Getting message in error that wide angle lens is attached
579 5 2023-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beckster
lvl.1
Mexico

I just got a brand new DJI mini 3 pro last week - an upgrade from my old Spark.  I'm getting a message every time I fly the mini that "wide angle lens attached", but it isn't a wide angle lens. It's the stock lens that came with the mini straight from DJI. I'm so frustrated because I'm on a vacation that I was so excited about using my drone on to capture photos, yet many of the photo features such as pano are disabled because it thinks it has a wide angle lens.  Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to resolve it? BTW, I don't have any filters or after market accessories on the drone. Straight out of the box. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
2023-9-3
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Try dressing when the drone is completely turned off.
2023-9-3
Use props
Beckster
lvl.1
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 9-3 17:37
Try dressing when the drone is completely turned off.

What does this mean?
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Beckster. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to first land the aircraft, and remove the propellers to check whether the gimbal is scratched, and whether the gimbal enters the normal stabilization state. If no error is identified after checking, it is recommended to place the aircraft on a flat and clean ground and rotate the propellers again to check whether the issue occurs again.

Make sure the firmware version and app version has been updated to the latest, factory reset the drone (Settings -> About -> Reset All Settings or Clear All Data) after backing up, then check if there is still the prompt. Hope this helps. If issue persists, please let us know.
2023-9-10
Use props
Airpilot2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1198757 ft
Australia

Why do we have to remove the propellors?  And what do you mean by rotating them? DO you mean manually or by starting the aircraft?

I've tried a number of different freewell filters now, CPL's and ND's and CPL/ND's plus some from Neewer too, all have the same problem!

My gimbal isn't scratched and it self checks fine. This is a pretty big bug and after all the updates, still no fix for this. What's happening?
2-9 20:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Airpilot2 Posted at 2-9 20:43
Why do we have to remove the propellors?  And what do you mean by rotating them? DO you mean manually or by starting the aircraft?

I've tried a number of different freewell filters now, CPL's and ND's and CPL/ND's plus some from Neewer too, all have the same problem!

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience that it may cause you. To provide clarity, you can check if the prompt message will persist after starting the motors and running the propellers. If so, you may follow our other recommendations below.

> Update/Refresh the firmware via this link.
> Calibrate the gimbal.
> Restart the aircraft for further testing.

If the problem remains, you may consider sending your aircraft for further inspection and testing via this link. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2-13 00:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules