Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there a way to lower the max speed?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

Okay, So I was wondering if there was a way to lower the max speed of the phantom 3? I am asking because at max speed you can see the 'arms' of the craft in the shot, and even the blades, and before you say just not push the stick as high, my thumb is a bit shaky, and im sure next to no one would be able to perfectly hold it in the same spot for shots where you need to not fluctuate speed.
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

tilt camera down a little til the rotors disappear
2015-9-1
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 00:33
tilt camera down a little til the rotors disappear

There are shots where I can not do this.
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 12:35
There are shots where I can not do this.

then im afraid  not. there are no horizontal speed limit settings, no>
2015-9-1
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just lighten up on the sticks and it won't fly as fast.  Sorry, I didnt read your whole post.   These may help your situation.
http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-BT- ... ;keywords=phantom+3
2015-9-1
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fly backwards.
OR
Film in 4K crop back to 1080p in post.
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-9-2 12:51
Fly backwards.
OR

very good, and then reverse footage.
2015-9-1
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-9-1 21:51
Fly backwards.
OR

Flying backwards works as long as there's nothing else moving in the video that you were recording. Otherwise that moving object will be going backwards when you reverse the footage in your editing software.
It is a good idea though, i've done that a few times.

I also really like your idea about filming in 4K and then just cropping down.
As long as you have a computer that can handle the 4K footage.
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

try this trisck i use for slow yaw, i dont see why it wouldnt work for moving forward. it is very percise since u will be pinching the card against the rc.
you ll see what i mean once u look at the video

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29700-1-1.html
2015-9-1
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-2 01:03
Flying backwards works as long as there's nothing else moving in the video that you were recording. ...

Yeah, but if I ever had a dying need for 4k that wouldn't work either, I was sorta hoping to find a hidden feature like the 3DR has, where you can just slow the motions down
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 13:18
Yeah, but if I ever had a dying need for 4k that wouldn't work either, I was sorta hoping to find  ...

i didnt think 3dr can get off the ground with all the gps problems they have? do they even have a gimbal yet? lol
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 13:18
Yeah, but if I ever had a dying need for 4k that wouldn't work either, I was sorta hoping to find  ...

try this trisck i use for slow yaw, i dont see why it wouldnt work for moving forward. it is very percise since u will be pinching the card against the rc.
you ll see what i mean once u look at the video

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29700-1-1.html
2015-9-1
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 01:23
i didnt think 3dr can get off the ground with all the gps problems they have? do they even have a  ...

It is supposedly the best drone for non included camera*, haven't flown one myself,  but yes they have a gimbal for GoPros

*-Afordable/low level
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 13:36
It is supposedly the best drone for non included camera*, haven't flown one myself,  but yes they h ...

Getting off ur original post but I would have to disagree with everything they promised about the solo,
the most intelligent drone= well it really isn't
Gimbal, still in shortage and not readily available
Price= by time you add the gopro and gimbal u r nearing $2000, so not really cheaper than p3pro but more expensive
2015-9-1
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 01:50
Getting off ur original post but I would have to disagree with everything they promised about the  ...

I never said it was cheeper than the phantom 3 pro, I said many consider it to be the best drone without a camera. and while it may not be great now they can always update software/firmware
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 13:52
I never said it was cheeper than the phantom 3 pro, I said many consider it to be the best drone w ...

Oh I didn't say u said it, it's what they advertise it as. And what good is a quad without a camera? And what good is a camera without a gimbal.
2015-9-1
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

You can get extension sticks for the remote controls. When they are longer, they are easier to move in smaller increments.
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As well as the tips above ( extending the stick being a good one ).

I find it easier to have fine control when using my thumb AND forefinger to hold the sticks. This does involve having a neckstrap and allowing the controller to hang. You can also get a cradle for the controller..

I will try and find it later and post a link ( unless someone already knows where to get it ;) )

Something like this ( not me )
Screen_Shot_2015-07-23_at_10.00.48_PM_large.png
2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here are a few:
http://www.espritmodel.com/trans ... re-1-red-black.aspx

http://www.flying-hobby.com/fpv- ... hantom-p-12719.html

http://www.heliguy.com/bargain-b ... ansmitter-tray.html
2015-9-2
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

It's a matter of control, for any serious flying you must be able to control your's speed. Now if you have a condition with you'r thumb i understand that it might not be possible. But for everyone else it's only a matter of practice. Adjusting the gain/expo etc might help.

My brother who is a RC nerd told me to practice on the highest settings, so that i learn to treat the sticks with care.. i'm getting there slowly. .-)

2015-9-2
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 01:36
It is supposedly the best drone for non included camera*, haven't flown one myself,  but yes they h ...

Pros and cons in re the 3DR Solo. Yes, the gimbal is finally available and shipping. Yes, they are apparently still having some problems with GPS, but, according to the forum where I lurk, they appear to be getting a grip on the GPS malfunctions.

From the posts I see, their customer service is not horrible, just bad! Theirs is apparently about as bad as DJI most of the time.

As far as cost - Solo charges extra for the gimbal, otherwise it comes without and you can attach a GoPro camera.. By the time you add in the cost of a decent (workable) tablet for your Phantom 3, the prices are not that far apart.
2015-9-2
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Other than lengthening the control sticks, possibly stacking some of the corn pads over the stick to make the stick  more resilient/squishy might slow things down a bit.

If you didn't need the snap back to center, the slider from a mixing would allow you greater control. The but is that when released, doesn't go back to center.

Futaba has rate control on all of their controls, but the DJI controller is a Futaba unit.
2015-9-2
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-2 16:26
As well as the tips above ( extending the stick being a good one ).

I find it easier to have fine c ...

AND hold your mouth exactly in that manner....LOL!
2015-9-2
Use props
flyingspanjard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631463 ft
Spain

See if this helps. I haven't tried it myself. anybody?
http://taco-rc.com/3dpower-yaw-c ... tter-video-panning/
2015-9-2
Use props
john_351
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 13:23
i didnt think 3dr can get off the ground with all the gps problems they have? do they even have a  ...

Well, that def fixes the problem of flying too fast..  :p
2015-9-2
Use props
ddoglemaster2
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 01:54
Oh I didn't say u said it, it's what they advertise it as. And what good is a quad without a camer ...

That means upgradibility, you could put a black magic 4k camera on there, and someday when 8k cameras come out, you can get a new gimbal and bam
2015-9-2
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

The stick extension suggestion is a good one. There are also rubber knob-ends from Bestem Aerial that will extend them even further.

Have you lowered your expo settings for yaw and forward/backward right/left?
l adjusted mine to .35 for yaw, but l like the responsiveness of everything else so l left the original values.

Here's a video if you need instruction. The expo part starts and 3:48. (Simon Newton has a good one too)

2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 22:54
That means upgradibility, you could put a black magic 4k camera on there, and someday when 8k came ...

Now that I can say is a positive for the 3dr.
2015-9-2
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

ddoglemaster2 Posted at 2015-9-2 01:36

Rayrokni is right. Lost of issues currently with it.

Still at "beta" stage I last I heard.
2015-9-2
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

Reference the 3dr or whatever they call it.  "Best," is universal in advertising and just about everything is best when it comes to selling a product, service or fast food.  4K or 8K not sure what DJI will come out with next but I think interchangeable lenses will be offered in the future.  

Now, how do you get the props out of the video while going fast?  Lower the camera like Ray mentioned other then that slow down.  Also a guy developed a camera extension that extends down with gravity as you lift off.  Not sure if I would buy one.
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-9-3 04:20
Reference the 3dr or whatever they call it.  "Best," is universal in advertising and just about ever ...

hey nice to see you are back. hope vacation was good, even though it was only for a few days
2015-9-2
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

Colombia

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-2 15:34
hey nice to see you are back. hope vacation was good, even though it was only for a few days

I would purchase a 3dr but when you can buy a DJI3P with extra battery and Hardcase Backpack for less then the 3dr its just not worth it.  Good time was had by all on my 4 day vacation but was unable to fly because the entire area was restricted airspace.  Flew today at my favorite field and my DJI3A performed perfectly.  

I got a chance to try my new Hoodivision for iPad mini 2 and I did not like it.  The hood is to high and the angle was just not good for me.  Also tried the phantom stick knobs.   The knobs elevated the sticks too high even the with sticks screwed all the way down.  Also they would spin in circles on top of the sticks when manuvering.  I might be able to fix the issues with the knobs.
2015-9-2
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Don't forget your gain settings!  I also have tremors and have trouble with right yaw.  Slowing down the yaw has helped greatly, and when it is bad, I just grip with finger/thumb.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules