Its a long way to water for the SUPs....
12Next >
1007 44 2023-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a long way to water for the SUPs....

Also curious to see a car full of kids out at this time of day.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-9-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With all that mud around the slipway it looks singularly uninviting to go paddling in the water.
2023-9-2
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Interesting verticals.
2023-9-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting captures DA.    No doubt at low tide the SUPs have quite the hike ahead of them.  
2023-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-2 23:54
With all that mud around the slipway it looks singularly uninviting to go paddling in the water.

It does.  but shockingly when you get away from the slipway it's actually quite sandy and clear when the tide comes in.  
2023-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-3 04:37
Interesting captures DA.    No doubt at low tide the SUPs have quite the hike ahead of them.

It always gives me a giggle seeing them go out at low tide,   for me its counter intuitive
2023-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 9-3 03:32
Interesting verticals.

Cheer Depp.   
2023-9-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-4 22:44
It does.  but shockingly when you get away from the slipway it's actually quite sandy and clear when the tide comes in.

A different perspective entirely from ground level, evidently
2023-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-4 22:53
A different perspective entirely from ground level, evidently

I'll try and get a shot with the tide in when it's not so dark.
2023-9-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-4 23:22
I'll try and get a shot with the tide in when it's not so dark.

2023-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-4 22:48
It always gives me a giggle seeing them go out at low tide,   for me its counter intuitive

Maybe they are trying to get plenty of steps in before the hop on the SUPs.  
2023-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 13:35
Maybe they are trying to get plenty of steps in before the hop on the SUPs.

I just scraped through mine this morning,    too much standing around waiting for steam trains,  although quite a few people came through and chatted about the drones,   and were amazed I was flying two at once.  Gave a few cards out with the new dual design with both IG channels on it.
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 00:55
I just scraped through mine this morning,    too much standing around waiting for steam trains,  although quite a few people came through and chatted about the drones,   and were amazed I was flying two at once.  Gave a few cards out with the new dual design with both IG channels on it.

Flying two at once is a bit too much for me but I know you have the flying skills and dexterity required to do it.  I'm still getting over the shock of the Mini 3 Pro buzzing the bill of my ball cap.
2023-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 13:49
Flying two at once is a bit too much for me but I know you have the flying skills and dexterity required to do it.  I'm still getting over the shock of the Mini 3 Pro buzzing the bill of my ball cap.

Ive made up a board with some rope looped through the ends,  a bit like what the fake crop circle guys use.  it acts as a shelf I can hang around my neck.  But I have to keep the two controllers spaced apart a little otherwise they complain of interference.  
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 23:57
Ive made up a board with some rope looped through the ends,  a bit like what the fake crop circle guys use.  it acts as a shelf I can hang around my neck.  But I have to keep the two controllers spaced apart a little otherwise they complain of interference.

Very creative approach.  I'm surprised you haven't 3D printed something already.  

I never thought about interference between controllers.  
2023-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-7 03:00
Very creative approach.  I'm surprised you haven't 3D printed something already.  

I never thought about interference between controllers.

Yes,  on the smart controller the go4 app thows up warning as soon as they get close to each other.  
2023-9-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 01:09
Yes,  on the smart controller the go4 app thows up warning as soon as they get close to each other.

I guess the Fly App doesn't do that.  The reason I say that is when I fly the Air 3 with the RC2 a foot away from my youngest grandson and his Mini 3 Pro with RC neither of us get a warning. No doubt the Go4App is more robust.   
2023-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-8 13:09
I guess the Fly App doesn't do that.  The reason I say that is when I fly the Air 3 with the RC2 a foot away from my youngest grandson and his Mini 3 Pro with RC neither of us get a warning. No doubt the Go4App is more robust.

Ive seen interference warnings before just not from another controller.   Maybe O3 is better for managing that.  
2023-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 00:36
Ive seen interference warnings before just not from another controller.   Maybe O3 is better for managing that.

That's definitely a possibility.  

Almost lost my Mini 3 Pro this AM.  I was just finishing a flight and was returning to the boat when about 10 meters away and a meter in altitude the drone shut off and dropped down immediately but in a fluttering way.  I walked over to the drone and the battery was laying about a half meter away.  One of the tabs was cracked on the battery.  Now I'm wondering it it was cracked before the flight and that maybe caused it to not lock in properly.   Fortunately, the drone didn't appear to be damaged and I'm guessing that is because it landed in a soft bed of grass.  Even the blades appeared to not suffer any damage.  I put in a new battery and gave it a 10 minute test flight.  No issues whatsoever.  I'm going to download the logs and see what they say.  

I'm just glad it didn't go down as it was crossing the water to come back and hand land it.  
2023-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 04:08
That's definitely a possibility.  

Almost lost my Mini 3 Pro this AM.  I was just finishing a flight and was returning to the boat when about 10 meters away and a meter in altitude the drone shut off and dropped down immediately but in a fluttering way.  I walked over to the drone and the battery was laying about a half meter away.  One of the tabs was cracked on the battery.  Now I'm wondering it it was cracked before the flight and that maybe caused it to not lock in properly.   Fortunately, the drone didn't appear to be damaged and I'm guessing that is because it landed in a soft bed of grass.  Even the blades appeared to not suffer any damage.  I put in a new battery and gave it a 10 minute test flight.  No issues whatsoever.  I'm going to download the logs and see what they say.  

Thats really odd,   my batteries are really tight fit even when the tabs are pressed.   But at least it's new battery time for you if the tab is cracked.
2023-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 23:53
Thats really odd,   my batteries are really tight fit even when the tabs are pressed.   But at least it's new battery time for you if the tab is cracked.

Yeah, only thing I can think of is that it didn't click in properly and possibly vibrated loose by the end of the flight.  I contacted DJI Support to see if I can send it in for replacement under warranty but haven't heard back.  Guess I'll have to wait until Monday for a reply.  
2023-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 05:07
Yeah, only thing I can think of is that it didn't click in properly and possibly vibrated loose by the end of the flight.  I contacted DJI Support to see if I can send it in for replacement under warranty but haven't heard back.  Guess I'll have to wait until Monday for a reply.

I usually just go to repair.dji.com and open a case for that.  So far they have been quite quick.
2023-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-11 00:00
I usually just go to repair.dji.com and open a case for that.  So far they have been quite quick.

Got my email this morning with shipping label so now I'm good to go to send it in this morning.
2023-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 03:32
Got my email this morning with shipping label so now I'm good to go to send it in this morning.

Excellent,   it's always nice to get a free battery replacement.  

PS Have you updated your controller yet?    Im not sure about these new voices.
2023-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-11 23:21
Excellent,   it's always nice to get a free battery replacement.  

PS Have you updated your controller yet?    Im not sure about these new voices.

I've not updated yet.  Are they horrible?  If so, maybe I'll hold off on updating.  
2023-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-12 03:34
I've not updated yet.  Are they horrible?  If so, maybe I'll hold off on updating.

Should be the same as the RC2 ones as that shipped with the latest fly app didnt it.
2023-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 00:08
Should be the same as the RC2 ones as that shipped with the latest fly app didnt it.

Funny, as I really did hear a difference but then again I may have been concentrating on something else and just didn't hone in on the new voices.  You got me wondering now so next flight I'll check that out.
2023-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-13 12:55
Funny, as I really did hear a difference but then again I may have been concentrating on something else and just didn't hone in on the new voices.  You got me wondering now so next flight I'll check that out.

They even dropped some of the phrases,   like it used to say Home point have been updated please check it on the map,   now it's just home point updated.
2023-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 00:57
They even dropped some of the phrases,   like it used to say Home point have been updated please check it on the map,   now it's just home point updated.

Glad that you pointed that out yesterday.  I did pay attention when I got in a short flight yesterday and did notice the difference in the voice.  Wonder what made them make the change?
2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 03:38
Glad that you pointed that out yesterday.  I did pay attention when I got in a short flight yesterday and did notice the difference in the voice.  Wonder what made them make the change?

I suppose they are shorter and more modern?
2023-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 22:06
I suppose they are shorter and more modern?

Shame as I was really used to the previous voices.  
2023-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-15 11:09
Shame as I was really used to the previous voices.

I still cant decide which I prefer,  Im leaning to the original ones I think like you.
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 00:01
I still cant decide which I prefer,  Im leaning to the original ones I think like you.

I'm a bit resistant to change but in this case I much prefer the original ones.  
2023-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-16 07:22
I'm a bit resistant to change but in this case I much prefer the original ones.

Im thinking I might petition to have a switch to turn them off.  
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 22:48
Im thinking I might petition to have a switch to turn them off.

That would be a fantastic option.  
2023-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-17 05:17
That would be a fantastic option.

I realised yesterday that we already have that option.  Just side down from the top of the screen and slide the volume left.  
2023-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-18 22:42
I realised yesterday that we already have that option.  Just side down from the top of the screen and slide the volume left.

Nice find and thanks for sharing that information.  
2023-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-19 02:40
Nice find and thanks for sharing that information.

No probs DT.  
2023-9-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules