10 BIGGEST Drone MISTAKES New Pilots Make | DJI AIR 3

2023-9-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Another informative video from Matthew.  
2023-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-5 11:53
Nice find DA.    Another informative video from Matthew.

It took a couple of days before it appeared in my feed for some odd reason,   some are saying he has Mini 4 now though.
2023-9-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 00:50
It took a couple of days before it appeared in my feed for some odd reason,   some are saying he has Mini 4 now though.

No problem.  It was still worth the watch.  

I hope he has a Mini 4 for testing.  From what little I've read it doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade over the Mini 3 Pro and unless you need omnidirectional obstacle avoidance or possibly waypoints.  I'm a bit more excited about the Pocket 3 but that doesn't mean I will give up on the Mini 4, mostly because I love the Occusync 4 that it should have.  
2023-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-6 13:44
No problem.  It was still worth the watch.  

I hope he has a Mini 4 for testing.  From what little I've read it doesn't seem to be a huge upgrade over the Mini 3 Pro and unless you need omnidirectional obstacle avoidance or possibly waypoints.  I'm a bit more excited about the Pocket 3 but that doesn't mean I will give up on the Mini 4, mostly because I love the Occusync 4 that it should have.

Unless the Mini 4 camera gets a good bump I wont be upgrading this time,  Im a bit disappointed what they appear to be doing with the controller.   
2023-9-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-7 00:00
Unless the Mini 4 camera gets a good bump I wont be upgrading this time,  Im a bit disappointed what they appear to be doing with the controller.

Maybe they'll surprise us with a dual camera similar to the Air 3.  Probably not based on the leaked images.  
2023-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-7 03:05
Maybe they'll surprise us with a dual camera similar to the Air 3.  Probably not based on the leaked images.

A better sensor would win me over I think.
2023-9-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-8 01:22
A better sensor would win me over I think.

That would definitely be a very nice upgrade.  Even better if it had a non-fixed aperture.  
2023-9-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-8 13:17
That would definitely be a very nice upgrade.  Even better if it had a non-fixed aperture.

There is no chance that will happen,   but I have seem some rumours now that it is getting the new sensor from the Air3.
2023-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 00:40
There is no chance that will happen,   but I have seem some rumours now that it is getting the new sensor from the Air3.

That would also be great!
2023-9-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-9 04:18
That would also be great!

Someone posted that it's now in the FCC database, but Ive not checked that myself yet.  
2023-9-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-9 23:50
Someone posted that it's now in the FCC database, but Ive not checked that myself yet.

It's in the FCC database.  Interesting that lots of the filing documentation dates back 4 months ago.

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT4MFVD23
2023-9-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-10 05:02
It's in the FCC database.  Interesting that lots of the filing documentation dates back 4 months ago.

https://fccid.io/SS3-MT4MFVD23

Well found,  And its showing the new frequency for O4 so thats a confirmation I reckon.
2023-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-10 23:53
Well found,  And its showing the new frequency for O4 so thats a confirmation I reckon.

Yes, confirmed for OS4 so it should come with RC2 or RC N2.  
2023-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 03:19
Yes, confirmed for OS4 so it should come with RC2 or RC N2.

And will you be getting one?
2023-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-11 03:26
And will you be getting one?

I'm not planning on it at this time but then again I wasn't planning on bumping up from the Air 2S to the Air 3 either.    Right now I'm more looking forward to what the Pocket 3 will bring to market.
2023-9-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 12:51
I'm not planning on it at this time but then again I wasn't planning on bumping up from the Air 2S to the Air 3 either.    Right now I'm more looking forward to what the Pocket 3 will bring to market.

Yes,   Im really hoping we see Pocket 3 this year.    Im all geared up to take some Timelapse of sunrise whilst Im flying.  
2023-9-11
Use props
Hamid Blogger
lvl.1

Pakistan

Hey fellow drone enthusiasts!

I couldn't agree more with the topic of this post; flying a drone can be an incredibly rewarding experience, but it's not without its challenges. New pilots often make some common mistakes that can lead to mishaps and frustration. However, with the right guidance and practice, these mistakes can be easily avoided.

I found a fantastic article on DroneProHub.com that delves deeper into the challenges of drone piloting and offers some excellent advice for beginners. You can check it out here: How Hard Is It to Fly a Drone? https://droneprohub.com/how-hard-is-it-to-fly-a-drone/

I highly recommend reading the article as it provides valuable insights into the learning curve of drone flying, common pitfalls to watch out for, and tips to improve your piloting skills. Whether you're a DJI Air 3 owner or any other drone model, the principles discussed in the article are universally applicable.
2023-9-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-11 23:52
Yes,   Im really hoping we see Pocket 3 this year.    Im all geared up to take some Timelapse of sunrise whilst Im flying.

I saw several rumors today for release of Mini 4 on 15 September but nothing new on Pocket 3.  
2023-9-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5092024 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good tips on this
2023-9-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No probs BetterBizTech.   
2023-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-12 13:02
I saw several rumors today for release of Mini 4 on 15 September but nothing new on Pocket 3.

But surely thats too soon as the event email has not come out yet.  
2023-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-13 00:42
But surely thats too soon as the event email has not come out yet.

No doubt you are right but that was the expectation being discussed on that one Reddit thread.  I'm thinking more like end of the month.  Intel says they are not yet in stock at buddy's store.
2023-9-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-13 13:09
No doubt you are right but that was the expectation being discussed on that one Reddit thread.  I'm thinking more like end of the month.  Intel says they are not yet in stock at buddy's store.

It's not going to be long for sure,  now its in the FCC DB.    Although I wonder if it will get a lacklustre launch like the Mini 3 non pro as it's so little different.
2023-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 01:07
It's not going to be long for sure,  now its in the FCC DB.    Although I wonder if it will get a lacklustre launch like the Mini 3 non pro as it's so little different.

I'm thinking there will be plenty of early adopters and newbies attracted enough to buy it and also some Mini and Mini 2 pilots might desire to upgrade.
2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-14 10:52
I'm thinking there will be plenty of early adopters and newbies attracted enough to buy it and also some Mini and Mini 2 pilots might desire to upgrade.

It will be a great update if you're coming from a Mini 2 or less,  but unless that camera gets a good boost I doubt I will upgrade.     Unless they do an apple on us,    with the new Apple Watch it can detect you taping you thumb and finger together to do actions like answer a call or silence an alarm,   they made a big deal about how the new watch has all this complex tech to do it,   and they wont bring that feature to the last gen watch,  sadly though the last 3 generations of watch had that feature if you turned on settings for disabled people.
2023-9-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 22:31
It will be a great update if you're coming from a Mini 2 or less,  but unless that camera gets a good boost I doubt I will upgrade.     Unless they do an apple on us,    with the new Apple Watch it can detect you taping you thumb and finger together to do actions like answer a call or silence an alarm,   they made a big deal about how the new watch has all this complex tech to do it,   and they wont bring that feature to the last gen watch,  sadly though the last 3 generations of watch had that feature if you turned on settings for disabled people.

I'm not hearing as much hype about the new Apple products this time around.  Maybe with the economy the way it is people are no longer getting a new phone or watch every cycle.  That iPhone 15 Pro does look appealing.  
2023-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-15 11:34
I'm not hearing as much hype about the new Apple products this time around.  Maybe with the economy the way it is people are no longer getting a new phone or watch every cycle.  That iPhone 15 Pro does look appealing.

Most of the apple news seems to be about the change to USB-C,   damn foolish mistake by the EU idiots again.  They dont seem to realise just because they have the same connector that you cant use the same chargers for all devices.  
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 00:41
Most of the apple news seems to be about the change to USB-C,   damn foolish mistake by the EU idiots again.  They dont seem to realise just because they have the same connector that you cant use the same chargers for all devices.

"USB-C has become a universally accepted standard so we're bringing USB-C to iPhone 15," said Kaiann Drance, vice president of iPhone product marketing.  Apple's shift is an example of how European Union regulations make companies decide it's easier to comply than make different products for different regions.

Retiring the Lightning cable will  generate, in the short term, a surge of e-waste as iPhone users toss their useless Lightning cables in a bin.  No doubt Apple also have financial concerns over having to to change.
2023-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-16 08:09
"USB-C has become a universally accepted standard so we're bringing USB-C to iPhone 15," said Kaiann Drance, vice president of iPhone product marketing.  Apple's shift is an example of how European Union regulations make companies decide it's easier to comply than make different products for different regions.

Retiring the Lightning cable will  generate, in the short term, a surge of e-waste as iPhone users toss their useless Lightning cables in a bin.  No doubt Apple also have financial concerns over having to to change.

Not just cables but possibly the charger too as the usbc cable provided does fit the existing chargers people have.   

As I say damn foolish as there’s more to usbc than just the plug.     The eu would say oh you’ve got a usbc charger you can charge any usbc devices which is untrue.  My laptop needs usbc  60w but if I plug my DJI smart controller into that charger it won’t charge it needs 10w or less,  and then there’s of a various which charge protocols on top.  So my 60w usbc charger will not fast charge my DJI mini 3 batteries as it’s not of compatible.  
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 08:42
Not just cables but possibly the charger too as the usbc cable provided does fit the existing chargers people have.   

As I say damn foolish as there’s more to usbc than just the plug.     The eu would say oh you’ve got a usbc charger you can charge any usbc devices which is untrue.  My laptop needs usbc  60w but if I plug my DJI smart controller into that charger it won’t charge it needs 10w or less,  and then there’s of a various which charge protocols on top.  So my 60w usbc charger will not fast charge my DJI mini 3 batteries as it’s not of compatible.

I agree with you.  I was just saying Apple fought it for as long as they could but had to succumb to meet EU laws and didn't want to have a separate production line just for UK bound products.  I can tell that this doesn't set well with you and probably many other Apple users.  

2023-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-16 09:08
I agree with you.  I was just saying Apple fought it for as long as they could but had to succumb to meet EU laws and didn't want to have a separate production line just for UK bound products.  I can tell that this doesn't set well with you and probably many other Apple users.

I really dont like the USB C plug,   compared to lightning it doesn't self centre and I have to think about where I charge things rather than the plug just dictating that.
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-16 23:11
I really dont like the USB C plug,   compared to lightning it doesn't self centre and I have to think about where I charge things rather than the plug just dictating that.

Having always used Android products I'm used to USB C plugs.  They are definitely much better than the previous USB A plugs.  They were hard to line up properly.  
2023-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-17 05:25
Having always used Android products I'm used to USB C plugs.  They are definitely much better than the previous USB A plugs.  They were hard to line up properly.

Have you noticed how some people though have damage around the usb c socket where they struggle to line it up.
2023-9-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-18 23:09
Have you noticed how some people though have damage around the usb c socket where they struggle to line it up.

That's one thing I haven't noticed since USB C came out.  USB A was notorious for having damage around the socket because it was much harder to line up.  
2023-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-19 03:02
That's one thing I haven't noticed since USB C came out.  USB A was notorious for having damage around the socket because it was much harder to line up.

Just wait until USB-D is more mainstream.   https://www.datapro.net/news/usb-type-d-connector-unveiled.html
2023-9-19
Use props
BravoTango3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100427 ft

United States

Love this video. The return to home update was awesome. Did not know that one.
2023-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope to make none
3-10 01:55
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain