Failed to update firmware 0x00140002
1641 9 2023-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm trying to use my OSMO Mobile SE after a long time not using it but I'm struggling with the firmware update. I keep getting an error message (see picture below) every time I try to update the firmware. I tried on different days, with WiFi and 5G, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth and I'm running out of ideas. The little light keeps flashing red/green and I don't think I can use the device until I sort this out as the gimbal doesn't really respond to any of the buttons. Any ideas how to fix it? Also, the ''63%'' you see in the photo appears straight away, there's no build up to it.

Many thanks,
Jacob

Error

Error
2023-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly please follow the troubleshooting steps below to further isolate the issue:

1. Clear the DJI Mimo cache. Restart the DJI Mimo and DJI device.
2. Disconnect the DJI device from the mobile device. Re-connect the DJI device to the mobile device and update again.
3. Use another mobile phone for updating.
4. Since you already tried using mobile data (5G), please try to connect to a different WiFi network to update and check if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-2
Use props
Pell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 03:17
Hi there. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. Kindly please follow the troubleshooting steps below to further isolate the issue:

1. Clear the DJI Mimo cache. Restart the DJI Mimo and DJI device.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I followed all of your suggestions and tried to update the firmware through 3 different devices, but the exact same error comes up on all 3 of them. I'm now officially out of ideas! Have you got any other recommendations for me?

Many thanks,
Jacob
2023-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Pell Posted at 9-10 01:16
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I followed all of your suggestions and tried to update the firmware through 3 different devices, but the exact same error comes up on all 3 of them. I'm now officially out of ideas! Have you got any other recommendations for me?

Many thanks,

Sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-10
Use props
Pell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-10 21:06
Sorry for this unpleasant experience. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding and support.

Ah, thanks, but that’s far too much hassle, it’ll be quicker for me to just sell it and find a different gimbal. Thank you for your help anyway.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Pell Posted at 10-7 10:07
Ah, thanks, but that’s far too much hassle, it’ll be quicker for me to just sell it and find a different gimbal. Thank you for your help anyway.

We totally understand your decision. Should you have other inquiries about DJI products, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-10-9
Use props
Prod.JAY
New

United States

I've run into this problem with myOsmo mobile 3... fails at 54%. I've cleared cache, re downloaded app still nothing.
2-29 10:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Prod.JAY Posted at 2-29 10:05
I've run into this problem with myOsmo mobile 3... fails at 54%. I've cleared cache, re downloaded app still nothing.

Hello, Jay. We do apologize if you are having issues with your unit. Can you please confirm what specific mobile device are you using with your DJI Osmo Mobile 3? Also, please send us the screenshot of the error message the same as the image posted above. Keep us posted.
3-1 20:31
Use props
djiuser_E9c26stBFBE1
New

Canada

I am having the exact same issue with my OM SE, update got stuck at 62% and no matter what I try it is not working.
4-6 20:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_E9c26stBFBE1 Posted at 4-6 20:02
I am having the exact same issue with my OM SE, update got stuck at 62% and no matter what I try it is not working.

Hi there. If the updating still fails after the above methods have been tried, we recommend submitting an Online Repair Request and sending your device back for further testing. You can submit a repair request here (https://www.dji.com/global/support). The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
4-6 20:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules