Videos deleting themselves from card!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfcordova
lvl.1

United States

I have a huge problem.  My videos delete themselves from my card automatically without me deleting them.  As I'm sure you are aware, this is a very serious problem for me.  I recently took a vacation on the Gulf of Mexico.  I recorded several videos, some of them with my children in the ocean.  When I returned that day to view them on my computer, I only had 3 videos, and I had recorded at least 6!  The videos appear on the DJI GO app, but they are no longer on the card.  Today, I had my nephews soccer semi-final game.  I recorded 6 videos again, and only three of them were on the card, it appears it kept the last 3 videos I recorded.  I am using a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB XC1 U3.  I'm desperate, Phantom 3 Professional is useless if I keep losing the video!  Is there a way to retrieve the 4K footage from the DJI GO app?  Why is this happening?  Although the files were probably the last 3 I recorded, they were labeled DJI_0001, DJI_0002 and DJI0003.  The operating system created 2 folders in the DCIM folder, 100MEDIA and 101MEDIA.  My videos were stored in 100MEDIA and there is nothing in 101MEDIA.  I can't believe this has just happened.  Anyone out there with the same problem????
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

have u tried another sd card.
is the sd card formatted to full capacity?
r u sure, if using windows, the os is not automatically copying vids and pix from sd and then deleting them?
2015-9-1
Use props
pcmeid
lvl.2

South Africa

There is a setting to make your recordings continuous and not start from 01 each time.
2015-9-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

pcmeid Posted at 2015-9-2 12:57
There is a setting to make your recordings continuous and not start from 01 each time.

yes but that wouldnt delete his videos, it would just reset the index
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never seen my P3 create the 101MEDIA folder. Thought this was only created when there was 10,000+ items in 100MEDIA..

Could be a bad file system on the card. Try formatting the SD using the Go App or using the 16Gb SD card that came with the P3..
2015-9-1
Use props
sfcordova
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your reply.  As a test, I inserted the 16GB card that came with the P3.  I recorded 8 videos after formatting the card and starting clean.  On each video, I had a paper in which I wrote down 1 and recorded, stopped, the recorded again a sheet of paper with the number 2, and kept going until I recorded the number 8.  If it was going to delete a video, I wanted to know which one it deleted, if it did the same as with the Sandisk card and deleted the older videos and replaced it with he newest videos.  When I removed the card (on a Mac system), it kept all 8 videos.  I am going to perform the same test with he Sandisk card.  I hope it's just bad sectors on the card.  I'll keep you guys posted.  I am sorry to say, I lost a few videos I took of my kids on the beach in Destin Fla.  Oh well, good excuse to take them back!
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules