Air 2S losing connection frequently
446 3 2023-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pI1NOh5HHBfI
lvl.1
United States

I just upgraded from the Mavic Air (my first drone) to the Air 2S, and I was super excited to be able to upgrade! I have had some problems with it though which has put a damper on the experience.

I have had multiple issues with losing connection in various ways that has made me nervous to fly it. Two specific instances will highlight some of the problems I am having. I am using the current version DJI Fly app on my iPhone 13 Pro, and the current software version on my Air 2S and RC-N1.

The first instance happened while flying with direct line of sight and roughly 1500 feet away. Close enough I could see it. While I was getting into place to capture an image, the RC signal strength immediately dropped to 0, all readouts went red, and the RC said not connected. Tried to move the drone with the sticks (since I could still visually see it) but it didn’t move. I waited for 3 minutes and it didn’t regain connection or initiate a RTH, which are my settings. This made me very nervous. I powered down the RC-N1, and when I did, I saw the drone initiate RTH. I powered the RC-N1 back on and it instantly connected to the drone and I regained visual feed and control.

The second instance happened when I flew behind an obstructing tree line and lost RC connection. I believe I legitimately lost RC connection and not another weird instance like above due to the lack of line of sight. The drone immediately initiated a RTH as is supposed to, and traveled back to me. When it cleared the tree line, I regained RC connection and signal strength was excellent. However, I did not regain visual feed. I had to manually land the drone by watching it and not be using the visual feedback through the app. Once I landed it, I powered the drone down and then back up, and it gained visual feed instantly like it is supposed to.

Has anyone else had issues like me? Weird “no connection” messages coupled with no control, except there seems to be some form of connection because RTH doesn’t initiate? Or weird instances of not regaining visual feed until power cycling?
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_pI1NOh5HHBfI
lvl.1
United States

I tried to get help from DJI’s online chat assistance. I was number 1 in line for over half an hour (during business hours) and finally gave up waiting. Any advice from someone who has successfully connected to DJI support and gotten help would be helpful to me too
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_pI1NOh5HHBfI
lvl.1
United States

DJI, can you please respond and help?
2023-9-11
Use props
Guillermo_2876
lvl.1
Flight distance : 240082 ft

United States

djiuser_pI1NOh5HHBfI Posted at 9-6 13:13
I tried to get help from DJI’s online chat assistance. I was number 1 in line for over half an hour (during business hours) and finally gave up waiting. Any advice from someone who has successfully connected to DJI support and gotten help would be helpful to me too

I'm in California and I called at 5:40 PM and they answered on the first ring I got somebody live right away keep in mind that they close at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. good luck
2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules