Mobile SDK for Air 3?
5490 50 2023-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Tony
Administrator

Flying_Rosco Posted at 2-11 13:09
I've been watching this thread for months and am shocked that DJI is so inconsistent in their SDK development. Being at the forefront of an industry that is growing exponentially, it only makes sense to support new users and expand their capabilities. Constantly changing directions only damages consumer trust.

In a well-developed product line, a new user may start with the lower-end products but, as their skills develop, move into more capable, higher-priced products. I have done that with Apple, Canon, Subaru, Honda and numerous other brands.  

We appreciate your feedback. DJI has not yet announced any plans for SDK support for Air 3. Rest assured, we are actively submitting your requests to the relevant team for evaluation. Any news will be announced officially by DJI. We appreciate your patience.
2-11 20:12
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 2-11 13:35
Too early for a new model to get SDK support,takes at least a year or so.That is the way it is.

The probelm in that case is that we are never going to have the SDK for this model
2-11 22:13
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 2-11 13:35
Too early for a new model to get SDK support,takes at least a year or so.That is the way it is.

The problem in that case is that we are never goning to have the SDK for this model
2-11 22:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Fozando Posted at 2-11 22:14
The problem in that case is that we are never goning to have the SDK for this model

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Currently, there's no information related to this matter. Please stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2-13 01:46
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 01:46
Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Currently, there's no information related to this matter. Please stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.

There is not going to be an update regarding this topic. Don't try to lie us
2-13 04:25
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

Why doesn't dji just offer enterprise options for mapping to
Capable devices like air 3 mavic 3 pro and any drone Capable of using it. Then charge a fair subscription free for it so you don't have to be limited to buying a certain drone
Why do that when you could make more money by offering it to every drone Capable of using it. So you look at all the money your basically Throwing away, I'm not going to go buy a $7000 enterprise drone so you aren't making money from me. But I already have a Capable air 3 drone  
So if you offered a fair priced subscription then look your making money off me every month instead of nothing at all. Like who do you have working in your Financial department because you basically missing a huge chance to make money from customers you normally wouldn't get a cent from because most people don't want to by enterprise drone just for the mapping capability, please use reason pass this on to your hire ups and say you are missing out on a whole bunch of money
3-15 08:07
Use props
Andrieux
lvl.1

Brazil

CMON DJI i bought AIR 3 for work ans now its useles,  i still use Mavic Pro because of that.  RELEASE the SDK. !!!
3-29 14:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Andrieux Posted at 3-29 14:12
CMON DJI i bought AIR 3 for work ans now its useles,  i still use Mavic Pro because of that.  RELEASE the SDK. !!!

Hi there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
3-29 20:27
Use props
djiuser_zOJIVcuO0YzD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1015863 ft
United States

SDK on Air? Yes
SDK on Air 2? Yes
SDK on Air 2S? Yes
SDK on Air 3? No?

What is wrong with this picture?  We have multiple Air 2S which are important to our business. We wanted to do the logical upgrade and purchased the Air 3 with the intention to purchase several more. Cannot be used with mapping control platforms - DroneDeploy, etc.

We are returning the Air 3 to Adorama today. This was a huge mistake by DJI to withhold this extremely simple technology from the Air 3 after including it on the 3 drones in this line that came before it.
4-2 12:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_zOJIVcuO0YzD Posted at 4-2 12:37
SDK on Air? Yes
SDK on Air 2? Yes
SDK on Air 2S? Yes

Hi there. We deeply regret that we fell short of your expectations. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
4-2 21:09
Use props
Handers360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20036 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_zOJIVcuO0YzD Posted at 4-2 12:37
SDK on Air? Yes
SDK on Air 2? Yes
SDK on Air 2S? Yes

You can take a look at https://www.waypointmap.com/, where you can find a solution for flying waypoint missions.
4-3 10:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules