Mini 4 pro
66644 208 2023-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

Not sure. A nice upgrade for my mini2 for sure, hope the price will not fire up!
2023-9-8
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Freetime Posted at 9-8 06:02
If it works out for you fine ,more power to you,do I know how wind works.
I will take this in a nice way,but that is sort of an insult.If Autel can put a fan
in their Nano mini series of drones and still keep the weight under 250g.

buy an autel, obviously you can't understand the concept of how things can be done differently...and how things can work no matter how much you cannot believe it. not only fans can prevent from overheating. you can try it out next time, get the drone hovering above you and expect carefully where wind goes and how the body of the drone is...
2023-9-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_qE5EHkvJk94v Posted at 9-8 01:34
Are DJI taking pre orders for the mini 4 Pro?

It was a rhetorical question
2023-9-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was that an echo?
2023-9-8
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 9-8 07:55
buy an autel, obviously you can't understand the concept of how things can be done differently...and how things can work no matter how much you cannot believe it. not only fans can prevent from overheating. you can try it out next time, get the drone hovering above you and expect carefully where wind goes and how the body of the drone is...

Just saying the Autel drone has a fan,I did not say go out and buy one there is a difference
wake up.By the way I do have an Autel drone the Lite+ and it is a fantastic product.But I also have DJI
So I am covered.
2023-9-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-8 02:24
Notice what's missing in this screen capture?  

Hint:  A Mini 3 Pro icon representing the one you claim was overheating.

If you don't upload/sync your flight, you don't get the icon. I have learned that after two days I was here Captain Sparrow

But it is really beside the point... Obviously you just want to look cool now and are making a mess...

So far, wrong on two out of two... Why don't you just ask instead of pushing your opinions on others? You may learn something...

Instead of concentrating on those stupid icons under your name, you could try to help us to get DJI to actually listen and fix few of the issue left behind... Who knows, one day it may benefit you as well...

That is off course if you care to understand what we are on about here and try to believe that just because in life it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean anything in the larger scale...
2023-9-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

sbonev Posted at 9-8 02:28
you know how wind works right? it is not one direction...props create windflow and vents are on the back sides of the drone, not only behind camera.  if you check carefully the design you will see the back arms position is a bit lower and directly pointing to the back vents. this cools battery which and internal hardware which is the main heating point. i have flown in some 30-40 C weather and so far have not seen a single warning for overheating. you not buying it is your problem...

I'm sure that in Switzerland you have very few chances of getting the Mini 3 Pro to overheat either the electronics or the batteries. And yes the props create wind flow as you are saying, but unfortunately due to how hot air wants to raise, not descend, that doesn't work all the times as DJI was hoping...

I'm not trying to convince you that the Mini 3 Pro has issues to fly in the hot parts of the world like where I live, but I can only offer my honest experience of having the mini 3 pro overheating while updating the firmware, while hovering to take 48Mp pictures (it actually lost the plot after the third picture) and while flying in sport mode (battery overheating)...

Now the important thing to remember here is that I live in a very hot and arid region and we get often  hot air and plenty of humidity... The Mavic 3, while getting hot, has no issue around here (well, the RC pro radio does, but that's another story), but the Mini 3 Pro does have issues.. So far I haven't crashed it, but I can't honestly say that this drone fly well in summer (our summer QLD AUS).
2023-9-8
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it used the same batteries as the Mini 3 Pro and I could use it with one of my several controllers I'd buy it if I could get it with just the drone but I'm sure given DJI's history that there is no chance of THAT happening. Hence no new drone for me. Killed me to have to buy a Mavic 3 Pro with a controller so I just got the RC. Then later got the RC Pro. I'm smart like that.
2023-9-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-8 14:09
I'm sure that in Switzerland you have very few chances of getting the Mini 3 Pro to overheat either the electronics or the batteries. And yes the props create wind flow as you are saying, but unfortunately due to how hot air wants to raise, not descend, that doesn't work all the times as DJI was hoping...

I'm not trying to convince you that the Mini 3 Pro has issues to fly in the hot parts of the world like where I live, but I can only offer my honest experience of having the mini 3 pro overheating while updating the firmware, while hovering to take 48Mp pictures (it actually lost the plot after the third picture) and while flying in sport mode (battery overheating)...

whilst on the ground  aside, the only times that it doesnt work is 1, the drone is flown above the recommended temp or 2, the drone is in a hover, the latter can be cause for overheating if the outside temp is hot and there is little external wind.
2023-9-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-8 15:37
Actually, First Officer Wade, you get the icon when you activate & register a product to your DJI account.  Personally it seems your mission here is just to be contrary.

You made the nonsensical claim that the Mini 3 Pro is a "toaster oven".   As I stated in my original comment, it can overheat while sitting statically on the ground, like while performing an update or transfering files.  This issue is easily preventable with a small fan.  It does not, however, in the overwhelming number of cases, overheat while in the air.  That is just a simple fact.  There are very few reports of a Mini 3 Pro overheating while in flight.  Period.  This we are not going to agree on.

That's rubbish...

Anyway,...

2023-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-9 00:23
That's rubbish...

Anyway,...

No its not rubbish, that is how it works, and you did say that yours overheats and then in the next breath said it doesn't overheat, DB is only going on what you say and quite frankly its full of it with no evidence that you actually have one, youre arguing for the sake of it and making yourself look silly.
2023-9-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 9-9 18:50
No its not rubbish, that is how it works, and you did say that yours overheats and then in the next breath said it doesn't overheat, DB is only going on what you say and quite frankly its full of it with no evidence that you actually have one, youre arguing for the sake of it and making yourself look silly.

Sorry guys, but you can't expect to be taken seriously when your dialogue is so confusing... You really need to learn to read between the lines...

I wasn't even talking to you and your opinion is just wasted around here...
2023-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-9 20:02
Sorry guys, but you can't expect to be taken seriously when your dialogue is so confusing... You really need to learn to read between the lines...

I wasn't even talking to you and your opinion is just wasted around here...

Its only confusing to you because you don't remember what you say from one minute to the next.

You are also confused because you do not know how the DJI product icon is assigned members' profiles.

Whether or not you were talking to me inititally is irrelevant, I was talking to you, if you post incorrect statements then, heck, one must jump in, anyhoo, you've replied and therefore you are now talking to me, and what with it being a public forum an all, i do not have to seek anyone's permission to jump in, if you don't like it, all you had to do is ignore me, i wouldnt have had any reason to reply to you this time ;)
2023-9-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 9-9 21:49
Its only confusing to you because you don't remember what you say from one minute to the next.

You are also confused because you do not know how the DJI product icon is assigned members' profiles.

You are a good guy Bashy but you are just too much... Too many people here constantly trying to push their beliefs on others...

Go and have a nice coffee with your wife, or take a stroll in the park... I don't have either the time or the inclination to constantly fix what you read wrong...

Again go back and read the entire thing between myself and the other member and you may see where you went wrong and misunderstood the direction....

I guess sarcasm is not your forte, but that shouldn't have to be my problem...

Regarding the icon read this:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 347&pid=1419933

I have never sync my mini 3 pro flight with DJI... Happy?

2023-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-9 22:00
You are a good guy Bashy but you are just too much... Too many people here constantly trying to push their beliefs on others...

Go and have a nice coffee with your wife, or take a stroll in the park... I don't have either the time or the inclination to constantly fix what you read wrong...

Wouldnt it just be better to actually explain which post and why i have read it wrong as opposed to writing all that?
2023-9-9
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 9-9 22:05
Wouldnt it just be better to actually explain which post and why i have read it wrong as opposed to writing all that?

Wouldn't be even quicker if you took your time to read the posts so that you know exactly what's actually happening?

Sometimes I do the same mistake when I jump between posts...

And I don't want to ignore your replies as this is supposed to be a happy community... I got no problems with you...
2023-9-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-9 22:14
Wouldn't be even quicker if you took your time to read the posts so that you know exactly what's actually happening?

Sometimes I do the same mistake when I jump between posts...

Actually not when i aint got a clue what youre referring to, seen as you cant or wont explain then my reply stands cause there is no way i am going to read it all again just to try to find an elusive thread that may or may not tie your replies together and give me a different perspective, see, you could have explained by now and i could be out sunbathing, oh, maybe not, no UV out yet, either way, this would have been over...
2023-9-9
Use props
Tavus
lvl.2

Germany

I got the Air 3 2 days ago and sent the Mini 3 Pro back. Since I have a drone license and the Air 3 has the C1 label, I can do almost as much with the Air 3 as with the Mini 3 Pro atleast here in Germany .In addition, the Air 3 (from my own experience I use the Air 3 commercially) looks more professional to customers ^^.
2023-9-10
Use props
woobird
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88586 ft
United Kingdom

Freetime Posted at 9-6 17:58
What about hovering in the air for still photography,I can not buy the fact that the props turning
causes enough air movement to keep the mini 3 pro cool enough.The mini 4 pro will have the same
issues.I am a still photographer and would never have the confidence that this thing will not overheat and fall in the water on me.Which is where  I spend 95 % of my time taking photos.So nope not for me.

it never over heats in flight, it has 4 fans called props that give plenty of air flow, I fly over water a lot never any problem with heat
2023-9-10
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

woobird Posted at 9-10 03:44
it never over heats in flight, it has 4 fans called props that give plenty of air flow, I fly over water a lot never any problem with heat

Are you shooting video over water and therefore the mini will be moving all the time.
Or are you doing a lot of hovering in place for still photos.
if it is moving of course it MAY not overheat.
2023-9-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

I think so because the guys at the top of the thread mentioned it and they usually know what they are talking about.
2023-9-10
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-6 17:50
So yes there is a mini drone out there with a built in fan.

they’re also way more expensive than category counterparts. Besides, my Mini 3 Pro has endured Saudi desert heat for a couple hours of high usage. You’re going to waste money getting a feature that is negligible at best instead of just getting a DJI Mini drone. Of course, everyone has their own way so YMMV.
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

Freetime Posted at 9-6 17:58
What about hovering in the air for still photography,I can not buy the fact that the props turning
causes enough air movement to keep the mini 3 pro cool enough.The mini 4 pro will have the same
issues.I am a still photographer and would never have the confidence that this thing will not overheat and fall in the water on me.Which is where  I spend 95 % of my time taking photos.So nope not for me.

I don’t know how long you’ve been operating drones, but I’ve been using drones for over 9 years now. I do A LOT of still photography and videos. I’ve NEVER had overheating issues with my DJI drones, hovering over water or otherwise. Risk only what you can afford, but I think you should be fine without a built in fan.
2023-9-11
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Burt37 Posted at 9-8 14:09

I'm not trying to convince you that the Mini 3 Pro has issues to fly in the hot parts of the world like where I live, but I can only offer my honest experience of having the mini 3 pro overheating while updating the firmware, while hovering to take 48Mp pictures (it actually lost the plot after the third picture) and while flying in sport mode (battery overheating)...

i am sure you can see i don't fly it in Switzerland only. And if you have not been aware here summers tend to be too hot and comparable with Australia. So you can't convince me in something i have personally experienced...
2023-9-11
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

interesting news depending on the price. I may upgrade my mini2 for a mini4 , just for  the omnidirectional avoidance features and still be under the .55 pound drone class.  that would be a good upgrade, I wonder when the mavic 4 is going to be next?
2023-9-11
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Camera specs?
2023-9-11
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

sbonev Posted at 9-11 07:53
i am sure you can see i don't fly it in Switzerland only. And if you have not been aware here summers tend to be too hot and comparable with Australia. So you can't convince me in something i have personally experienced...

Ok.. I must have a faulty Mini 3 Pro then...
2023-9-11
Use props
Alienito
New

United Kingdom

Call me when they're waterproof and can float and take off on water...
2023-9-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 9-11 07:56
interesting news depending on the price. I may upgrade my mini2 for a mini4 , just for  the omnidirectional avoidance features and still be under the .55 pound drone class.  that would be a good upgrade, I wonder when the mavic 4 is going to be next?

Easily for Xmas I'm sure!
2023-9-11
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-11 15:44
Easily for Xmas I'm sure!

that be nice
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_mEKSS3pdbvvH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 9-5 00:08
If you have a Mini 3 Pro this drone really doesn't have enough to warrant an upgrade.  a little bump in FPS,   O4 transmission when O3 works just fine and waypoints which we could do with Litchi if we really needed it.

360 Obstacle Avoidance and RC 2 are the only 2 attractive for me.  
2023-9-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_mEKSS3pdbvvH Posted at 9-11 19:16
360 Obstacle Avoidance and RC 2 are the only 2 attractive for me.

The waypoint system will be nice
2023-9-11
Use props
djiuser_FlZyRsvEDt0w
lvl.1

Thailand

Did you fix the range issues ?  I can’t get more than 1000 meters on my mini 3.  So you should man up and fix your gear.  You can’t rely on 13 year old trolls to defend you in the comments DJI.
2023-9-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_FlZyRsvEDt0w Posted at 9-11 20:33
Did you fix the range issues ?  I can’t get more than 1000 meters on my mini 3.  So you should man up and fix your gear.  You can’t rely on 13 year old trolls to defend you in the comments DJI.

Who was that aimed at?
2023-9-11
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

As a newbie I would like to know what "waypoints" means ?

The only advantage I see for me with the version 4 are probably additional lateral distance sensors

I find the video recordings with 2.7K (1440p) and 60fps with the Mini3Pro to be very sharp and sufficient

2023-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 9-11 21:40
As a newbie I would like to know what "waypoints" means ?

The only advantage I see for me with the version 4 are probably additional lateral distance sensors

Hi there. In Waypoint flight mode, the aircraft can automatically complete a preset flight trajectory and shooting actions according to the planned route parameters. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_mEKSS3pdbvvH Posted at 9-11 19:16
360 Obstacle Avoidance and RC 2 are the only 2 attractive for me.

Neither do it for me,   O3 on the Mini 3 can outfly the battery for distance already and who needs OA if you know how to fly.
2023-9-11
Use props
SPACECADET2U
lvl.2

United States

I am ready for this one.  Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2023-9-12
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

One thing we'll have to ask ourselves folks is whether this one
is going to have the upgraded 1/1.3 sensor the Air 3 has.
Better low light performance will be the factor for me to upgrade. Period.
2023-9-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

fable Posted at 9-12 06:59
One thing we'll have to ask ourselves folks is whether this one
is going to have the upgraded 1/1.3 sensor the Air 3 has.
Better low light performance will be the factor for me to upgrade. Period.

I doubt it.
2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules