354 3 2023-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NyxOTNC
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Hello all,

I just picked up a Raveneye for my RS3 and while the rest of the system works well, ActiveTrack does not. I have no problems selecting a target and the camera does start to track, but then it will overcorrect, swing back, overcorrect on the backswing again and then proceed in this violent pattern until it either loses the subject or hits an endpoint and stops. I have balanced this gimbal dozens of times without issue, rebalanced it twice starting from scratch after installing the Raveneye and all of its cables, all axes showing no balance issue, recalibrated multiple times using the built in calibration, and still the issue persists. If I slow down the ActiveTrack speed to literally 1% there is no issue, but then the gimbal doesn't track anything moving so what's the point. Using a Sony a6100 with a light and short Sony 35mm f/1.8. Never had a problem with any other part of the gimbal or its movement, other than it seems to lag behind during some moves and then speed up rather jarringly, but I've seen that issue with a lot of gimbals and I assume it can be ironed out by adjusting the smoothness settings. I really want to use ActiveTrack for when I'm shooting solo, and right now it just isn't usable. Anyone have any tips?
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, NyxOTNC. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-4
Use props
gustavoxavier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37116 ft
Brazil

Have you tried to adjust ActiveTrack Orientation? It´s on RONIN APP.
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, NyxOTNC. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below:

1. Take a video showing the cable connection and ensure that the cable is connected correctly.
2. Please enter the Touchscreen - Settings. Tap “Restore Parameters” and try again.
3. Ensure that the app has been updated to the latest version.
4. Use another USB-C to USB-C cable for testing.
5. Update the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS)/DJI Ronin Image Transmitter firmware version.
* Update the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series) on a computer.
* Update the DJI Ronin Image Transmitter using the Ronin app.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules