'm not exactly sure which one would suit my needs better.

Does anybody have any experience with waypoitns on mini 3 pro in general. Are they precise enough to stich together multiple videos?

Thanks

2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_8iF9Fvv0qRTz. Thank you for reaching out. We don't have any information with the 3rd party applications. Hope you can get information from our fellow pilots here. For the Hyperlapse function, what we can recommend is just edit the videos using PC software for you to stitch them together and for a better outcome.
2023-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You might be best on the Litchi forum - https://forum.flylitchi.com
2023-8-27
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Litchi has stopped enrollment for beta tester as of now & only developed limited feature since they need to make a new app finally due to new SDK.

Dronelink is now no more in beta, its available to buy & has developed more features .
Its expensive plans have a feature called AGL height support of terrain for waypoint flight that is what will give you accurate videos to seamlessly merge in single video.

You will need android phone along with RC N1 controller to use dronelink app.

Hope this helps.
2023-8-28
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

you can use the hyperlapse feature, where waypoints are available.
I use this for the same purpose as you project
2023-8-28
Use props
djiuser_8iF9Fvv0qRTz
lvl.1
Slovenia

UweE Posted at 8-28 01:46
you can use the hyperlapse feature, where waypoints are available.
I use this for the same purpose as you project

How accurate are the waypoints for timelapse? I've read somewhere that it's really inaccurate in regards to height but haven't had the chance to test it out myself
2023-8-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

djiuser_8iF9Fvv0qRTz Posted at 8-28 02:12
How accurate are the waypoints for timelapse? I've read somewhere that it's really inaccurate in regards to height but haven't had the chance to test it out myself

Based on barometric pressure changes it can change height from 5-50m what I have heard from others, its unacceptable in many cases where you plan to shoot through 4 seasons.
2023-8-28
Use props
Strax
lvl.1
Slovenia

Ranjan Posted at 8-28 05:04
Based on barometric pressure changes it can change height from 5-50m what I have heard from others, its unacceptable in many cases where you plan to shoot through 4 seasons.

But this isn't the case if you use 3rd party such as dronelink/litchi? Basically I'm not sure if it's only an issue with the default waypoints or in general
2023-8-28
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Strax Posted at 8-28 06:17
But this isn't the case if you use 3rd party such as dronelink/litchi? Basically I'm not sure if it's only an issue with the default waypoints or in general

Dronelink app has AGL feature in its pro plan which measures actual ground level based height along with gps height so that gives higher & consistent accuracy. I have no first hand experience which it but thats what dronelink users have reported.
2023-8-28
Use props
fans14e452ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149400 ft
Australia

Buy a Mini 4 Pro. Problem solved. Waypointmap.com can do the waypoint missions to import to the drone.
3-16 02:44
Use props
jshields67
New
United States

Is there any plan or chance the Mini 3 Pro in going to get a waypoint update? I really need this option and my 3 is low usage and still in perfect condition and not ready for replacement or upgrade. I have need to shoot the same scenes at different times of the year and honestly I'm not that good a remembering how I setup each shot. Also, the waypoint can do a much better job than me capturing a scene and making the movements I want, resulting in better quality video. I understand that DJI doesn't want to undersell the M4P, but most of us who bought the 3 just before the 4 came out aren't going to dump it so quickly. I dont plan to upgrade until M5P or later when the sensor is improved.

So please give us this update, we need it!
3-29 21:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jshields67 Posted at 3-29 21:50
Is there any plan or chance the Mini 3 Pro in going to get a waypoint update? I really need this option and my 3 is low usage and still in perfect condition and not ready for replacement or upgrade. I have need to shoot the same scenes at different times of the year and honestly I'm not that good a remembering how I setup each shot. Also, the waypoint can do a much better job than me capturing a scene and making the movements I want, resulting in better quality video. I understand that DJI doesn't want to undersell the M4P, but most of us who bought the 3 just before the 4 came out aren't going to dump it so quickly. I dont plan to upgrade until M5P or later when the sensor is improved.

So please give us this update, we need it!

Hi, jshields67. DJI has not yet announced any plans about adding the Waypoint feature in Mini 3 Pro without using the Hyperlapse. Rest assured your feedback is recorded and will be submitted to the relevant team for evaluation. We deeply appreciate your support.
3-30 02:35
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules