Unable to pair RC Pro with Mini 3 Pro.
2811 23 2023-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14016926 ft
Sweden

Trying to pair my new Mini 3 Pro with the RC Pro.

Finally received my RC pro, so now I can pair my Mini 3 Pro.
After starting the RC Pro I updated it to v 03.02.0400 OK.

To pair the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro I select the Mini 3 Pro on the RC screen.
Then I start the Mini 3 Pro.
On the RC it says "unable to connect to the aircraft.
Clicking on this text the display then says "pair"
I then hold down the power button on the aircraft for 4 seconds until the
aricrafts lights blink from left to right.
Then I then hit the pairing button on the RC and aircraft beeps contantly.
The counter on the RC then start counting down from 60 sec and the times out.
I have done this several time to no sucess. Do I do something wrong?

As I got he Mini 3 Pro first and later 2 weeks the RC Pro so they were not paired.
Would I have to connect the Mini 3 Pro to the DJI Assistand first and see if there
also is an update for the aircraft before this will work.

Cheers

2023-9-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Ha ha ha... Very simple. I solved it. I put the Mini 3 Pro on to the DJI Assistant and had some updates waiting. Did them and the the aircraft got paired with the RC Pro.  I Found that this was not explained in one of the YouTube videos that I had. So now I will be out flying as soon as the rain stops.
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Or you could of just update your mini 3 pro with the controller it came with. And then pair it with the rc pro. Works for me
2023-9-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-1 10:08
Or you could of just update your mini 3 pro with the controller it came with. And then pair it with the rc pro. Works for me

Many thanks for this. Did not know I could do this. Still learning.
2023-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue. It is recommended to update the firmware of the remote controller and the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 software when you pair your DJI RC Pro for the first time or when using the RC Pro with a different aircraft to avoid firmware incompatibility between both devices. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-1
Use props
Vinicius Correa
New

United States

I’d need and appreciate any help to my case. Apparently similar to what I have seen here before. Even after holding the drone button for 3sec to enter in pairing mode, the Rc does not pair and the blinking blue light becomes red. Not sure what I have to do
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Vinicius Correa Posted at 9-3 12:14
I’d need and appreciate any help to my case. Apparently similar to what I have seen here before. Even after holding the drone button for 3sec to enter in pairing mode, the Rc does not pair and the blinking blue light becomes red. Not sure what I have to do

Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Try linking by pressing the combinations of buttons instead of using the Fly app: If you're using a DJI RC please push the C1 + C2 + Record button to prepare to link and then press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
4. If it still fails, check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app and make sure your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi. After the connection is successful, check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. You can also try to connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating & refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. You can download the DJI Assistant 2 on dji.com/downloads.
6. If the issue persists, please record a video showing the linking process and firmware version screenshot, and we will check it for you. Please keep us posted.
2023-9-4
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 9-4 00:37
Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below?
1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.

Hi Tony,
Many thanks for your detailed information about pairing the RF and Mini 3 Pro.
As I received the drone first and the RC a couple of weeks later, they were not paired.
My mistake was that I did not have the drone updated but the RC only.
Now everything is working fine and I have had my very first fly yesterday. Geee... the mini 2 Pro is so quiet compared to the Mavic 3 Pro and the screen on the RC Pro is super scarp and bight.
I am very happy with the Mini 3 Pro and the RC pro.
I have now copied your text to a document for the future, should I require it.
Thanks again for your help.
Tony
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kyalami Posted at 9-4 00:53
Hi Tony,
Many thanks for your detailed information about pairing the RF and Mini 2 Pro.
As I received the drone first and the RC a couple of weeks later, they were not paired.

Awesome. I am really glad to know that it is already working. Please reach back if you have further concerns. We appreciate your valued support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-4
Use props
ghezloo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126417 ft
United Kingdom

1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.

Hi,I did all the steps but still I have pairing issue,the drone doesn't connect to phone too
2023-9-6
Use props
ghezloo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

1. Please check whether the aircraft and remote controller both are powered on. Press the power button once, press it again, and hold it to power the device. The device will beep when it is powered on successfully.

Hi,I did all the steps but still I have pairing issue,the drone doesn't connect to phone too
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ghezloo Posted at 9-6 01:07

Hello there. Will it be fine if you post the video of the operation showing the issue here? Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
United States

Can not send video here
Screenshot_20230906_131426_com.android.chrome.jpg
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
Iran

DJI Tony Posted at 9-6 01:15
Hello there. Will it be fine if you post the video of the operation showing the issue here? Thank you for your patience.

Could you please advise how to upload the video here?
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
Canada

Do we have any tools for health check of drone?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3d7b17fb Posted at 9-6 02:04
Could you please advise how to upload the video here?

Hi there. You can upload it to your Google Drive or YouTube and then post the link here. Thank you very much.
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 9-6 02:08
Hi there. You can upload it to your Google Drive or YouTube and then post the link here. Thank you very much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pbWlhW-pGkDYdvDzOADljtdBA018uegR/view?usp=drivesdk
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-6 02:08

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pbWlhW-pGkDYdvDzOADljtdBA018uegR/view?usp=drivesdk
2023-9-6
Use props
fans3d7b17fb
lvl.1
United States

Hi, would you please check my shared link fot captured video
2023-9-6
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

kyalami Posted at 9-4 00:53
Hi Tony,
Many thanks for your detailed information about pairing the RF and Mini 2 Pro.

I did not even know that there is a Mini 2 Pro
2023-9-6
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

_SoP_ Posted at 9-6 22:01
I did not even know that there is a Mini 2 Pro

Yes there is if you type wrongly and do not check what you wrote.
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans3d7b17fb Posted at 9-6 21:04
Hi, would you please check my shared link fot captured video

Hello there. Sorry about the late reply. I referred the video to our team and seems like the operation is correct. If it's showing the same when using the combination buttons and the firmware is also up to date, we suggest sending the aircraft and the RC for further testing. You can submit a repair request or contact our DJI representatives from the following link: https://www.dji.com/global/support. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-6
Use props
Bmccall
New

United States

My dji mini 3 pro wolnt pair to the rc. I updated both of the firmwares on the rc and the mini 3 pro. The rc firmware is 01.03.1000. The mini 3 pro is v01.00.0600. The drone does not blink or try to pair when holding power for four seconds. Also the drone is blinking yellow after it has been turned on and sitting. Please help thanks.
1-7 20:36
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bmccall Posted at 1-7 20:36
My dji mini 3 pro wolnt pair to the rc. I updated both of the firmwares on the rc and the mini 3 pro. The rc firmware is 01.03.1000. The mini 3 pro is v01.00.0600. The drone does not blink or try to pair when holding power for four seconds. Also the drone is blinking yellow after it has been turned on and sitting. Please help thanks.

Hi, Bmccall. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below? Feel free to skip some if was already done.
1. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
2. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
Aircraft: Press and hold the Power button on the aircraft for four seconds to prepare to link.
DJI RC: C1 + C2 + Record button
3. If the issue persists, please check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app (connect Wifi or hotspot when using RC with built-in screen). Check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
4. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. Here is where to download the software: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
1-7 21:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules