AUX light control disabled - dont Understand
479 11 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Dji,
Why have the Mavic 3 enterprise still aux light control (with C label) and the Mavic 3 (pro) not (with C label)?

What is the reason that we in CE region can not put the aux light on or off in the night?
There is no law about that.
2023-9-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post #10 of
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... c-3-classic.134134/
perhaps?
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Actually it is the law there. Dji staff already answered this question in another post. They said it is due to regulations and it is set to auto and users are not able to turn it on or off. How about you go to your government and tell them to lighten to regulations on drones. XD....while in USA we Americans are still able to turn our lights on or off. I usually keep my off until I am coming in to land then I turn it on with the back buttons.
Screenshot_20230906_092307_Chrome.jpg
2023-9-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-6 06:19
Actually it is the law there. Dji staff already answered this question in another post. They said it is due to regulations and it is set to auto and users are not able to turn it on or off. How about you go to your government and tell them to lighten to regulations on drones. XD....while in USA we Americans are still able to turn our lights on or off. I usually keep my off until I am coming in to land then I turn it on with the back buttons.

I'm curious what the logic behind this law is? The lights can be disabled with a single piece of electrical tape. Except now this is more dangerous because they are disabled permanently or at least for the current flight. The same politicians who say our carbon footprint is killing the planet take away our ability to turn off a light switch. It makes sense if you don't think about it.
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-6 14:29
I'm curious what the logic behind this law is? The lights can be disabled with a single piece of electrical tape. Except now this is more dangerous because they are disabled permanently or at least for the current flight. The same politicians who say our carbon footprint is killing the planet take away our ability to turn off a light switch. It makes sense if you don't think about it.

The point of it being disable in some country and have it on permanently is so the drone is more easily spotted at night. The law will depend on your country. Sure you can tape it but then you are breaking the law. Like people break vlos law and fly 5-8 miles away lol. Or like people flying higher than 120m/400 feet into aircraft air space. Or how pilot fly over people which you aren't allow. Or fly near airports. There are many laws we can easily break. But are you willing to break the law just cause you can? Thats up to you to decide if you want to break the law.
2023-9-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-6 15:16
The point of it being disable in some country and have it on permanently is so the drone is more easily spotted at night. The law will depend on your country. Sure you can tape it but then you are breaking the law. Like people break vlos law and fly 5-8 miles away lol. Or like people flying higher than 120m/400 feet into aircraft air space. Or how pilot fly over people which you aren't allow. Or fly near airports. There are many laws we can easily break. But are you willing to break the law just cause you can? Thats up to you to decide if you want to break the law.

These controllable aux lights are how many payload releases are activated. They use a photocell that is triggered by the aux light turning on to release. So now this can no longer be the way these work. Here in the US the FAA leaves this decision of having or not having lights up to the pilots discretion.  If it is in the best interest of safety to have all lights disabled then there's nothing illegal about turning them off. If a criminal in other countries doesn't want lights then they will easily cover them up regardless. However, now every law abiding citizen just lost their ability to control their own aux light. So at the end of the day your average responsible pilot loses and the criminal is still flying around with no lights to be seen. Understand now?
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-6 15:38
These controllable aux lights are how many payload releases are activated. They use a photocell that is triggered by the aux light turning on to release. So now this can no longer be the way these work. Here in the US the FAA leaves this decision of having or not having lights up to the pilots discretion.  If it is in the best interest of safety to have all lights disabled then there's nothing illegal about turning them off. If a criminal in other countries doesn't want lights then they will easily cover them up regardless. However, now every law abiding citizen just lost their ability to control their own aux light. So at the end of the day your average responsible pilot loses and the criminal is still flying around with no lights to be seen. Understand now?

Well then the people in these 27 EU countries can go to their government and protest about it to have it changed. Its not dji fault. Dji is a comany and they must obey by the law. That is why they disable it. Asking dji to turn it back on for these EU folks is asking dji to break the law. They wont do it. As for criminal flying their drones at night having their lights off to do crimes with a drone. Thats on them. Its like in America. Asking the gov why they want to ban guns when criminals will still go out and get guns. Lol. Criminals will never follow to law....but ask yourself, are you a criminal? XD.
2023-9-6
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 9-6 16:02
Well then the people in these 27 EU countries can go to their government and protest about it to have it changed. Its not dji fault. Dji is a comany and they must obey by the law. That is why they disable it. Asking dji to turn it back on for these EU folks is asking dji to break the law. They wont do it. As for criminal flying their drones at night having their lights off to do crimes with a drone. Thats on them. Its like in America. Asking the gov why they want to ban guns when criminals will still go out and get guns. Lol. Criminals will never follow to law....but ask yourself, are you a criminal? XD.

I'm not blaming DJI and I'm not even upset about the law. My M3E has an easily enabled discrete mode for all LEDs including the tiny ones on the battery. I use this quite often. My main point was just calling out the absolutely useless law that does more harm than good.

You're right about the gun bans too. Chicago and many others have banned them and how much has that helped? The US has been fighting the war on drugs over 50 years and how is that going..?
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there blocker87. I understand the inconvenience. Please refer to the reply 3#. You can also check this link: https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... -for-mavic-3-series. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-6
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-6 15:38

I think you will find that 'dropping' stuff from drones is illegal in Europe so the prevention of that is irrelevant. As for the 'green' argument or consideration, what power does the LED consume? If green-ness was a concern then why permit battery powered toys in the first place? I'd love to know the enviromental damage caused by the production of these batteries and the plastics of the drone's shell.
2023-9-6
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

But the mavic 3 pro is C2 and not C1 if im right so why are these options disabled?
2023-9-6
Use props
blocker87
lvl.4

Netherlands

Johnnokomis Posted at 9-6 16:29
I'm not blaming DJI and I'm not even upset about the law. My M3E has an easily enabled discrete mode for all LEDs including the tiny ones on the battery. I use this quite often. My main point was just calling out the absolutely useless law that does more harm than good.

You're right about the gun bans too. Chicago and many others have banned them and how much has that helped? The US has been fighting the war on drugs over 50 years and how is that going..?

Exactly. Why does the m3E have discreet, with c2 label, and mavic 3 pro with c2 you can't even put a light off. Dont understand
2023-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules