1296 5 2023-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Dvdo7z4QREVL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1547946 ft
Poland

Hello,
Please tell me if there are any settings in DJI Fly to adjust the speed (smoothness) of the digital zoom in / zoom out? I'm talking about zooming in / out. No matter what camera I use in Air 3, i.e.:
-24 mm wide angle camera: 1-3x digital zoom
-70 mm medium tele camera: 3-9x digital zoom

it is not possible with the right knob (dial button) in DJ RC 2 to zoom as slowly as it was in the RC-N1 controller for DJI Mavic Air 2. For comparison, the slowest zoom that can be achieved for 24 mm wide angle camera: 1-3x digital zoom is as follows:
-DJI Mavic Air 2: around 15-20 seconds (slow, smooth, cinematic zooming)
-DJI Air 3: around 5-7 seconds (quick, sometimes even very fast zooming)

I've been flying for some time and I definitely exclude the smoothness of my movements, so the question is, what is the reason for this? Is this the case with the new DJI RC 2 and DJI RC 1 controllers? Does it work the same for RC-N2 (new Air 3 controller with phone connected)? I really care about extending these zooms and doing a slow dolly zoom, so the question is whether changing to this controller where the phone is connected will help? If it's the fault of the latest software, is there any plans to restore it in the future?
By the way, I found some zooming recommendations, but they don't help. I'm talking about things like:
1) When controlling with DJI RC 2, use the dial on the right side of the controller to zoom in or out.
This is exactly what I am talking about - the lack of smooth zooming

2) Tap and hold the zoom button in the DJI Fly app, and drag it up and down to adjust camera zoom.
However, this does not work - not a convenient option, it jerks terribly, there is no option to move your fingers to make the zoom smooth

3) Use two fingers on the screen to zoom in or out.
Same as before.

4) You may check in the Gain & Expo setting: Camera view
Nothing there related with zoom adjustment.

Thank you for your answer.
Regards,
Jakub

2023-8-30
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46798589 ft
  • >>>
United States

So no  response to this question? The zoom is barely usable the way it now on the mini 4, air3, and mavic 3 pro
3-6 09:14
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

We need smoothing setting at a minimum.
3-6 09:16
Use props
fans784f71b4
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

3-6 09:16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jakub. Thank you for reaching out. The zoom smoothness is default and there's no way to change it. But I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
3-7 00:57
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans784f71b4 Posted at 3-6 09:16

We're sorry for the inconvenience, fans784f71b4. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern as well to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
3-7 00:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules