Active Track button and Peak button not working as advertised?
506 6 2023-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vubui
lvl.1
Flight distance : 257178 ft
Sweden

Hi! I've only had the 4D for a few days but I'm loving it so far. There are just 2 things that are bugging me and I can't seem to figure out.

1. The active track button - in multiple DJI official videos and on numerous websites I've seen that if you long press the active track button it should enable active track, but when I long press it the mode just switches from smart ROI to either wide or spot (whichever I used last). The only two ways I can find to activate active track are to remove my hand from the left grip and press the tiny little icon on the screen or to hold the trigger on the left grip. As soon as I let go of the trigger active track disables. So is there a way to change this behavior?

2. The Peak button - in the menu it there is a toggle to enable focus zoom by double pressing a button, it seems that is meant for the peak button. But I've enabled that toggle and double tapped all the buttons I can think of, the peak button, the AF button, the triggers, the mode button... basically I've tried them all but focus zoom definitely doesn't happen. I've been able to map the C2 button to do this, but am I missing something? Why is that toggle there in the menu if it doesn't actually do anything? Perhaps I'm just not able to figure out what button is supposed to be double pressed to enable focus zoom, but I feel like most things are pretty straight forward on this camera and in these menus, so I'm looking for guidance here.

I've updated to the latest firmware using DJI Assistant 2 with all the accessories attached, including the grips, and even did the "refresh" which seems to just update the firmware again. Everything seems good, although I can't seem to find a place that lists the current firmware version for things like the grips, so I'm not sure if they have updated. I can see their current version in the ABOUT menu, but have no reference to know if they are the most current.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Especially with active track, as the long press on the active track button to enable it seems like a fantastic feature and I'd love to use it!
2023-9-4
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

1. Your gimbal mode must be set to <FOLLOW> or <LOCK>.
Page 66 of the 4D's User Manual (v1.2) also states: "The lens must be calibrated in advance if using a third party lens."
2. I'm sure you can simply double-tap anywhere on the screen to focus zoom; one double-tap for 2x and again for 4x (once more to revert to 1x). I'm not near my camera, so I can't check which other settings may have to be activated, if any, but it's something I've always been able to do even if I rarely have.

I never worry too much about the firmware of attached peripherals as long as they were attached during the main camera update. If you have the transmitter (which has its own firmware updates) and High Bright Remote Monitor, since some users have reported having problems with the grips' compatibilty with the Remote Monitor's separate firmware updates, my admittedly expensive solution has been to buy separate grips for the monitor and restrict each pair of grips to their assigned device whether in normal use or during firmware updates.
2023-9-5
Use props
vubui
lvl.1
Sweden

TooDeep Posted at 9-5 02:17
1. Your gimbal mode must be set to  or .
Page 66 of the 4D's User Manual (v1.2) also states: "The lens must be calibrated in advance if using a third party lens."
2. I'm sure you can simply double-tap anywhere on the screen to focus zoom; one double-tap for 2x and again for 4x (once more to revert to 1x). I'm not near my camera, so I can't check which other settings may have to be activated, if any, but it's something I've always been able to do even if I rarely have.

Ok thanks, TooDeep.

Looks like neither function is mapped to a button, perhaps that has changed since the videos I saw. For Active Track you need to tap the screen or hold the trigger, and for focus zoom the double tap is also on the screen.

That clears it up, thanks! I do wish I could double tap the Peak button to zoom, but I’ve mapped it to C2 so that’ll have to do. And I’m finding that using the trigger to enable Active track temporarily isn’t so bad.
2023-9-5
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

vubui Posted at 9-5 02:48
Ok thanks, TooDeep.

Looks like neither function is mapped to a button, perhaps that has changed since the videos I saw. For Active Track you need to tap the screen or hold the trigger, and for focus zoom the double tap is also on the screen.

I get it now. You specifically want to focus zoom from a button. My 4D does that from the PEAK button on the RH grip, although I'm not sure what I did to enable it. It's actually one press for 2x zoom or two presses for 4x. There must be a menu choice which maps the button to provide focus peaking or focus zoom because I get the latter and never the former
EDIT: In <MENU> go to <Display> page right to <Focus Assistant> and change <PEAK Button Function> from currently 'Focus Peaking' or 'LIDAR Waveform' to "Focus Mag",
2023-9-5
Use props
vubui
lvl.1
Sweden

TooDeep Posted at 9-5 03:12
I get it now. You specifically want to focus zoom from a button. My 4D does that from the PEAK button on the RH grip, although I'm not sure what I did to enable it. It's actually one press for 2x zoom or two presses for 4x. There must be a menu choice which maps the button to provide focus peaking or focus zoom because I get the latter and never the former
EDIT: In  go to  page right to  and change  from currently 'Focus Peaking' or 'LIDAR Waveform' to "Focus Mag",

Haha thanks I did know that part, I guess I was being greedy because I wanted to be able to single press for focus peaking and double press for zoom so I could use them together depending on the scenario. I think I have everything figured out now and I must have just misunderstood things that I've seen.
2023-9-5
Use props
JustFloating
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19491 ft
  • >>>
Greenland

I mapped the focus magnifyer to C2, works really well
2023-9-13
Use props
vubui
lvl.1
Sweden

JustFloating Posted at 9-13 14:50
I mapped the focus magnifyer to C2, works really well

Yeah I’ve done that now. Still wish for it on the grips but it works!
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules