DJJ Mic - Records Deleted from Microphone Memory
1328 7 2023-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomahawk78
lvl.1

United States

Hello - I've been using DJI Mic for several months and had great success. Today something surprising happened. The audio did not seem to record on the microphone device.  And, the folders DJI_Audio_001 and DJI_Audio_002 have dissappeared.  DJI_Audio_003 was there, but only had a single file - very short like 2 seconds in it.  No other files are on the microphone memory.  Even an "undelete program" was unable to find files.  However, the microphone transmitted wirelessly to the phone that was recording video.  That seems to have worked well.  Any ideas what happened?  Luckly I'm not concerned about recovering this missing audio.  But, I'm concerned about futrue recordings when I'll want the missing audio. This is the first time I've had a problem like this and I'm hoping to find out what I might have done that caused a problem?  Perhaps formatted the drive accidentally?  The microphone connection to my computer by USB cable seems to work just fine because it pulls up the drive.  And, when I've done some testing since I discovered the problem, audio seems to be recording onto the microphone just fine as well.  Any ideas what I'm might have done so I can avoid doing it in the future when it really becomes a problem?  Help please with troubleshooting.
2023-8-31
Use props
BertTheDragon
New

United Kingdom

Hi tomahawk78, I am experiencing a similar problem. Did you find a resolution?
2023-11-25
Use props
samchipmanphoto
New

United Kingdom

This has just happened to me. It's like it's formatted itself. All but one short 2 second clip gone. Any update on what has happened here?
2023-12-24
Use props
djiuser_HuWkYr4hYBsy
New

United States

I also experienced this problem recently. I was recording and it even marked that I had only 14.6 hrs of recording left indicating that it was recording. I left the mics in the charging case for a few days and when I opened it up to my surprise it said 15.1 hrs of recording left. I was shocked but I plugged it into my device in hopes that it was simply a small issue and my audio was still all there. However when I plugged it in, nothing was there and I had lost all my audio. I had never formatted it or internally deleted it, it simply erased itself.
2-5 09:59
Use props
djiuser_HuWkYr4hYBsy
New

United States

I also experienced this problem recently. I was recording and it even marked that I had only 14.6 hrs of recording left indicating that it was recording. I left the mics in the charging case for a few days and when I opened it up to my surprise it said 15.1 hrs of recording left. I was shocked but I plugged it into my device in hopes that it was simply a small issue and my audio was still all there. However when I plugged it in, nothing was there and I had lost all my audio. I had never formatted it or internally deleted it, it simply erased itself.
2-5 10:00
Use props
tomahawk78
lvl.1

United States

DJI - please help. This is a serious problem!  I just finished filming over 3 days.  Your microphones are the backup audio in case anything goes wrong with the wireless transfer to the camera.  I found one of the mic's was formatted about half way through the 2nd day!  I'm trying to recover the files with an erased file software.  There's got to be a way to make it so a setting WILL NOT allow formating the drive accidentally - like one has to unlock that setting and then can format. But, the setting auto turns on again after 10 minutes.  It's TOO EASY to accentally bump the receiver touch screen a few times and have the drive be formated!
2-5 15:31
Use props
djiuser_ZbdqwUHGU6WE
New
Indonesia

DJI Mic tranmitter is pure bad design. I accidentally formated my data twice in 3 months, and all of it happened just because i held it in my palm. How can the format button which is the most dangerous thing about production can be done through clicks, of which, its button take half of the screen.

Imagine all the valuable assets deleted just by this non-sensible design.
2-6 23:44
Use props
tomahawk78
lvl.1

United States

@DJI - can you or anyone else confirm - the DJI Mic 2 has been released.  What is the process to format audio?  Or is there a way to block formatting from the handheld receiver?  Like require formating to be when connected to a computer?  I really like this microphone set.  Except for the ease of accidental formatting the transmitters.  I just did it again today!!! I'll buy the DJI Mic 2 just to get rid of the accidental formatting!   Lost my backup audio - hopefully the wireless transmission was all good and I don't need the backup today.  
4-16 19:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules