1234Next >
12261 131 2023-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KC-FPV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169997 ft
United States

Saw there was supposed to be an update to enable Remote ID and the DJI FPV drone and it wouldn't need a separate broadcast module, per this thread: [New reminder]Remote ID Statement (07/01/2023) | DJI FORUM; anyone know if/when that would happen?  
Also didn't see the DJI FPV on the FAA Declaration of Compliance web site: Find your aircraft Declaration of Compliance (faa.gov).  So I'm wondering IF the DJI FPV will be Remote ID compliant?  I really want to keep flying this thing without a separate module if possible.  Thanks
2023-8-31
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be able to enter the RID Serial Number on the FAA website when it becomes available to the DJI FPV.
2023-8-31
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the latest sw update, my DJI FPV will not start motors unless I connect my mobile using the fly app to clear the RID error.  There is no FAA RID on the list.  We have 16 days to gain compliance.  Problem I see if once you start motors, you can disconnect the mobile and RID is shutoff.
2023-8-31
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use the goggles integra you don't need your phone. I was also able to register my fpv drone on the faa site.
2023-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please note that the firmware upgrade for the DJI FPV drone containing the remote ID compliance will be available by August 31, 2023, at the latest. We will surely let you know once the update is released. Furthermore, please try the serial number lookup option under the FAA Declaration of compliance website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-31
Use props
moonbox
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please note that the firmware upgrade for the DJI FPV drone containing the remote ID compliance will be available by August 31, 2023, at the latest. We will surely let you know once the update is released. Furthermore, please try the serial number lookup option under the FAA Declaration of compliance website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I still can not find dji fpv at the faa compliance page I updated all my fpv gear using dji assistent2 and have my fly app on my cell phone that is plugged into my head set. Looks like its broadcasting ........but how the heck do I register my drone if the faa without the faa  recogniozing my fpv as compliant??>?? Its aug 31st yo
2023-8-31
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 18:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please note that the firmware upgrade for the DJI FPV drone containing the remote ID compliance will be available by August 31, 2023, at the latest. We will surely let you know once the update is released. Furthermore, please try the serial number lookup option under the FAA Declaration of compliance website. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the reply.  I did not get any update in the last day.  So far I don't see any Remote ID settings in the goggles v2 or anywhere else to be able to register it on the FAA Drone Zone site.  Also, on the FAA Declaration of Compliance web site, the DJI FPV is not listed at all.  When will this actually be updated to be compliant?  I did also try the serial number lookup on the FAA Declaration of Compliance web site, but as you can see by the below screenshot, nothing is found.  Thanks

2023-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

moonbox Posted at 8-31 21:05
I still can not find dji fpv at the faa compliance page I updated all my fpv gear using dji assistent2 and have my fly app on my cell phone that is plugged into my head set. Looks like its broadcasting ........but how the heck do I register my drone if the faa without the faa  recogniozing my fpv as compliant??>?? Its aug 31st yo

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for clarification. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
2023-9-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't get too worried as Remote ID seems to have been shelved for the time being.
2023-9-2
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-2 05:46
I wouldn't get too worried as Remote ID seems to have been shelved for the time being.

I heard; but while it's delayed, Remote ID is coming whether we like it or not, and i'm definately not liking it.   I really want at least one of my drones to be compliant so I don't have to shell out for an annoying strap on part.  
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12051 ft
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-2 08:09
I heard; but while it's delayed, Remote ID is coming whether we like it or not, and i'm definately not liking it.   I really want at least one of my drones to be compliant so I don't have to shell out for an annoying strap on part.

I upgraded my DJI FPV drone, still can't register it, Serial number isn't found and it is not broadcasting the remote ID even though it shows it is working properly in the goggles.  No RID-xxxxxxxx in WAN scanning / broadcast at all. This firmware is supposed to be RID compliant but it is not broadcasting as it should, makes no sense to me.
2023-9-2
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 8-31 13:14
If you use the goggles integra you don't need your phone. I was also able to register my fpv drone on the faa site.

The Avata is approved, it is NOT the same drone the OP is talking about.  
Here is the drone, same as his picture.. Same drone I'm having the same problem.
https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv?vid=101601&pbc=dapforum&utm_source=djiforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=forum_PersonalPage&utm_term=Forum&utm_content=Forum
2023-9-2
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-2 19:25
I upgraded my DJI FPV drone, still can't register it, Serial number isn't found and it is not broadcasting the remote ID even though it shows it is working properly in the goggles.  No RID-xxxxxxxx in WAN scanning / broadcast at all. This firmware is supposed to be RID compliant but it is not broadcasting as it should, makes no sense to me.

Exactly!  They said a new firmware would be released to make SEVERAL of their models Remote ID compliant; but the first one up was the original FPV drone and so far, from what I see in the firmware and on the FAA site, that is not the case at all.  So have to ask the question, will this drone be Remote ID compliant and if so when?  
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-3 05:53
Exactly!  They said a new firmware would be released to make SEVERAL of their models Remote ID compliant; but the first one up was the original FPV drone and so far, from what I see in the firmware and on the FAA site, that is not the case at all.  So have to ask the question, will this drone be Remote ID compliant and if so when?

I understand about the FAA website, so agree with you there.  But, what is it about the DJI FPV firmware that you are having an issue with as far as RID is concerned?
2023-9-3
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 09:44
I understand about the FAA website, so agree with you there.  But, what is it about the DJI FPV firmware that you are having an issue with as far as RID is concerned?

Well, first and the most important is the FAA website; if it isn't listed there, it's "not compliant" at this point.  

But in the firmware itself, the Remote ID # should be listed so that you can enter it with your drone on the FAA Drone Zone website.  Currently there is nothing listed in any of the menu's in the goggles that says the Remote ID # to be able to register it.  Unless there is something i'm missing or whatever, they did say that a firmware update would allow it to not require a separate broadcase module.  Or if there is any other information that we are missing, so far I don't see this as being compliant as they stated in the Remote ID Statement on 7/1/2023: https://forum.dji.com/thread-293343-1-1.html

Also, people are saying Remote ID is delayed, but the FAA hasn't said ANYTHING as of yet, so at this point, it's still on.  And even IF they delay it, it WILL happen at some point, as there are too many big companies trying to make money in this space and we all know who has the say there.  
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

I tried again today, following the instructions I found with other DJI models.
I am using DJI FPV Googles V2 that came out with the original DJI FPV drone registered when it was first released.. (4 antenna, large headset version, not to be confused with the Integra style, new V2 models).

1> Fully charge your phone, controller, drone and Goggles battery. (otherwise, the googles will charge your phone using a USB-C to USB-C cables even though they say it won't charge your phone.  This kills the 1800 ma battery in a single flight)
2> Fully upgrade all Firmware to latest firmware versions on all components, confirm Remote ID is in the Googles under Status.
3> Find a separate device to monitor WiFi beacons so you can capture your RemoteID serial number because it does not show up in the Goggles or anywhere including the required connection to DJI FLY app before 'Remote ID Error' will go away.
4> Make sure all props are off the drone and take it outside to get a GPS signal if it doesn't work inside.
5> Start the motors once you have GPS and 'RemoteID is working properly' displays under status.
6> Using rapid Wifi scan on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz (even though it is really only 2.4ghz, who knows what DJI is doing so to be safe).
7> Wait for your RID-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx broadcast to show up.  

After waiting several times attempting this, the motors will shut off after a few minutes of inactivity but still no broadcast from the DJI FPV original drone.
Any response from DJI on this?
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 09:44

Firmware on my DJI FPV drone (140km/h racing drone) that does 60 mph is sport mode was the original FPV drone released a couple years ago.  It is the latest and RID compliant.  How do I know? I no longer have the ability to downgrade. I beleive it is 1.0.4, Goggles are 1.0.7 and now I have the ability to connect to the newer models DJI Avata and OC3 Air unit.  Everything is up to date and Remote ID has to be satisfied with my phone GPS connected or it won't allow me to start the motors.
First and foremost, it is telling me, the user, that I am compliant and transmitting an RID that even if I didn't register with the FAA, it is telling me it is transmitting and compliant with the RadioID.  In the worse case where I didn't register and someone detected and law enforcement came calling, they would at least have the unregistered serial number, My location and flight information transmitted as required.  My biggest issue with this is DJI is telling me it is transmitting this information and there is no evidence to prove it is.   Even without me registering my drone, I am more compliant if I am transmitting with an unapproved RID device than I am not transmitting at all but thinking that I am.  Do you see the issue? This is more dangerous to me than just ignoring the rule because I think I'm transmitting the information but I am not.
2023-9-3
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 12:38
Firmware on my DJI FPV drone (140km/h racing drone) that does 60 mph is sport mode was the original FPV drone released a couple years ago.  It is the latest and RID compliant.  How do I know? I no longer have the ability to downgrade. I beleive it is 1.0.4, Goggles are 1.0.7 and now I have the ability to connect to the newer models DJI Avata and OC3 Air unit.  Everything is up to date and Remote ID has to be satisfied with my phone GPS connected or it won't allow me to start the motors.
First and foremost, it is telling me, the user, that I am compliant and transmitting an RID that even if I didn't register with the FAA, it is telling me it is transmitting and compliant with the RadioID.  In the worse case where I didn't register and someone detected and law enforcement came calling, they would at least have the unregistered serial number, My location and flight information transmitted as required.  My biggest issue with this is DJI is telling me it is transmitting this information and there is no evidence to prove it is.   Even without me registering my drone, I am more compliant if I am transmitting with an unapproved RID device than I am not transmitting at all but thinking that I am.  Do you see the issue? This is more dangerous to me than just ignoring the rule because I think I'm transmitting the information but I am not.

DJI definitely needs to clarify this.  Will this be listed on the FAA list of compliant devices?  What is the Remote ID that is being transmitted?  What firmware version is compliant with Remote ID?  

I would also like to know more detail of HOW this is working; are they using one of the transmitters thus making the signal to the drone worse?  Was the Remote ID specs/hardware requirements baked in when designing the drone, so it wasn't difficult to add later?  
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-3 13:20
DJI definitely needs to clarify this.  Will this be listed on the FAA list of compliant devices?  What is the Remote ID that is being transmitted?  What firmware version is compliant with Remote ID?  

I would also like to know more detail of HOW this is working; are they using one of the transmitters thus making the signal to the drone worse?  Was the Remote ID specs/hardware requirements baked in when designing the drone, so it wasn't difficult to add later?

It should be listed but FAA has not approved it yet.RemoteID should be the Aircraft Serial #, all new drones start with 15, this one does not but that isn't required.  Will the serial # change?
Firmware 1.0.4 with Goggles 1.0.7 is the latest 'RadioID compliant' firmware and it is not transmitting anything.

Remote ID is a protocol that is sent over Wi-Fi.  Any Wifi device, with compliance verification, can be used for Remote ID.  If you search google, you will find sources to build your own using an ESP32-S3 that is also compliant overseas where they are using Bluetooth as well as Wi-FI.  The FPV drone has 2.4ghz radio as well as a 5ghz radio which unless used overseas, isn't used for flight or video in most places in the US.  Just like a guest WiFi on your home router, they can create the RadioID beacon with software alone as long as it supports running both radios at the same time.

Even the add on products are using this same technology and the devices themselves are < $8 each to buy and then you have to get the certificate of compliance from the FAA for a home built drone or use one of the add-on products.  This this should not be the case and most likely, we will be receiving another firmware update to fix this.  

If you search youtube, you will find others reporting the same thing for different brand dones that are not yet certified by the FAA.  The firmware supports it and it ready for it but since it has not been certified by the FAA, Remote ID is not allowed to transmit.  If that is truly the case, I with the vendors would not give us the firmware that states it is broadcasting with the additional hastle of having to have a GPS from our phone enabled when it isn't transmitting yet.   Even worse, those who aren't as dilligent won't know it is not transmitting until it is too late and DJI isn't responsible for your losses due to use of their products even if they are telling you the drone is transmitting even though it isn't.  So, here we are, waiting..

2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-3 10:54
Well, first and the most important is the FAA website; if it isn't listed there, it's "not compliant" at this point.  

But in the firmware itself, the Remote ID # should be listed so that you can enter it with your drone on the FAA Drone Zone website.  Currently there is nothing listed in any of the menu's in the goggles that says the Remote ID # to be able to register it.  Unless there is something i'm missing or whatever, they did say that a firmware update would allow it to not require a separate broadcase module.  Or if there is any other information that we are missing, so far I don't see this as being compliant as they stated in the Remote ID Statement on 7/1/2023: https://forum.dji.com/thread-293343-1-1.html

Agreed, there is nowhere to capture the Remote ID #.  Have you tried using the S/N of the drone?
Anything else on the firmware?
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 12:33
I tried again today, following the instructions I found with other DJI models.
I am using DJI FPV Googles V2 that came out with the original DJI FPV drone registered when it was first released.. (4 antenna, large headset version, not to be confused with the Integra style, new V2 models).

"6> Using rapid Wifi scan on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz (even though it is really only 2.4ghz, who knows what DJI is doing so to be safe)."

What is this?  Please explain what you are doing here.

Also you can lift-off with the drone and hover and it will stay there for a long as you need to try to wait for any signs of RID transmission.  If you leave your drone on the ground, it will shut off.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 13:36
"6> Using rapid Wifi scan on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz (even though it is really only 2.4ghz, who knows what DJI is doing so to be safe)."

What is this?  Please explain what you are doing here.

Please search and read threads on the Air 2S and other models for the US based Radio ID that uses Wifi Beacons for Radio ID.  It states to test that your drone is transmitting RadioID in the US, scan Wifi (WLAN) for RID-xxxxxxxxx to find your Radio ID serial #.  These are DJI's instructions, not mine.
I tried that last night, flew my drone for the entire battery while my observer was checking for my RID using Drone Scanner and a Wifi scanner.  This drone is not sending out a beacon with any ID at all.
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 12:38
Firmware on my DJI FPV drone (140km/h racing drone) that does 60 mph is sport mode was the original FPV drone released a couple years ago.  It is the latest and RID compliant.  How do I know? I no longer have the ability to downgrade. I beleive it is 1.0.4, Goggles are 1.0.7 and now I have the ability to connect to the newer models DJI Avata and OC3 Air unit.  Everything is up to date and Remote ID has to be satisfied with my phone GPS connected or it won't allow me to start the motors.

"First and foremost, it is telling me, the user, that I am compliant and transmitting an RID that even if I didn't register with the FAA, it is telling me it is transmitting and compliant with the RadioID."

I disagree.  All I see is a message in the goggles that goes from Remote ID error to Remote ID ok or something to that effect.  Never did I see a message from DJI saying anything about RID being compliant or transmitting.  Maybe those are placeholders, maybe the software isn't completed yet, maybe it's for something else, who knows.  But we do know we get compliance information from the FAA database and we get transmitted information from a scanner so I would look to those (instead of DJI) for answers on whether we are compliant or transmitting RID.

This is what the 7/25 release notes says so obviously they are a bit confused when they talk about an 8/31 update (coming).

"Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States."

I'm not sure how DJI can get RID compliance with the sw update when transmission can be disabled during flight.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 13:44
"First and foremost, it is telling me, the user, that I am compliant and transmitting an RID that even if I didn't register with the FAA, it is telling me it is transmitting and compliant with the RadioID."

I disagree.  All I see is a message in the goggles that goes from Remote ID error to Remote ID ok or something to that effect.  Never did I see a message from DJI saying anything about RID being compliant or transmitting.  Maybe those are placeholders, maybe the software isn't completed yet, maybe it's for something else, who knows.  But we do know we get compliance information from the FAA database and we get transmitted information from a scanner so I would look to those (instead of DJI) for answers on whether we are compliant or transmitting RID.

I see 'Radio ID Error' until I plug in my phone, then it tells me Radio ID is working and allows me to take off.  Without my phone connected to the goggles, it said 'Radio ID Error' and that unless I connect a GPS device that I am not compliant with FAA rules and regulations and I am not allowed to take off.

Now, how can all that be true when once I take off, it is not transmitting anything?  I can't control it's transmission and I must comply with live GPS updates of my position in order to take off but yet it isn't transmitting anything. That is a huge bug.  
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 13:43
Please search and read threads on the Air 2S and other models for the US based Radio ID that uses Wifi Beacons for Radio ID.  It states to test that your drone is transmitting RadioID in the US, scan Wifi (WLAN) for RID-xxxxxxxxx to find your Radio ID serial #.  These are DJI's instructions, not mine.
I tried that last night, flew my drone for the entire battery while my observer was checking for my RID using Drone Scanner and a Wifi scanner.  This drone is not sending out a beacon with any ID at all.

Oh ok Drone Scanner.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 13:44

I disagree.  All I see is a message in the goggles that goes from Remote ID error to Remote ID ok or something to that effect.  Never did I see a message from DJI saying anything about RID being compliant or transmitting.  Maybe those are placeholders, maybe the software isn't completed yet, maybe it's for something else, who knows.  But we do know we get compliance information from the FAA database and we get transmitted information from a scanner so I would look to those (instead of DJI) for answers on whether we are compliant or transmitting RID.

I have read the FAA regulations and the RadioID (Aircraft or Radio ID transmitter Serial Number) is public information as well as the location of the pilot and the aircraft.  The only thing in the FAA database is the personal information as where the person lives, etc.  The beacon transmits all flight information live, including the Radio ID serial number so yes, as DJI states, the serial number should be visible on any WiFi beacon compliant device which includes your cell phone.
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 13:48
I see 'Radio ID Error' until I plug in my phone, then it tells me Radio ID is working and allows me to take off.  Without my phone connected to the goggles, it said 'Radio ID Error' and that unless I connect a GPS device that I am not compliant with FAA rules and regulations and I am not allowed to take off.

Now, how can all that be true when once I take off, it is not transmitting anything?  I can't control it's transmission and I must comply with live GPS updates of my position in order to take off but yet it isn't transmitting anything. That is a huge bug.

Just checking to see if you are seeing the same thing I see.  And we do; I agree.   I think we all know the current sw update is not working with Remote ID.  Which is probably why we don't yet have a declaration of compliance with the FAA.
2023-9-3
Use props
KC-FPV
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 13:34
Agreed, there is nowhere to capture the Remote ID #.  Have you tried using the S/N of the drone?
Anything else on the firmware?

Yea, I've looked through all of the menu's in the goggles, but don't see anything saying the Remote ID #.  

I did also try to add the serial number of the drone on the Drone Zone website, but when I add a new drone WITH Remote ID, it doesn't ask for Serial Number, it asks for "Remote ID Serial Number" and if I put in my regular SN, it just says "Invalid Serial Number"; and this is a drone i've already successfully registered, so clearly it's looking for a different number.  

So, if anything, what is going on here?  Will the FPV drone (and others that were stated in the Remote ID Statement on 7/1/2023) be compliant WITHOUT a separate module?  Is this in process right now and they just can't say where they are at in getting it accepted by the FAA?  
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 13:54
Just checking to see if you are seeing the same thing I see.  And we do; I agree.   I think we all know the current sw update is not working with Remote ID.  Which is probably why we don't yet have a declaration of compliance with the FAA.

It could actually be the other way around.  DJI could have disabled the transmission until they get compliance from the FAA like other manufactures have done.  Why release something that tells the user they are Radio ID compliant before they get the certificate of compliance?  It just makes it much more frustrating for the users.  I have to connect my phone to be compliant with the FAA rules but yet my drone isn't transmitting anything, do you get my point?
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KC-FPV Posted at 9-3 13:58
Yea, I've looked through all of the menu's in the goggles, but don't see anything saying the Remote ID #.  

I did also try to add the serial number of the drone on the Drone Zone website, but when I add a new drone WITH Remote ID, it doesn't ask for Serial Number, it asks for "Remote ID Serial Number" and if I put in my regular SN, it just says "Invalid Serial Number"; and this is a drone i've already successfully registered, so clearly it's looking for a different number.  

We have no idea what is going on.  Neither does DJI which I why we need to take what they say with a grain of salt.  The FAA database is a mess but the deadline has not yet been reached so honestly, they don't own an explanation and neither does DJI.  It would really suck if this were delayed yet you cannot lift off without your phone.  Clearly the process has no provisions for reporting any type of pending or coming soon status so it's impossible to tell this to the customer.  We just have to wait.

Have you tried with Integra?  I have not yet tried and to be honest, I'd rather not hookup my Integra because it doesn't work well with DJI FPV and the switching process is painful sometimes.  But I was thinking, maybe the software bug is with V2 and 2 and Fly and not with Integra.
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 13:58
It could actually be the other way around.  DJI could have disabled the transmission until they get compliance from the FAA like other manufactures have done.  Why release something that tells the user they are Radio ID compliant before they get the certificate of compliance?  It just makes it much more frustrating for the users.  I have to connect my phone to be compliant with the FAA rules but yet my drone isn't transmitting anything, do you get my point?

The release notes indicate RID is added, not disabled.  If it's not working, why put it in the release notes. There is no good reason to disable the transmission but allow everything else to work including stopping you from take off.  That serves no purpose.  Obviously they were attempting to comply and they got it wrong.

Based on the way RID was gained for the Mavic 3 Pro, I don't think this is the issue with timing.
Based on the way there is not RID yet for the Air 3, makes me think DJI is broken.  Maybe they forgot to submit or don't know how because it seems like after the MPP got rescinded, DJI has had problems.

Don't know for sure but it's not looking good.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 14:11
The release notes indicate RID is added, not disabled.  If it's not working, why put it in the release notes. There is no good reason to disable the transmission but allow everything else to work including stopping you from take off.  That serves no purpose.  Obviously they were attempting to comply and they got it wrong.

Based on the way RID was gained for the Mavic 3 Pro, I don't think this is the issue with timing.

This is from the FAA ECFR Title 14, Chapter 1, Subchapter F Part 89,
Take-off limitation.  The unmanned aircraft must not be able to take off unless it is broadcasting the message elements in § 89.305.

(g) Message broadcast.

Enhanced Content - Paragraph Tools

URLhttps:/​/​www.ecfr.gov/​current/​title-14/​part-89#p-89.310(g)

Citation14 CFR 89.310(g)

(1) The unmanned aircraft must be capable of broadcasting the message elements in § 89.305 using a non-proprietary broadcast specification and using radio frequency spectrum compatible with personal wireless devices in accordance with 47 CFR part 15, where operations may occur without an FCC individual license.

For more ways than one, Unless all of my devices are not compatible with receiving the Beacon, they are not compliant.

2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 14:11

Based on the way RID was gained for the Mavic 3 Pro, I don't think this is the issue with timing.

Do you have the Avata? Can you confirm it is transmitting RID##### beacon on an android / apple device?

I do not believe DJI drones have Bluetooth so I assume it is beaconing Wifi.  

According to the FAA website, we, the pilot of the UAV, are responsible for confirming the aircraft is actually transmitting before takeoff in order to be compliant and if we are notified it is not transmitting because our phone / GPS signal is lost, we are required to land immediately. Even if the drone is indicating it is broadcasting, without confirmation, We, as Drone Pilots are not within compliance with the law.   

Since this has not been accepted by the FAA yet, I feel we are just wasting our time because until approved, all bets are off.  As of 9/16/2023, These birds are grounded unless you are in a FRIA and even then, you will have to use your phone since you can't disable RID that isn't working.    I hope the DJI bot doesn't post '8/31 at the latest again' because it is several days past that'.  The last accepted DOC was in May, what is going on with DJI?
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 15:23
This is from the FAA ECFR Title 14, Chapter 1, Subchapter F Part 89,
Take-off limitation.  The unmanned aircraft must not be able to take off unless it is broadcasting the message elements in § 89.305.

please stop posting the rules; i'm aware of the rules.  thank you.
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 15:38
Do you have the Avata? Can you confirm it is transmitting RID##### beacon on an android / apple device?

I do not believe DJI drones have Bluetooth so I assume it is beaconing Wifi.  

i will use a broadcast module of all drones that i intend to fly after the deadline arrives which do not have standard rid.
i will check my avata next time im out with it.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

I have built a Raspberry Pi to test my phone and Tablet using Drone Scanner and WLAN scanning using OpenDroneID (Search it for yourself, external links are not allowed here).  Instructions are a little strange but I was able to clone the repo and build it without issues.
I have confirmed both are working detecting and decoding Radio ID's of a broadcasting drone.  In the USA, you can not transmit on Bluetooth5 extended without also transmitting on Bluetooth 4 legacy so I'm testing that next to ensure my devices should detect anything this drone transmits if and when it starts transmitting a beacon.

This, to me, is a confirmation the DJI FPV original drone with the latest firmware to support Radio ID in the US is not sending out a beacon even though it displays that Radio ID is fully operational.
2023-9-3
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tested my dji fpv drone with the integra goggles I did not get a rid error I did not need a phone . The goggles say remote id is broadcasting. Iam on the latest firmware and my fpv drone is registered on the faa site with my mini pro and avata and skydio 2. All 4 drones are registered to me on the far site with their s/n . I did notice when I do a search with the sn on my 3 dji drones the faa site does say my serial numbers are Invalid. I do know that the mini 3 pro and avata have been approved by the faa. So there site is probably not updated for sn of registered drones. I did not lookup my skydio s/n to see if it would show a valid s/n.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 15:55
please stop posting the rules; i'm aware of the rules.  thank you.

I'm sorry you think this post was directed to you.
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4
lvl.2
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 9-3 16:54
I just tested my dji fpv drone with the integra goggles I did not get a rid error I did not need a phone . The goggles say remote id is broadcasting. Iam on the latest firmware and my fpv drone is registered on the faa site with my mini pro and avata and skydio 2. All 4 drones are registered to me on the far site with their s/n . I did notice when I do a search with the sn on my 3 dji drones the faa site does say my serial numbers are Invalid. I do know that the mini 3 pro and avata have been approved by the faa. So there site is probably not updated for sn of registered drones. I did not lookup my skydio s/n to see if it would show a valid s/n.

The FPV drone in this thread is the original DJI FPV racing drone, not the smaller sibling which was released after the mandated time.  Integra was not out when this drone was released and the first to have a GPS built into the goggles.. I'm glad you are not having any issues with your Avata, it is not the same drone.
2023-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2pYijmuSzJH4 Posted at 9-3 16:49
I have built a Raspberry Pi to test my phone and Tablet using Drone Scanner and WLAN scanning using OpenDroneID (Search it for yourself, external links are not allowed here).  Instructions are a little strange but I was able to clone the repo and build it without issues.
I have confirmed both are working detecting and decoding Radio ID's of a broadcasting drone.  In the USA, you can not transmit on Bluetooth5 extended without also transmitting on Bluetooth 4 legacy so I'm testing that next to ensure my devices should detect anything this drone transmits if and when it starts transmitting a beacon.

Agreed and to be more specific, it says RemoteID is functioning normal or similar.

Maybe someone can read more into what normal means but under normal conditions you would expect it to be transmitting and if you suspect the software is broken, then you still might get the same message even though there is no transmitting; which is what I believe is happening here.

Would like to point out that under no circumstances have I seen or found a remote ID message that specifically point out that the RID is being transmitted. I get the idea that the function check is basic meaning everything is working and you get Normal or everything is not working and you get Error.  There is no status update.

Tested with all 3 googles and when using Goggles 2 or Integra, the About screen shows the Remote ID for the DJI FPV.  Using Goggles v2, the About screen does not show the Remote ID.  Doesn't mean there isn't a remote ID, it just doesn't show up in the menu.  I never flew today but I'm pretty sure there is no transmission regardless which goggles are in use.
2023-9-3
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules