VLC Player, Is there a better one ?
914 11 2023-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Luvmylab
lvl.2
United States

VLCdji.JPG I've been using VLC player and i'm not so happy with it anymore. It doesn't seem to like playing 4k  DJI video. They show up like this, and the ones with the VLC icon  won't play well. I'm using windows 10 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz   1.50 GHz   12 gb ram. What player is the Best, i just need one that plays. Can't find what DJI says to use to play them.                                 files.JPG

2023-9-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used VLC for a long time but wanted a player that was  more robust.  I am now using CyberLink DVD 20 Ultra.  However, it is not free but so much better than VLC.  
2023-9-2
Use props
Luvmylab
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-2 03:57
I used VLC for a long time but wanted a player that was  more robust.  I am now using CyberLink DVD 20 Ultra.  However, it is not free but so much better than VLC.

I might have it , never tried it. It came with my Blu-ray burner. Thanks I'll give it a try if I can find my disc
2023-9-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

My ex-girlfriend recommended GOM Player, has both free and paid versions. As a media player, works usually great. There are some disadvantages to the free version though, the installer suggests many kinds of additional bloatware (that can be denied though, luckily), has some small ads pop up in the lower right corner of the screen when you first start the app, and attempts to open an ad website when closing for the first time in the day.
2023-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Luvmylab Posted at 9-2 10:42
I might have it , never tried it. It came with my Blu-ray burner. Thanks I'll give it a try if I can find my disc

You're welcome.  Hope you find your disc.  It is a very robust player for sure.
2023-9-3
Use props
Luvmylab
lvl.2
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 9-3 03:53
My ex-girlfriend recommended GOM Player, has both free and paid versions. As a media player, works usually great. There are some disadvantages to the free version though, the installer suggests many kinds of additional bloatware (that can be denied though, luckily), has some small ads pop up in the lower right corner of the screen when you first start the app, and attempts to open an ad website when closing for the first time in the day.

Thanks , I'll take a look at it.
2023-9-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Luvmylab Posted at 9-10 02:56
Thanks , I'll take a look at it.

You're welcome, I hope you find the media player that best suits your needs
2023-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How do you like the GOM player?
3-10 01:55
Use props
Chadder Cheezz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35640 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2023-9-2 03:57

I searched for: CyberLink DVD 20 Ultra   And went to the following site: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_US.html?r=1
And, it says it is free:

ScreenShot Of Website

ScreenShot Of Website
4-24 10:06
Use props
Chadder Cheezz
lvl.1
United States

I have found where to get PowerDVD 19.0.1912.62   And ran across a forum that said version 20 is a downgrade from version 19.
PowerDVD 19.0.1912.62 Download from filehorse
https://www.filehorse.com/download-powerdvd/42149/download/
4-24 11:27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Chadder Cheezz Posted at 4-24 10:06
I searched for: CyberLink DVD 20 Ultra   And went to the following site: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_US.html?r=1
And, it says it is free:

Wow, good to know and thanks for sharing.  
4-24 13:14
Use props
Chadder Cheezz
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-24 13:14
Wow, good to know and thanks for sharing.

Hind site, I just looked in the URL link and in the link is /trials/  so I am guessing the software is free, but the license after the trial period is not.  I haven't yet installed it, so I am not sure.  I think I am gonna try out version 19 first.
4-24 14:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules