Air 3 SDK or DJI Fly update?
9535 68 2023-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_54ZT4vSUsnIq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13839 ft

United States

For those buyers thinking about buying the air three or Mavic three series drones, but want to be able to use third-party apps should consider bumping up your budget to around $2000 and purchasing the Autel evo pro max v3    Air 3 and Mavic 3 series will NEVER get SDK support
3-10 11:42
Use props
Andrieux
lvl.1

Brazil

Cmon DJI i bought an AIR 3 and i cant sell my Old Drone because of no AIR 3 SDK Still
3-11 13:48
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Andrieux Posted at 3-11 13:48
Cmon DJI i bought an AIR 3 and i cant sell my Old Drone because of no AIR 3 SDK Still

We understand the inconvenience. DJI has no announcement at the moment regarding the SDK support for the Air 3. Rest assured we are actively submitting your concerns to the relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.
3-11 22:07
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 22:07
We understand the inconvenience. DJI has no announcement at the moment regarding the SDK support for the Air 3. Rest assured we are actively submitting your concerns to the relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.

Stop with the lies DJI Tony, stop with the lies...
3-11 22:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Fozando Posted at 3-11 22:18
Stop with the lies DJI Tony, stop with the lies...

Hi. I assure you we really are submitting every request to the relevant team to handle. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
3-12 02:57
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

Please dji think about the money your losing out on, I will never by an enterprise drone it cost to much and I just want to have the mapping options, so just from this I am a customer you are no longer making money from, but I own an air 3 and a very capable drone for mapping, Why not offer a subscription for mapping and all the features you get with an enterprise drone, what's better making money or not at all, you are missing out on money that would be every month from people you normally would never make more money off, after Accessories for the drone that's it with after care. So why not make a fair priced subscription based system for the capable drones that's can handle it like the mavic line and air 3 as well, this would not be hard to Develop consider you all ready have it you just need to add in the drones to enjoy enterprise mapping software all while making more money off of people wouldn't be other wise, surely you see Financial opportunity  here how could you not
3-15 08:21
Use props
djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-12 02:57
Hi. I assure you we really are submitting every request to the relevant team to handle. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.

So what is the plan for releasing the SDK for the Air 3...since you released it for the Air and Air2?
3-15 10:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi Posted at 3-15 10:51
So what is the plan for releasing the SDK for the Air 3...since you released it for the Air and Air2?

Hi. Currently, DJI has not made any announcements regarding its plans. Any updates will be available on DJI's official website or by visiting https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
3-16 03:09
Use props
djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-16 03:09
Hi. Currently, DJI has not made any announcements regarding its plans. Any updates will be available on DJI's official website or by visiting https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Other people have mentioned in this forum topic that DJI is planning to never release the SDK for the Air 3 or the Mavic 3?

Is this true?

Thanks!  
3-18 10:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi Posted at 3-18 10:31
Other people have mentioned in this forum topic that DJI is planning to never release the SDK for the Air 3 or the Mavic 3?

Is this true?

Hello. We currently have no information indicating that DJI will not support SDK on Air 3 or Mavic 3. However, there are plans to have more drones to support SDK within the next year and a half. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for any news and updates or go to https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your patience.
3-19 02:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL Posted at 3-15 08:21
Please dji think about the money your losing out on, I will never by an enterprise drone it cost to much and I just want to have the mapping options, so just from this I am a customer you are no longer making money from, but I own an air 3 and a very capable drone for mapping, Why not offer a subscription for mapping and all the features you get with an enterprise drone, what's better making money or not at all, you are missing out on money that would be every month from people you normally would never make more money off, after Accessories for the drone that's it with after care. So why not make a fair priced subscription based system for the capable drones that's can handle it like the mavic line and air 3 as well, this would not be hard to Develop consider you all ready have it you just need to add in the drones to enjoy enterprise mapping software all while making more money off of people wouldn't be other wise, surely you see Financial opportunity  here how could you not

We understand the importance of this request. We are actively submitting your feedback to the respective teams to evaluate this. We are hoping for your patience and understanding.
3-19 02:26
Use props
djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-19 02:22
Hello. We currently have no information indicating that DJI will not support SDK on Air 3 or Mavic 3. However, there are plans to have more drones to support SDK within the next year and a half. Please pay attention to the DJI official website for any news and updates or go to https://developer.dji.com/. Thank you for your patience.

What do you mean by more drones...does that include the Air 3 and Mavic 3?

I'm not interested in buying an additional drone...I need it for the Air 3 that I  have...

If you are going to discontinue supporting a product line by not releasing the SDK for it you need to disclose this information before selling the product so people can base their purchase decision on whether the drone is going to be able able to do what the previous drones in that class can currently do....

and not be tricked into buying a toy....
3-19 07:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi Posted at 3-19 07:13
What do you mean by more drones...does that include the Air 3 and Mavic 3?

I'm not interested in buying an additional drone...I need it for the Air 3 that I  have...

Hi. Sorry, I did not mean new drones, I meant existing drones will support SDK. The models have not yet been specified. Rest assured we are actively reviewing customer's feedback and forwarding it to the relevant department. Our sole goal is to ensure your satisfaction, and we are committed to making improvements based on your valuable insights. Thank you for your patience.
3-20 03:22
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

As long as the Dev team have already scheduled the activity on next developments, goodbye SDK for this 2 drones.
Will not make it. Nobody invests resources in an activity that is not producing money for DJI....and this consumer drone will be EOL soon, as AIR3 PRO or S or how will name it will appear.
Period.
3-21 01:51
Use props
djiuser_zOJIVcuO0YzD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1015863 ft
United States

If the Air 3 won't do photogrammetry via SDK, it's a toy. We have an early Air 2S for our photogrammetry platform and just bought a new Air 3 to replace it. Now we discovered that it does not have SDK (which is ridiculous).

We have no choice but to return it for a full refund. Sorry Adorama, but we're calling you tomorrow. We'll keep flying the Air 2S as long as we can and then find something from a different company, not DJI. Big mistake DJI to withhold such simple technology from a drone that would be a great photogrammetry drone, if - and only if - it had SDK. Really a HUGE disappointment.
3-21 21:10
Use props
djiuser_sraKtaJt7suY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 171572 ft
United States

I should have checked further as well. (my Bad) I want to fly KML missions but the Air 3 currently does not support this. So I guess it's back to Mini 2 flying with Litchi.
3-29 11:15
Use props
djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8079705 ft
Canada

They don't even need to do an sdk all they need to do is a firmware update that gives the option of purchase enterprise level mapping for drones that can use it like the air 3. Think of the money they could make if they sold us affordable subscription based mapping built in to the dji software app maybe they could set it up to where you download an app that connects you to there enterprise mapping, all the software where is already there they jusy need to add the drone subscriptions
4-1 08:00
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

My Autel Lite+ drone does not have an SDK available either,so it is not available for all Autel drones.
4-1 08:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL Posted at 4-1 08:00
They don't even need to do an sdk all they need to do is a firmware update that gives the option of purchase enterprise level mapping for drones that can use it like the air 3. Think of the money they could make if they sold us affordable subscription based mapping built in to the dji software app maybe they could set it up to where you download an app that connects you to there enterprise mapping, all the software where is already there they jusy need to add the drone subscriptions

Hi there. We appreciate your suggestion.  What we can do is submit this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback and evaluate it. Any news or updates will be announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. Thank you for your patience.
4-2 01:31
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

djiuser_jRG8FFLF28JL Posted at 4-1 08:00

You and you alone made the decision to purchase the Air3,and should have known beforehand
that no SDK is currently available for that drone.
So it is on you and not DJI.
Sure it would be nice to have an SDK for the Air 3,but it doesnt.
It still has the waypoint feature in the app.
If you need a different feature then get an older model that has an SDK for it
and use that and be done with it period.
4-2 07:22
Use props
djiuser_jDlQTHmbErHi
lvl.2

United States

All please fill out and rate the MSDK here...
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnf91u1JoCU1IxBYT5Xs9ncZcmDpfxaO1X0gQVdEiG_Q8cyQ/viewform
MSDK servery
4-6 07:44
Use props
djiuser_pv5UsSeD1IRk
New

United States

Release SDK for air 3. Ridiculous that its not out yet, yet alone not even working on providing it with SDK when it has everything integrated already.
4-10 09:09
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

djiuser_pv5UsSeD1IRk Posted at 4-10 09:09
Release SDK for air 3. Ridiculous that its not out yet, yet alone not even working on providing it with SDK when it has everything integrated already.

Thay commited a big mistake saying that the Mavic 3 was going to have its SDK released and finally it seems that's not gonna happen. They aren't going to repeat the same with the newest models like the Air 3 and forthcoming drones at least they were completely stupids.
4-10 10:20
Use props
SkipH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582956 ft
United States

I work with first responders and a 3rd party program DroneSense. For us to use a drone, compatibility with DS is an absolute must. I cannot recommend the Air 3 without this compatibility.
4-19 04:18
Use props
djiuser_JGgqHPyJi001
lvl.1

Greece

Please add polygonal and fixed geometry grid mission planning to the DJI Fly App for AIR3. Curved mission with waypoints is not always useful or safe, and it's battery consuming.
4-28 06:15
Use props
Wyldwestaz10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1099068 ft
United States

djiuser_JGgqHPyJi001 Posted at 4-28 06:15
Please add polygonal and fixed geometry grid mission planning to the DJI Fly App for AIR3. Curved mission with waypoints is not always useful or safe, and it's battery consuming.

This has been requested on another thread or two which you can search for and add to the already  suggested feature which may help to push it through. I doubt they will add mapping but you never know. The most important feature for me and others as mentioned in other threads is adding the ability to change from Bézier curves to straight paths, (with curved corners). The more pilots that add their comments requesting three specific features the more chance they may implement it. At least this way a decent form of mapping can be created much easier. Anyway, just some info. Enjoy.
4-28 14:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_JGgqHPyJi001 Posted at 4-28 06:15

Thank you for the feedback. We are actively sending all your requests to the related team to handle. Any news or updates are officially announced on the DJI official website or in the DJI Forum. We appreciate your patience and valued support.
4-28 19:13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_pv5UsSeD1IRk Posted at 4-10 09:09
Release SDK for air 3. Ridiculous that its not out yet, yet alone not even working on providing it with SDK when it has everything integrated already.

Hi there. Thank you for the feedback. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. Have a nice day.
4-28 19:19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SkipH Posted at 4-19 04:18
I work with first responders and a 3rd party program DroneSense. For us to use a drone, compatibility with DS is an absolute must. I cannot recommend the Air 3 without this compatibility.

I understand the importance of this request. DJI has not yet announced any plans about the Air 3 SDK support. Your concern will be forwarded to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. For any news, please visit the https://developer.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience.
4-28 19:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules