Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5215715 ft
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 9-16 03:44
Love my MINI3 Pro, with the RC Screen, been flying it for 12 months now and had excellent results. Just bought an AIR3 to cope with more windy conditions when we are on holiday in Scotland - and to give more options for videography, the 2nd camera and the extra speed and ascent plus more stable...

MINI4 Pro looks like its going to be an amazing drone, especially with the all round OA, but for me there isnt enogh extra features as yet to make it worthwhile upgrading from my MINI3 Pro - and with funds being not unlimited I can't justify replacing the MINI3 Pro as yet as it is a very capable drone. I will look forwards to seeing all the specs and how amazing it is, but it will be a while longer before I buy a third dorne, and that will probably be an FPV Avata before I look at another MINI drone...

I was slow to warming up to the Avata. I sold it, then missed it, so I bought it again. I will not give it now.  ;)

You will enjoy the Avate. (I would recomend buying the Controller 2., it will be easier to transition to the FPV with a controller that works the way your mind knows how to fly a drone.
2023-9-17
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2747100 ft
United Kingdom

HD Pilot Posted at 9-17 13:32
I was slow to warming up to the Avata. I sold it, then missed it, so I bought it again. I will not give it now.  ;)

You will enjoy the Avate. (I would recomend buying the Controller 2., it will be easier to transition to the FPV with a controller that works the way your mind knows how to fly a drone.

Thanks, I've had a couple of flights with a friends AVATA and the Control;ler 2, it is definitelty on my shopping list..
2023-9-17
Use props
Rich Bridoux-Kenyon
New

Belgium

When will DJI release it?
2023-9-18
Use props
Rich Bridoux-Kenyon
New

Belgium

I hear 22nd?
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_BcW0MMynRO7a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

25 or 26 September
2023-9-18
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

Once the M4P will be out, the price cut on M3P will have to be more important, I think they are selling their M3P stock. From buyer's point of view, it's better to wait (M3P or M4P).
2023-9-18
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It's this thing of O3 and O4. If every time a new drone comes out and you need to buy a new controller with it, this becomes ridiculous. It looks like the new Mini 4 will be a new bird that is not backward compatible (just a guess since this was the case with the Air3). I liked the fact that when the Mavic 3 Classic came out, they offered it without the controller. It worked with the controllers I already have. When the Mavic 3 Pro came out, you HAD to buy it with the controller. That stopped me from buying the Pro.
2023-9-18
Use props
djiuser_Gn02OiTL5mGa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4344373 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if the batteries are going to be the same on the Mini 4 Pro as they are on the Mini 3 Pro/Mini 3? To where you can use the regular or the plus battery? Or are they changing the battery style and only having one that does 34 minutes? Thank you.
2023-9-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HD Pilot Posted at 9-18 08:42
It's this thing of O3 and O4. If every time a new drone comes out and you need to buy a new controller with it, this becomes ridiculous. It looks like the new Mini 4 will be a new bird that is not backward compatible (just a guess since this was the case with the Air3). I liked the fact that when the Mavic 3 Classic came out, they offered it without the controller. It worked with the controllers I already have. When the Mavic 3 Pro came out, you HAD to buy it with the controller. That stopped me from buying the Pro.

That would make it so it cannot be used with the RC Pro,  so perhaps the RC Pro 2 will be on its way soon...
2023-9-18
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-18 18:29
That would make it so it cannot be used with the RC Pro,  so perhaps the RC Pro 2 will be on its way soon...

LOL, So funny ... Another brick in the wall!
2023-9-18
Use props
Obtuso
lvl.3
Flight distance : 770046 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Possible Release date: September 25th 2023
https://dronexl.co/2023/09/18/dji-mini-4-pro-release-date/
2023-9-18
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3

France

Interesting, as well as the package content by https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com ... e-images-and-specs/
(the source):

There is a mention of specific FMC-Plus kit with intelligent battery "plus".
The M4P will be some kind of mini-air3, as it is very close to this last one in terms of functionalities.

2023-9-18
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

greg_p Posted at 9-18 06:00
Once the M4P will be out, the price cut on M3P will have to be more important, I think they are selling their M3P stock. From buyer's point of view, it's better to wait (M3P or M4P).

The Mini 3 Pro is currently on sale for 100 euros less and I don't think the future price will fall any further, but rather rise again somewhat AND the new Mini 4 Pro will be at least 200-300 euros more expensive in my opinion. This makes the Mini 4 Pro very close in price to the Air 3, but the Mini 4 Pro can justify the high price due to its small size with a more complex construction and production and plus quieter noise.

2023-9-19
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Question: Why don't I see this thread in the "Mini Series" folder and also not under "DJI Mini 3 Pro" folder ?

I can only find this thread in my "Notices" or with the search function ?

2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_uroAAhUBvud5
lvl.1

Brazil

greg_p Posted at 9-18 22:46
Interesting, as well as the package content by https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com ... e-images-and-specs/
(the source):
[view_image]

By this we can see that the propellers and the batteries will be compatible
2023-9-19
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3

France

True! didn't even notice.
2023-9-19
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3

France

Space Dream Posted at 9-19 01:46
Question: Why don't I see this thread in the "Mini Series" folder and also not under "DJI Mini 3 Pro" folder ?

I can only find this thread in my "Notices" or with the search function ?

Probably because it's not out yet...
Edit: just received the mail, and it's on the homepage of DJI:
Mini to the Max

Reserve now to be the first to know on launch day!
25.9.2023 | 2:00 PM (BST)

2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_G9FIgnpuniqT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-6 13:16
So what you are saying is that, because it never happened to you, it is simply impossible that it can happen to other people in other parts of the world, where they may have a different scenario than yours?

I wish you were right...

Never happened to me either. 35 degrees in Florida doing an update it got warm but never shutdown due to ever heating.
2023-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deffo the Mini 4...

2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_gBsmRVz4Qqww
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2901063 ft
United Kingdom

Unless this has a a far better camera it will not be happening. I buy a drone for it camera and nothing else.
2023-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

greg_p Posted at 9-18 22:46
(the source):
[view_image]

20km is a big jump, lets hope the Mini 4 Pro isnt as susceptible to the alignment as the MIni 3 Pro
2023-9-19
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The early tease .. announcement!   https://www.dji.com/trailer?utm_ ... p;sc_uid=DGgr37jvtx
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_2OjWZfRGmb2m
New
Flight distance : 55292 ft
Latvia

Meh, a month ago bought mini 3 pro, i like it a lot.
Feels weird that now will be launched newer version and this gives a bitter taste overall. Mini 3 Pro is a great drone for most of us, I will play with it, and maybe after some time i will get newer version (Mini 5 Pro?), or FPV.
Remember, cool to have best tools to create great content, but it is mostly depending from your skills and less from tool.
2023-9-19
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

There is nothing like knowing how to wait for the moment and not waste time speculating nonsense.
Now we know when D-day will be, and at what time
2023-9-19
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3

France

Ocusync4 is not a big deal but it's the new standard, so a bump in RC price.
The camera looks the same, but it is also the same as air3, and I don't think they can put a better cam in the mini 4 than in the air3, that is also new.
For me, the best feature add will be APAS5 with 360 protection.
I would have a mini3 pro, It wouldn't be interesting, but I have a mini2, so either 3pro or 4pro would be a great improvement.
I also would expect that some mini3 pro defect to be corrected.
2023-9-19
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

djiuser_2OjWZfRGmb2m Posted at 9-19 06:27
Meh, a month ago bought mini 3 pro, i like it a lot.
Feels weird that now will be launched newer version and this gives a bitter taste overall. Mini 3 Pro is a great drone for most of us, I will play with it, and maybe after some time i will get newer version (Mini 5 Pro?), or FPV.
Remember, cool to have best tools to create great content, but it is mostly depending from your skills and less from tool.

I'm really sad that now probably so quick a successor for the Mini 3 Pro will come out. On the one hand, the Mini 4 Pro will probably have more capabilities of which I find the 360 degrees Sensorig really good and on the other hand, the Mini 3 Pro was reduced in price by a whole 100 euros and I find it really hard to cope! With DJI I have come to no Verrständnisvollen solution, they are only interested in sales but not in a really understanding customer service, that's my conclusion anyway.
2023-9-19
Use props
Obtuso
lvl.3
Flight distance : 770046 ft
  • >>>
Spain

New mini 4 pro on DJI website (levels adjusted)

2023-9-19
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

September 25th now we have a date
2023-9-19
Use props
TenaciousM
lvl.2

United States

I currently have the Mini 3 Pro and need the waypoints.  

Does the Mini 3 Pro offer the ability to plug in GPS coordinates to the RC1 controller and fly to them?  

Will the Mini Pro 4 since it has waypoints?  This seems to be the bird I have been waiting for.  Plus I love the extended range of the RC2 and the 360 ° obstacle avoidance.
2023-9-19
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

djiuser_G9FIgnpuniqT Posted at 9-19 05:43
Never happened to me either. 35 degrees in Florida doing an update it got warm but never shutdown due to ever heating.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 025&pid=3127960
2023-9-19
Use props
TenaciousM
lvl.2

United States

Guess who's back.... back again lol
2023-9-19
Use props
Mark MarkySF
lvl.1

United States

i hope they redesign the batteries.    All three of the original batteries I purchased with my Mini 3 Pro cracked (in the same place) and can't be used.  The batteries are too expensive to be treated as disposable.  

2023-9-19
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

It's sucks to see the RC 2 specs. 700 nits brightness again?? Come on DJI, at least increase a little bit?
2023-9-19
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark MarkySF Posted at 9-19 15:16
i hope they redesign the batteries.    All three of the original batteries I purchased with my Mini 3 Pro cracked (in the same place) and can't be used.  The batteries are too expensive to be treated as disposable.  

[view_image]

Must be squeezing them too hard!.. I have 3 for a year now.. never had one break!
2023-9-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[view_image]

I have 3 standard and 1 plus battery and not had this issue as yet, but then i don't press it all the way, if you grip it just right, you cant depress it too far without it becoming uncomfortable. You only need to depress it enough for it to unlatch, i cant see why folk are pushing it in beyond its limit
2023-9-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-8 15:37
Actually, First Officer Wade, you get the icon when you activate & register a product to your DJI account.  Personally it seems your mission here is just to be contrary.

You made the nonsensical claim that the Mini 3 Pro is a "toaster oven".   As I stated in my original comment, it can overheat while sitting statically on the ground, like while performing an update or transfering files.  This issue is easily preventable with a small fan.  It does not, however, in the overwhelming number of cases, overheat while in the air.  That is just a simple fact.  There are very few reports of a Mini 3 Pro overheating while in flight.  Period.  This we are not going to agree on.

Not correct. I have multiple products that do not appear in my icons. It's hit and miss unfortunately. many have complained about this.
My Air 3 is missing and my Mavic 3 Pro and my Action 4. etc.

Yes I am a DJI fanboy.
2023-9-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Burt37 Posted at 9-11 13:59
Ok.. I must have a faulty Mini 3 Pro then...

Mate they all overheat when doing a FW update as the  props are not spinning, except for the Air 3 that can do a FW update without being powered on.. I think your detractors have missed this point.  
2023-9-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm up for the Mini 4  pro. Have the buy button ready to press. I could use another spare RC 2 controller.                                        
2023-9-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 9-20 00:21
Not correct. I have multiple products that do not appear in my icons. It's hit and miss unfortunately. many have complained about this.
My Air 3 is missing and my Mavic 3 Pro and my Action 4. etc.

I think hes just saying that that is how its supposed to work and not how the other person thought it did, that's the gist of it anyway
2023-9-20
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

[view_image]

This looks unusual as all 3 have this error. Are these really original DJI batteries ?
And is it possible that the plastic has become brittle due to improper storage ?
Some bags/cases can emit unfavorable vapors that could cause demage ...

2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules