Time to upgrade my mini 2

2023-9-4
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, we can use the same controller and batteries.  I hope it has waypoints, and they can bring that via FW to mini 3.
2023-9-4
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

A1C Posted at 9-4 17:50
Hopefully, we can use the same controller and batteries.  I hope it has waypoints, and they can bring that via FW to mini 3.

20km - O4
2023-9-4
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

A1C Posted at 9-4 17:50

It says waypoint flight on the back of the box
2023-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-4 10:07
Have you got yours on Pre-order?

Not for me, no chance i can afford to buy another one, i can see this one being around £200 more than the MIni 3 Pro
2023-9-4
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-4 20:43
Not for me, no chance i can afford to buy another one, i can see this one being around £200 more than the MIni 3 Pro

I'm never at the front of the queue either.  Let others do the shakedown tests and find the teething troubles   My Mini3Pro will do me very well for the time being.
2023-9-4
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Saw some of the "leaking" videos these days. It would be great if DJI has kept the filter mounts and the batteries compatible to the M3P.
2023-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have a Mini 3 Pro this drone really doesn't have enough to warrant an upgrade.  a little bump in FPS,   O4 transmission when O3 works just fine and waypoints which we could do with Litchi if we really needed it.  
2023-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was going to buy this or the Air 3 but to be honest I think with my Mini 2, mini 3 pro, air 2 and Air 2s and the CAA dicking us around I think I might just spend half of this on an electric Skeg motor for one of my kayaks
2023-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks interesting!
Although I just bought a Mi3Pro, so I won't be jumping on this train for a long time!
2023-9-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

If it is not a flying toaster like the 3 and they finally put a fan in it, it may be good. "£200 more"... Tell them "they are dreaming"
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 00:03
If it is not a flying toaster like the 3 and they finally put a fan in it, it may be good. "£200 more"... Tell them "they are dreaming"

Please name 1 mini drone that have built in fan? None. Cause it will put the weight over 249g. Why do you think all dji mini drones have screw in propellers instead of clip on like the air and mavic. Cause it would put the drone over 249g. So if dji cant even add a little clip to the propeller for easy clip on, why do you think they would put a fan in it. The point of the mini series is they have to be 249g or lower.
2023-9-6
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

I have never bought a drone just because I wanted a drone. I bought my first drone so that I could do aerial photography and videography. So for me the most important upgrade DJI could bring to the rumoured Mini 4 Pro is a better camera/sensor. In particular if they have added the same stacked sensor to the Mini 4 Pro that has been added to the Air 3 this alone would be enough to persuade me to upgrade from my Mini 3 Pro. But if all I’m going to get is all round obstacle avoidance, higher frame rate and better range, I will have to think long and hard as to whether an upgrade is worth it.
2023-9-6
Use props
bluezerby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 471093 ft
United States

I just bought a Mini 3 Pro on 7/21/23 from Best Buy.  It would be nice to have an upgrade for recent purchasers.   If not I'm happy with my Mini 3 Pro and my Air 3.
2023-9-6
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-6 12:53
I have never once had any of my Minis overheat in flight (M1, M2, M3P).  I just flew a 35 minute flight yesterday & it was near 100°.  None of them have fans.

They only over heat on the ground. In the air they’re fine.
2023-9-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-6 12:53
I have never once had any of my Minis overheat in flight (M1, M2, M3P).  I just flew a 35 minute flight yesterday & it was near 100°.  None of them have fans.

So what you are saying is that, because it never happened to you, it is simply impossible that it can happen to other people in other parts of the world, where they may have a different scenario than yours?

I wish you were right...

2023-9-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-6 00:31
Please name 1 mini drone that have built in fan? None. Cause it will put the weight over 249g. Why do you think all dji mini drones have screw in propellers instead of clip on like the air and mavic. Cause it would put the drone over 249g. So if dji cant even add a little clip to the propeller for easy clip on, why do you think they would put a fan in it. The point of the mini series is they have to be 249g or lower.

Autel Nano & nano + have a built in fan and the weight is under 250g.
2023-9-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-6 17:48
Autel Nano & nano + have a built in fan and the weight is under 250g.

So yes there is a mini drone out there with a built in fan.
2023-9-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Potato mini Posted at 9-6 13:04
They only over heat on the ground. In the air they’re fine.

What about hovering in the air for still photography,I can not buy the fact that the props turning
causes enough air movement to keep the mini 3 pro cool enough.The mini 4 pro will have the same
issues.I am a still photographer and would never have the confidence that this thing will not overheat and fall in the water on me.Which is where  I spend 95 % of my time taking photos.So nope not for me.
2023-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Freetime Posted at 9-6 17:58
What about hovering in the air for still photography,I can not buy the fact that the props turning
causes enough air movement to keep the mini 3 pro cool enough.The mini 4 pro will have the same
issues.I am a still photographer and would never have the confidence that this thing will not overheat and fall in the water on me.Which is where  I spend 95 % of my time taking photos.So nope not for me.

Well it has never happened to Mini I think you are over thinking and worrying too much. It has 4 big fans on it they are called props
2023-9-6
Use props
Yazu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2351857 ft
  • >>>
Finland

issues.I am a still photographer and would never have the confidence that this thing will not overheat and fall in the water on me.Which is where  I spend 95 % of my time taking photos.So nope not for me.

I've used the Mini 3 Pro for nothing but photography, has never overheated for me whilst just hovering.
2023-9-7
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-7 02:59
Whatever floats your boat but your fears are just as unwarranted & irrational as those masking & lining up for another round of ineffectual vaccines for "Covid Hoax - Part Deux".  We are in the midst of a hot summer.  How many reports are you seeing of a Mini 3 Pro overheating in flight?

There have been a few,and that is a few too many.
2023-9-7
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-6 22:14
Well it has never happened to Mini I think you are over thinking and worrying too much. It has 4 big fans on it they are called props

I was not aware of those being called props,ya learn something new everyday.
2023-9-7
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

you cannot buy it but reality is that...props in flight create windflow that flows in the openings in the body of the drone and cools it off more than enough. simple aerodinamics and physics.
2023-9-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-7 02:12
While static on the ground the Mini 3 can overheat.  This can easily be mitigated with a small fan directed at the aircraft.  I have seen very few incidents of overheating during flight.  What I am saying is your sensationalistic "flying toaster" statement is a ridiculous exaggeration wholly disconnected from reality.

Your interpretation of reality has no real bearing on mine...

Narrow minds and obtuse people do often tend to force their opinion on other... I'm very sorry for you.

In my reality, I got the overheating message few times while flying (especially in Sport mode, when the battery gets really hot)... Forgive me for having more trust in what I have saw, than your opinion..

But here is the good news.. You don't have to believe me and I don't really care...
2023-9-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Yazu Posted at 9-7 01:34
I've used the Mini 3 Pro for nothing but photography, has never overheated for me whilst just hovering.

I'm not surprised, considering of where you are living...
2023-9-7
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-7 09:02
For every model of drone there are a few fails.  If you insist on zero chance of failure you'll never own a drone, or pretty much anything for that matter.  I believe I have seen one report of a Mini 3 Pro shutting down in flight from overheating.  How many do you think DJI has sold?

Well I own a few drones here,if your findings are only one ,that is one to many.
But I in fact have found more than one overheating and shutdown issue in flight.
Sure they have sold a lot of them,and do you think every one of those sold has been
perfect,NO they have not.The end.
2023-9-7
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

sbonev Posted at 9-7 09:49
you cannot buy it but reality is that...props in flight create windflow that flows in the openings in the body of the drone and cools it off more than enough. simple aerodinamics and physics.

Sorry still not buying it,in theory the props create windflow.
If the mini 3 pro is moving then probably fine,but when it is hovering how are the
props suppose to provide cooling when the vents are behind the camera and the props are above
the vents and off to the sides.Sorry but no dice.
2023-9-7
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-7 02:12
While static on the ground the Mini 3 can overheat.  This can easily be mitigated with a small fan directed at the aircraft.  I have seen very few incidents of overheating during flight.  What I am saying is your sensationalistic "flying toaster" statement is a ridiculous exaggeration wholly disconnected from reality.

Even a very few overheating issues is totally unacceptable
2023-9-7
Use props
weedhopper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

It confirm mini 3 pro will never have Waypoints !!!!!
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_qE5EHkvJk94v
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you got yours on Pre-order?

Are DJI taking pre orders for the mini 4 Pro?
2023-9-8
Use props
djiuser_qE5EHkvJk94v
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you got yours on Pre-order?

Are DJI taking pre orders for the mini 4 Pro?
2023-9-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-8 02:00
Dylan Mulvaney is another fella who touts his own interpretation of reality.  Coincidence?

If your drone is overheating from extensive flying in Sport mode, then I suggest a switch to Normal mode.  Not only will this mitigate any overheating issue, but as a side benefit the drone will fly further before depleting the battery.

What are you on about??? My drone doesn't overheat, remember...

Yours never did, and now you got suggestions to offer?

Now I understand, the "dirty bird"...

Later
2023-9-8
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Freetime Posted at 9-7 17:42
Sorry still not buying it,in theory the props create windflow.
If the mini 3 pro is moving then probably fine,but when it is hovering how are the
props suppose to provide cooling when the vents are behind the camera and the props are above

you know how wind works right? it is not one direction...props create windflow and vents are on the back sides of the drone, not only behind camera.  if you check carefully the design you will see the back arms position is a bit lower and directly pointing to the back vents. this cools battery which and internal hardware which is the main heating point. i have flown in some 30-40 C weather and so far have not seen a single warning for overheating. you not buying it is your problem...
2023-9-8
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-8 02:17
No one claimed every Mini 3 Pro is perfect.  Whether you buy it or not, it is likely a million+ Mini 3 Pros have been sold with but a handful of overheating in flight issues.  You are being silly, like fantasizing about zero Covid.  Applying your "logic", you should not buy anything, because nothing mass produced has zero defects or a zero failure rate.  I suggest you sell your Air 2S because some have failed in flight & crashed.  You said yourself even a single instance of failure is unacceptable.

You said it yourself ,a handful of heating issues when there should be zero issues here.
Moving on wasting my time here.
2023-9-8
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

sbonev Posted at 9-8 02:28
you know how wind works right? it is not one direction...props create windflow and vents are on the back sides of the drone, not only behind camera.  if you check carefully the design you will see the back arms position is a bit lower and directly pointing to the back vents. this cools battery which and internal hardware which is the main heating point. i have flown in some 30-40 C weather and so far have not seen a single warning for overheating. you not buying it is your problem...

If it works out for you fine ,more power to you,do I know how wind works.
I will take this in a nice way,but that is sort of an insult.If Autel can put a fan
in their Nano mini series of drones and still keep the weight under 250g.
DJI should have to problem doing the same thing.
2023-9-8
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-8 06:02
If it works out for you fine ,more power to you,do I know how wind works.
I will take this in a nice way,but that is sort of an insult.If Autel can put a fan
in their Nano mini series of drones and still keep the weight under 250g.

should have no problem doing the same thing.
There I corrected that before I get jumped on for that.
2023-9-8
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules