1064 13 2023-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Flew around my garden within max. 30 meters away from remote control and Goggles 2. As you can see in the last seconds of the video the problem is inside the Air Unit and not the Goggles 2, only the camera image freezes, the OSD is still updating.

Is this a known issue or am I the first to run into this?
2023-8-29
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Additional Infos:
- video ends because I disarmed fast to not fly further blind
- after disarming camera started working again, no need to switch anything off, just got the drone, rearmed and started again
2023-8-29
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Could it have been heat or voltage?
2023-8-29
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Both no. Voltage around 23V = 6S (see OSD) and ambient temps 20°C. I did fly my O3 drones also at 30+°C and no problem at all. Until this moment now.
2023-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SeehawerB. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking, we'll let you know once we receive an update. Thank you.
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, SeehawerB. Thank you for patiently waiting. Our relevant team would like to request for the log files of DJI O3 Air Unit and DJI Goggles 2 for further analysis. Please export the log files from both devices using the  Download DJI Assistant 2. Kindly follow the steps below:

(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link: (https://www.dji.com/hk-en/downlo ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series).
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the 03/Goggles is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the devices, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

Once the required information has been completed, please upload them to a shareable link like Google Drive or DropBox then send us the link via PM. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
2023-9-6
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I'm preparing the files, link coming in some minutes.
2023-9-6
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

You've got PM
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_oAaqSVsaMhg4
lvl.1

Germany

Have you been able to solve the issue? I‘m having the exact same problem.

Grüße aus Niederbayern
2-20 12:52
Use props
djiuser_MXDfUjOyZo6X
lvl.1

United States

I also have this issue. Can I submit logs?
2-20 22:33
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_oAaqSVsaMhg4 Posted at 2-20 12:52
Have you been able to solve the issue? I‘m having the exact same problem.

Grüße aus Niederbayern

Hallöchen aus der Hauptstadt

Did submit flight data to DJI but never got a feedback or even a solution. It happened only once up to now but one time is one too much. Hopefully I will never have to land a drone again by force without any possibility to see what's going on around and beneath the drone.
2-20 23:18
Use props
djiuser_oAaqSVsaMhg4
lvl.1

Germany

I had that issue also back in November 2023, IIRC. I provided all the necessary data to both DJI and iFlight.

Response from DJI: They do not provide support in this case. I bought the device from iFlight - I should get support from their side.

Response from iFlight: I have to send the device in. Considering that I‘m from the EU, that costs an insane amount of money plus it takes months until I will receive my drone again.

Then the issue disappeared for a few months. But had it happen again just a few days ago…

If someone from DJI support is reading this: Would it be possible to analyze the logs? Maybe it‘s a rare bug in the firmware. Don‘t you want to fix it? I still have all the log files, DVR, etc.

I‘m building my next drone in a few months. I consider switching to another OEM right now…
2-21 10:41
Use props
djiuser_oAaqSVsaMhg4
lvl.1

Germany

Bump. Anyone from DJI interested in the logs?
3-4 07:43
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_oAaqSVsaMhg4 Posted at 2-21 10:41
I had that issue also back in November 2023, IIRC. I provided all the necessary data to both DJI and iFlight.

Response from DJI: They do not provide support in this case. I bought the device from iFlight - I should get support from their side.

Reminds me of when I got my first O3.  I had a complete black out of video one time.  I ended up powering the O3 with its own 12v regulator instead of the flight controller's (Holybro Kakute F7.)  No blackouts since then.  There's a video on Youtube with a guy who was reviewing an iFilght Nazul and it blacked out when he was flying over a lake.  It was probably the flight controller's regulator not powerful enough for the O3.

I also bought a bind-and-fly from iFlight (Chimera 7), and the Air Unit's (the older gray one) camera on it gave a corrupted image and sometimes blacked out in warm and humid weather.  iFlight pretty much gave me the middle finger.  Absolutely zero support from them.  Same with Caddx (which was selling these Air Units.)  DJi stepped up for me an got me a replacement camera unit which has been working perfectly since then.  It was a lot of work making videos, screenshots and diagnosing it for the DJI techs.  Honestly, I would have just bought a replacement for less hassle, but the OG Ait Unit cameras are no longer made.
3-8 07:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules